• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cool Flash Carousel Menu

I hope one of you more experienced users can help me.

I recently got fed up with the company I've previously paid to work on my sites, communication was poor & cost a packet too, so I sat down with the contrib section and thought I have a go. I have very little knowledge but from the contribs and the support have managed to begin delevoping one of my sites.

I've installed this program as advised in the Install file and like other users just get an empty white box on my main page.

However my installation of the contrib doesn't create the .xml file, yes its creating the image.JPGkampanya.jpg images but no .xml

Permissions in the image folder are set to 777 and I've reviewed the config file as per another members post, if anyone has experienced a similar problem and has resolved or anyone have any other ideas I'd be grateful if they'd share.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For exemple after or before echo(TEXT_MAIN); you simply add this line require('carousel/carousel.php') ;

@spooks same case for some clients doesn't have flash installed on their PC

Thank you for your reply, but i am still having trouble. Please post what the code looks like:

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN;?></td><valign="middle"><div align="center"><?php echo  tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '', ''); ?></td>

Has anyone had any luck integrating this contrib with Simple Template System 4.5.8? I am having some trouble with step number two of the install directions:

Making this change has no effect on the store.

Thank you for any help provided.

Bump.

Thank you for any help provided.

Thank you for your reply, but i am still having trouble. Please post what the code looks like:

<td class="main"><?php require('carousel/carousel.php')  ; echo TEXT_MAIN;?></td><valign="middle"><div align="center"><?php echo  tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '', ''); ?></td>

;)

I said before, you have to edit the 'fla' file with 'flash'.

Je l'ai déjà dit, vous devez éditer le fichier 'fla' avec 'flash'.

Hi Sam

Impossible to open the file fla with Macromedia flash Professional 8 Unexpected file format would you have spin a compatible file?

Thank you louse your answer.

Cordialement.

Its not my file, speak to comarge, ask what version of flash he is using?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong I keep getting these warnings:

Warning: imagegif() [function.imagegif]: Unable to open 'images/microsoft/msimpro.gifkampanya.gif' for writing in /home/xvidtcom/public_html/moviearch.com/kampanya.php on line 95

Warning: imagegif() [function.imagegif]: Unable to open 'images/dvd/blade_runner.gifkampanya.gif' for writing in /home/xvidtcom/public_html/moviearch.com/kampanya.php on line 95

Warning: imagegif() [function.imagegif]: Unable to open 'images/dvd/the_matrix.gifkampanya.gif' for writing in /home/xvidtcom/public_html/moviearch.com/kampanya.php on line 95

Warning: imagegif() [function.imagegif]: Unable to open 'images/dvd/courage_under_fire.gifkampanya.gif' for writing in /home/xvidtcom/public_html/moviearch.com/kampanya.php on line 95

Also here is my web http://www.moviearch.com/

Hi all,

First off - Thanks for some great replies that allowed me to get this working and change somethings.

Having a problem coding it from Black writing though to White. I have M Flash but am baffled if anyone could edit the file so its in white would be a major thanks in it.

:)

Cheers anyone?

bob

Hi Bob, I think he has used Flash CS3 Professional as I can edit the text no problem, you can download a 30 day trial from http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ or you can download this modified file here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/140503201/kampanya.swf.html

Black background / white text?

I am in the process of changing servers and I still having problems with this contribution, I have since changed to totally different server using windows server 2003 x64 / apache / PHP 5.2.6 / SQL 5.1 and still the same white square issue!

The jpg's get wrote, the xml file gets wrote and is valid, the config paths's are correct, so why wont it work? what causes this?

Edited by chrish123

Hi Sam

Impossible to open the file fla with Macromedia flash Professional 8 Unexpected file format would you have spin a compatible file?

Thank you louse your answer.

Cordialement.

Yes, I ran into this same issue with the same version of flash. I plan on trying to get over to a buddies and trying it on Adobe Flash CS3 tonight, I'll post back with how it goes.

Unless of course someone solves it before then.

See

chrish123 above

Edited by spooks

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

A new version of flash carousel is coming :rolleyes:

New version works as featured contribution. Now all configuration can make from admin.

Store owners can add products to flash carousel from admin.

Expected date: Aug 22 2008

Hi Com Arge,

Hows this going? Any news on a release date?

I've been holding off for this one, rather than try and get the other one working as the admin side of it sounds like it's going to make it much more usable!

Cheers

Mat

Sometimes when I navigate from one category to another category, the last one's carrousel shows me products which belong to another category, not the current category neither previously category.

Anybody has the same problem?

see post 103 above

Sam

Contributions:

Hi,

I just finished flash carousel with a new flash style. But nearly two days our server under bots attack, so when we solve this problem I will release flash carousel addons.

Thank your for your understanding.

Don't work with STS?!

hello, Thank you for your contribution. It's cool!!

But, when I work with STS, the price was gone!! How could I do?

Please, help.

Sorry, I found the problem: it's the position of .js file... I've located them in a special directory.

Could you please let me know how you fixed the problem of this contrib not working with STS? Thank you.

In fact, it works fine with STS. And I found that the problem is AC_RunActiveContent.js. Just download the v1.3 and replaced the AC_RunActiveContent.js file. The problem will be solved.

PS: Another two questions:

1 How can I display the 2 price at the same time, One in red, the other in black?

2 When I reduce the size in kampanya.php, the text field changed too. How to avoid this?

Thanx for all your helps.

1 How can I display the 2 price at the same time, One in red, the other in black?

Edit the fla file, details in ealier posts

2 When I reduce the size in kampanya.php, the text field changed too. How to avoid this?

You cant

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

To list new products:

Find:

$specials_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC LIMIT $limit_product_number";
$specials_query = tep_db_query($specials_query_raw);
while ($specials = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query)) {
if ((!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sID']) || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sID']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['sID'] == $specials['specials_id']))) && !isset($sInfo)) {
$products_query = tep_db_query("select products_image from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$specials['products_id'] . "'");
$products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);
}

Replace with:

$date = strtotime("-60 days"); // set max age of displayed product
$date = strftime("%Y-%m-%d",$date); 
$specials_query_raw = "select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_date_added > '".$date."' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . $limit_product_number;
$specials_query = tep_db_query($specials_query_raw);
while ($specials = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query)) {

Find:

$xmlfile .= "\t\t" . '<product filename="'.$new_image.'" productname="'.$specials['products_name'].'" productprice="'.$kampanya->display_price($specials['specials_new_products_price'],'').'" url="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $specials['products_id']). '" />'."\n";

Replace with:

$xmlfile .= "\t\t" . '<product filename="'.$new_image.'" productname="'.$specials['products_name'].'" productprice="'.($specials['products_price'] > 0 ? $kampanya->display_price($specials['products_price'],'') : 'P.O.A').'" url="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $specials['products_id']). '" />'."\n";

I`ve not tested, but that should work fine.

B)

I've tried, but there's just a blank.... I work with the version 1.3. Please help...

Guys,

So I recently installed this contribution, but for some reason I am getting attacked from the website like as soon as I login to the website my anti virus will begin poping up windows. Has anyone have this experience? Currently I am checking why, but it all leads to that installation.

Is there a way to check on other websites? Was the contribution updated?

Thank you guys and hope this is not the case,

Dark

Any word on this????

This is weird, I guess I will have to delete until it becomes stable!

Thank you guys!,

Dark

Guys,

So I recently installed this contribution, but for some reason I am getting attacked from the website like as soon as I login to the website my anti virus will begin poping up windows. Has anyone have this experience? Currently I am checking why, but it all leads to that installation.

Is there a way to check on other websites? Was the contribution updated?

Thank you guys and hope this is not the case,

Dark