• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cool Flash Carousel Menu

I love this contrib!! Just curious if we can add something in the middle....Like a pic or jpg or something....So the products are going around the words "Specials" or if I could put an image of a dive quarry, or something...

You can see it here: www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog

Thanks and keep up the great work!!

Mike

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selamlar and Hi,

I am not been able to seem something, i have SEF active on the shop but i do only see an emtpy place on index.

I had set the image directory to 777 but no kampanya.xml was made..

what can bee the problem ?

thanks in forward..

Hi,

I have used an enhanced version of the carousel on my fancy dress shop for about 4 months.

I decided not to link it directly to the database but manually edit the xml file to reflect the products and categories I want at the time.

I also found images to be a problem as to get them to work properly and load fast they need to be small png or gif files, my site is all jpeg. So my version uses its own image directory as well, this does mean duplication of the images but a much more professional final website.

If anyone is interested I could make the swf and source available in the contribution section but I don't want to tread on anyones toes who already has this contribution running.

have a look at http://www.dees-fancydress.co.uk/catalog to see the finished product.

Hi,

I have used an enhanced version of the carousel on my fancy dress shop for about 4 months.

I decided not to link it directly to the database but manually edit the xml file to reflect the products and categories I want at the time.

I also found images to be a problem as to get them to work properly and load fast they need to be small png or gif files, my site is all jpeg. So my version uses its own image directory as well, this does mean duplication of the images but a much more professional final website.

If anyone is interested I could make the swf and source available in the contribution section but I don't want to tread on anyones toes who already has this contribution running.

have a look at http://www.dees-fancydress.co.uk/catalog to see the finished product.

Hi Bob,

It's looks really neat !!! I'm very interested in your swf and source, because you have also the abbillity to get more information about the product in the same carroussel. Please contact me in person or post the links here please.

Marcus

Hi Bob,

It's looks really neat !!! I'm very interested in your swf and source, because you have also the abbillity to get more information about the product in the same carroussel. Please contact me in person or post the links here please.

Marcus

I've put a zip file on my site http://www.dees-fancydress.co.uk/catalog/flash/carousel.zip that contains the xml swf and images I use.

You should be able to just substitute the swf file for the one in the contribution.

The xml file has the following structure

The Theme name section contains image the background image, center the image in the centre of the carousel and xpos and ypos are offsets to centre the centre image.

the following lines are self explanatory the image to show,the tooltip, text for the description and finally the URL.

I'll dig out the source code and post it later but this should be enough to test with.

Bob.

section from xml control file

- <theme name="Egyptian" image="eygpt.png" center="sphinx.png" ypos="80" xpos="0">

- <icons>

<icon image="" content="Egypt.html" />

<icon image="egypt/3265F.png" tooltip="Pharaoh Costume" content="Pharaoh Costume" url="/catalog/product-p-241.html" />

<icon image="egypt/3277E.png" tooltip="Empress" content="Empress Costume" url="/catalog/product-p-239.html" />

<icon image="egypt/3517O.png" tooltip="Cleopatra" content="Cleopatra Costume" url="/catalog/product-p-240.html" />

<icon image="egypt/3561L.png" tooltip="Nefertiti" content="Nefertiti Costume" url="/catalog/product-p-242.html" />

<icon image="egypt/3737E.png" tooltip="Tutankhamen" content="Tutankhamen Costume" url="/catalog/product-p-243.html" />

<icon image="egypt/3952L_a.png" tooltip="Deluxe Cleopatra" content="Deluxe Cleopatra Costume" url="/catalog/product-p-372.html" />

<icon image="egypt/3990f_a.png" tooltip="Deluxe Pharaoh" content="Deluxe Pharaoh Costume" url="/catalog/product-p-376.html" />

<icon image="egypt/9003T_a.png" tooltip="Egyptian pharaoh" content="Egyptian pharaoh Costume" url="/catalog/product-p-880.html" />

<icon image="egypt/9005R_a.png" tooltip="Ramesse" content="Ramesse the Great Costume" url="/catalog/product-p-881.html" />

<icon image="egypt/9019E_a.png" tooltip="Queen of Egypt" content="Queen of Egypt Costume" url="/catalog/product-p-878.html" />

</icons>

</theme>

I've put a zip file on my site http://www.dees-fancydress.co.uk/catalog/flash/carousel.zip that contains the xml swf and images I use.

You should be able to just substitute the swf file for the one in the contribution.

The Theme name section contains image the background image, center the image in the centre of the carousel and xpos and ypos are offsets to centre the centre image.

the following lines are self explanatory the image to show,the tooltip, text for the description and finally the URL.

I'll dig out the source code and post it later but this should be enough to test with.

Bob.

Hi Bob,

Thanx a lot. I've downloaded the zip-file and try to work with it tonight. Thanx a lot for the moment.

Marcus

Hello, have worked with this better part of day and a half but i'm not able to get the images to show : (

However, I do have the xml and the correctly resized images writing to the IMAGES folder.

Oh my gosh help would be greatly appreciated! I've tried every verison and cant get the carosel to show images --- please help.

thanks

liz

**** Bob *** your egyptian dress carosel is amazing !!

Bob.

Hi Bob,

I've been working with your swf-file and xml-file and it's looking great. It seems to be very easy. Hopefully you can upload your source code of the flash as well so I can work around that too. I'm looking forward to it.

thanx so far.

Marcus

Hi Bob,

I've been working with your swf-file and xml-file and it's looking great. It seems to be very easy. Hopefully you can upload your source code of the flash as well so I can work around that too. I'm looking forward to it.

thanx so far.

Marcus

Hi,

I managed to install Bobgentry's zip file on my test-site; in the xml. file I tried to substitute his products' urls by mine with a xml editor; but every time I click on the "Buy now" button, it's Bobgentry's site address which is taken into account. What file has to be modified? May be it's the source code of the flash? I'm looking forward to it too. Thanks in advance.

Regards

-------------------------

Bonjour,

j'ai installé avec succés le zip de Bobgentry; dans le fichier xml j'ai essayé de remplacer les urls de ses articles par les urls de mes articles avec un éditeur xml; mais à chaque fois que je clique sur le bouton "Buy now", c'est l'adresse du site de Bobgentry qui est est prise en compte. Quel fichier modifier? Le code source du flash? Moi aussi j'ai hâte de connaître ce code. Merci d'avance.

hi all, i'm interested in solutions to the "white box" that only shows on my page. I have tried v 1.2 and v 1.3 and no images show. XML is created -- Images are resized and renamed properly.... but sadly no carousel : (

thanks for who ever may have experienced this and would share how they solved this

liz

Well, I've finally been able to view the carousel with images. -- Not exactly sure this made a difference but it must have.... my specials table had many products that had expired (25 + ) once I deleted all the old products my carousel began to show the other images to my surprise.

Now my issue seems to be with not having all the products showing.... specials contains 30 products and only about are 10 visible on carousel no matter what I change or do. I'm wondering if having some of the product images that start with a number ( ex 3245kampanya.jpg ) would be causing this problem? Anybody with a solution or answer as to why only some images are visible on the carousel and how to correct ??

thanks liz

Edited by mac2me

hi everyone

would you be so kind to check out my test site and tell if you see the product info (name and price) under the icons in carusel

thanks in advance

bandido.rork.ru

Nope,

sorry man, I just see strange characters like 25599ãõí or 122ãõí.

Regards,

Marcus

Nope,

sorry man, I just see strange characters like 25599ãõí or 122ãõí.

Regards,

Marcus

OK....I was using the carusel for awhile, but unless you have a fast video card, its slow or doesnt work...PLUS I cant figure out how to secure it....SO I keep getting that stupid " Some Items are not secure" popup, and cant have that for my customers....

Anyone have any ideas on securing it? Any alternative ideas because this looks soooo damn cool

OK....I was using the carusel for awhile, but unless you have a fast video card, its slow or doesnt work...PLUS I cant figure out how to secure it....SO I keep getting that stupid " Some Items are not secure" popup, and cant have that for my customers....

Anyone have any ideas on securing it? Any alternative ideas because this looks soooo damn cool

to secure it is very simple: open kampanya.php and look for the url which contains download.macromedia.com:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa...version=8,0,0,0

and

http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer

and change the http:// to https://

you have to change both url's 2 times in the file. After that you won't get the message 'some items are not secure' anymore.

Regards,

Marcus

I've used IE Opera and Firefox

firefox shows names and prices but 2 items out of 5

IE and Oera show all items but without names

Please help with the root of the problem

osc ver 2.2rc1

kampanya ver 1.3

url bandidio.rork.ru (please use ukrainian or russian language. english for the moment)

thank you

Edited by bandido

I've used IE Opera and Firefox

firefox shows names and prices but 2 items out of 5

IE and Oera show all items but without names

Please help with the root of the problem

osc ver 2.2rc1

kampanya ver 1.3

url bandidio.rork.ru (please use ukrainian or russian language. english for the moment)

thank you

Hi bandido,

you're site is not working at the moment, I get a 404 error (I think, 'cause everything is in Russian and I can't read it...).

It's very strange that you have problems with this script, because at my site everything is working (take a look at https://www.sylkamode.com for an example). I've neverd tested it on Fireworks or Opera, so don't know if it's working there.

What you can do is get rid of the entire code (by deleting everything in backwords from the installation file) and install it again. Perhabs it helps.

Maybe there's another contribution which is installed on your site which is causing a problem with this script.

marcus

it's on the free hosting that's why it may be 404

I'm practicing before placing it on a payed host

did you use the ver 1.3?

ps: no other contributions installed

yes, i've used version 1.3 with no problem. That's why I find it so strange that it's not working at your site. Do you have English also installed? If so, is it working fine there or do you have this problem with all languages?

marcus