• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cool Flash Carousel Menu

Is there anyone with an Idea?

I have found an other problem with this contri.

- under "my.homepage.ch" is it allready with the link of the images but when the customers coms under "WWW.myhomepage.ch" the links in the images do not work!?!

Best regards,

Dan.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone with an Idea?

I have found an other problem with this contri.

- under "my.homepage.ch" is it allready with the link of the images but when the customers coms under "WWW.myhomepage.ch" the links in the images do not work!?!

Best regards,

Dan.

Use this code in your .htaccess file

RewriteEngine On
Options -Indexes
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^\.htaccess$ - [F]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.site\.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://site.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Thank you for this fantastic contribution to the author and everybody else who has put work into this as well as all the helpful people on this forum.

I installed this and it worked like a treat. I have a small problem that I am sure someone can help me with here.

On my site, when hovering over the product in the movie, it displays the name of the product and the price in £. However, before the £ sign a special character is displayed which looks like an A with a hat (^) on top.

This only happens in the movie and nowhere else on my site. Where do I start looking to find the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Hello Katalin,

Thanks very mutch for you answere. But this code do not work for me. If I try it, noting go (also the admin is not going)

Do you now something about my two other "problems"? The stylesheet for the text and/or the gab between the image and the picture shade?

Thanks in front so mutch for your help. I am absolut a greenhorn about this all...but I learn by doing right now :-)

Dan.

Use this code in your .htaccess file

RewriteEngine On
Options -Indexes
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^\.htaccess$ - [F]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.site\.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://site.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Hello,

My website has 4 addresses: let's say "www.my-website.com", "www.my-website.fr", "www.mywebsite.com", and "www.mywebsite.fr".

My website is perfectly displayed at all these addresses, with this exception that my carousel-links do not work.

I tried all the possible combinations, testing one address after another one, with "www" and without "www"; the only way to have the carousel-links always work is to type "mywebsite.fr" (without "www").

I used Katalyn's code but it didn't solve my problem.

I experienced the same problem with Cool Flash Carousel Menu versions 1.3a and 2.0d.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Hi Just installed 2.d and get this error - looks like a / missing from location of catalogimages/....xml - any idea how to fix

Thanks Nick

Warning: fopen(/home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/catalogimages/kampanya.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/catalog/includes/modules/rotator.php on line 19

Hi Just installed 2.d and get this error - looks like a / missing from location of catalogimages/....xml - any idea how to fix

Thanks Nick

Warning: fopen(/home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/catalogimages/kampanya.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/catalog/includes/modules/rotator.php on line 19

There should be a / between catalog and images in the error you posted like you already spotted. Check you're includes/configure.php. If you can't find where to put the / post it here or send it by pm and I'll take a look for you.

Edited by emmetje

There should be a / between catalog and images in the error you posted like you already spotted. Check you're includes/configure.php. If you can't find where to put the / post it here or send it by pm and I'll take a look for you.

Thanks, I should've checked that myselfhttp://www.oscommerce.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

I realy need you help do the tree little problems I have...

The deatly link with www is not so importend, then when the customers go on an other site, they will stand autom. without www on my stor.

- How I can change the look of the Text by mouse over? ...so the style, the bold, the size...

- and when I start the shop, on the first time (bevor I go with the mouse over the "carousel-box"), the items are realy slowly...can I change this right by the show up (first load of site) be a little bit faster?

- is it possibility to change the place between the image and the shadow - so that there will be an bigger place and not image near schadow?

Thanks in front,

Dan.

The deatly link with www is not so importend, then when the customers go on an other site, they will stand autom. without www on my stor.

- How I can change the look of the Text by mouse over? ...so the style, the bold, the size...

- and when I start the shop, on the first time (bevor I go with the mouse over the "carousel-box"), the items are realy slowly...can I change this right by the show up (first load of site) be a little bit faster?

- is it possibility to change the place between the image and the shadow - so that there will be an bigger place and not image near schadow?

Thanks in front,

Dan.

I'm sorry, can't help you with that. These questions are related to the flash file and I'm no good with flash at all.

Thanks in front,

Dan.

All the settings are in the action script for the flash movie so you will need flash or a clone - open its source file(fla), select the actions layer and click actions tab in your side menu to display the code.

Select the flashmo layer and properties tab and you can move the text and edit its appearance.

Hope that helps

Thanks so mutch for your help!!!

I have no flash on my PC and in switzerland are the costs for this programm realy big... I will show and take a moment, perhapse I must cancel this great contri, the the text is realy to small... and becouse the shadow, the images must be very little that it take a good look... well, I will see.

Thanks a lot, your great. Have all the time care and a very nice December!

Dan.

Further to my question below, I have subsequently found out that the problem occurs during the creation of kampanya.xml. For some reason my server inserts the £ symbol for the UK Pound sign instead of £.

I don't know what settings I can change wnd where so that I get the right character sets.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Thank you for this fantastic contribution to the author and everybody else who has put work into this as well as all the helpful people on this forum.

I installed this and it worked like a treat. I have a small problem that I am sure someone can help me with here.

On my site, when hovering over the product in the movie, it displays the name of the product and the price in £. However, before the £ sign a special character is displayed which looks like an A with a hat (^) on top.

This only happens in the movie and nowhere else on my site. Where do I start looking to find the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

This contribute is fantasic, but i see of the DEMO page it is not working on Firefox 2.0.8 it for only in IE. In Firefox i see a white screen.

Have you find the Problem for Firefox?

Or can you make it so, if not load Javascript saw a Jpg Picture at this point. than is not a white page on this point.

This contribute is fantasic, but i see of the DEMO page it is not working on Firefox 2.0.8 it for only in IE. In Firefox i see a white screen.

Or can you make it so, if not load Javascript saw a Jpg Picture at this point. than is not a white page on this point.

The newest version is working fine with the latest version of Firefox (don't have other versions installed) due to the change from the original <embed> tag to the W3C valid swfobject code. It's also tested in IE6, IE7, Safari, Opera, Flock and Google Chrome. I'm pretty sure that is't full croos browser compatible.

Edited by emmetje

Further to my question below, I have subsequently found out that the problem occurs during the creation of kampanya.xml. For some reason my server inserts the £ symbol for the UK Pound sign instead of £.

I don't know what settings I can change wnd where so that I get the right character sets.

I'm not familiar with the pound sign. There are some guidelines for the euro sign (several links in this thread) but I don't know if there are any for the pound sign.

If you're using plain text (no html) emails like the confirmation email, does the pound sign display correctly?

Love it. Thanks to the inventor, I got thorugh about 5 pages or so without this answered.

Noticed when I tried to make the thumbnails a bit larger that the mirroed image doe not start at the bottom and instead overlaps the thumbnail and looks sloppy. how do I get the mirror or shadow image to start at the bottom of the enlarged thumbnail image?

Second,

I set my background color to black but the item description is also in black. Where can i find the product totle color code to change the text to white (what file and line?)

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.

I'm not familiar with the pound sign. There are some guidelines for the euro sign (several links in this thread) but I don't know if there are any for the pound sign.

If you're using plain text (no html) emails like the confirmation email, does the pound sign display correctly?

If I set my SSH client to have the utf-8 chracter set then it displays correctly in a text file on the server. Else it displays as I have described it. However, I don't know how to make it so the movie displays it correctly. There has got to be a setting I can change for the character set that will display it correctlty. I have tried to change the charcter encoding to be utf-8 but it just makes it worse and I get further odd characters appearing in the price.

I tried and tested a lot of things (when i put € in the databse all prices become the ? with the black background)

I THINK that it has to do with the flash version or fonts or something like that

The $ sign works fine and the english pound sign can work

How can you get the english pound sign to work because I can't get that to work.

i have same problem..

carousel menu working fine with ie & chrome..

but in firefox just can see produce name and price ,image not show?

Hello,

My website has 4 addresses: let's say "www.my-website.com", "www.my-website.fr", "www.mywebsite.com", and "www.mywebsite.fr".

My website is perfectly displayed at all these addresses, with this exception that my carousel-links do not work.

I tried all the possible combinations, testing one address after another one, with "www" and without "www"; the only way to have the carousel-links always work is to type "mywebsite.fr" (without "www").

I used Katalyn's code but it didn't solve my problem.

I experienced the same problem with Cool Flash Carousel Menu versions 1.3a and 2.0d.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Hello,

No suggestion... Consequently I remove the carousel from my website for the moment.

Regards

Hi Emmetje,

Great contribution butt i have 1 question.

i have made 15 featured products in the admin but i only see 1 picture rotating in the carroussel.

In the settings of the file includes/modules/rotator.php is $limit_product_number = 12

Why is there only 1 product in the carroussel?

Strange: If i upload the 2.0B version of this contribution it works great!?

What could be the problem??

Greetings from Holland!

Armand

Edited by armandski

Hi Emmetje,

Great contribution butt i have 1 question.

i have made 15 featured products in the admin but i only see 1 picture rotating in the carroussel.

In the settings of the file includes/modules/rotator.php is $limit_product_number = 12

Why is there only 1 product in the carroussel?

Strange: If i upload the 2.0B version of this contribution it works great!?

What could be the problem??

Greetings from Holland!

Armand

Hi Armand,

That's kind of strange indeed can you post or pm me a link?

Hi Armand,

That's kind of strange indeed can you post or pm me a link?

I have the same problem. Sometimes it shows 2 products, other times 4 and sometimes 6 but I have at least 8 uploaded.

I have been trying to figure it out as it is set to take 10. I started checking the images (jpeg, bmp etc.. size) and still have not found the cause.

link to my site is www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.

I have the same problem. Sometimes it shows 2 products, other times 4 and sometimes 6 but I have at least 8 uploaded.

I have been trying to figure it out as it is set to take 10. I started checking the images (jpeg, bmp etc.. size) and still have not found the cause.

link to my site is www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The problems here are caused by specials chars in the productnames.

Edited by emmetje