• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cool Flash Carousel Menu

This addon show special products with cool flash carousel. Install within 2 minutes. Only one file need to edit.

You can easily show bestsellers by changing two query in kampanya.php file.

This addon support multilingual and curriencies.

You easily understand by visiting

http://demo.oscommerce.com.tr

Don't miss this addon.

Download at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6123

Edited by ComArge

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This addon show special products with cool flash carousel. Install within 2 minutes. Only one file need to edit.

You can easily show bestsellers by changing two query in kampanya.php file.

This addon support multilingual and curriencies.

You easily understand by visiting

Don't miss this addon.

Hi ComArge,

is it possible to add a limit to the number of specials shown? I've tried to add limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_SPECIALS at the end of $specials_query_raw in kampanya.php but it didn't work. At this moment I have over 300 special products and your script is loading them all which means that the index-page is extremely slow...

Regards,

Marcus

Nice contrib.

;)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hi,

Open kampanya.php file and find below line:

$specials_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC";

And replace with below code:

$specials_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC LIMIT 12";

I just put "LIMIT 12" at the end of query. You can change 12 number to how many products to show.

the errors im getting??

Warning: include(kampanya.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/*****/public_html/index.php on line 307

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'kampanya.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/******/public_html/index.php on line 307

Its not working for me either. I can't seem to find <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td> in the index.php.. So I can replace it. Do you know about what line #?thanks...I have a template so the code probably is not the same..thanks..

Its not working for me either. I can't seem to find <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td> in the index.php.. So I can replace it. Do you know about what line #?thanks...I have a template so the code probably is not the same..thanks..

for me its almost at the bottom of the page.

make sure your in:

catalog/index.php

or

public_html/index.php

which ever one you use.

Hi,

Open kampanya.php file and find below line:

$specials_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC";

And replace with below code:

$specials_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC LIMIT 12";

I just put "LIMIT 12" at the end of query. You can change 12 number to how many products to show.

Hi,

thank you very much. It's working fine now. But my pictures are to big because propably it's picking up it's original size. Do you know if there's something to do about that?

It's really a nice contrib and I'm looking for something like this a whole time and hoping it will look nice in the end.

Thanx,

Marcus

Hi Cool looking mod, But I am trying this out and got these errors too, I fixed this by replacing the line in index.php to

<td class="main" align="center"><?php include(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'kampanya.php'); ?></td>

Although now I only get an empty flash box, just white but I have specials listed... the xml file is being wrote so I dont know whats wrong here... I also had an old runactivecontent.js so i placed the new one in the includes directory and changed the appropriate lines in the kampanya.php file.

Using iis6, php5 and sql 5

I still havent figured this out yet, still get a white box with no products etc.. this must be some issue with rc1 2.2 or sql5 etc. you can get rid of the error in the index.php by using single quotes instead of double quotes aswell..

<td class="main" align="center"><?php include(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'kampanya.php'); ?></td>

alternate method

<td class="main" align="center"><?php include('kampanya.php'); ?></td>

Please help!!

Hi,

thank you very much. It's working fine now. But my pictures are to big because propably it's picking up it's original size. Do you know if there's something to do about that?

It's really a nice contrib and I'm looking for something like this a whole time and hoping it will look nice in the end.

Thanx,

Marcus

Thanks for the contribution! Same here! Works great, but need to somehow resize images.

Hi can anyone tell me who has this working, if they are using rc1 or sql5 and / or php5 please?

Thanks

I have it working in ms2.2 rc2a .. php5 mysql5

I liked the look of it but wasn't too keen on the php coding (no use of tep_href_link etc) or the fact that it is specials only. Also it does a query per page load which is also not necessary and doesn't resize images.

I rewrote it to show selected categories or products using SEO URLs with the set up done through a file in admin which I find much more convenient. Also it resizes images to a thumbnail which makes it look much nicer.

Edited by FWR Media

I liked the look of it but wasn't too keen on the php coding (no use of tep_href_link etc) or the fact that it is specials only. Also it does a query per page load which is also not necessary and doesn't resize images.

I rewrote it to show selected categories or products using SEO URLs with the set up done through a file in admin which I find much more convenient. Also it resizes images to a thumbnail which makes it look much nicer.

Hi,

would you be so kind to share your rewritten code with others? We would appreciate it.

Thanx,

Marcus

Hi,

would you be so kind to share your rewritten code with others? We would appreciate it.

Thanx,

Marcus

At this stage is was written only for my own/customers sites which work rather differently to a standard oscommerce. I may reverse engineer it at some stage, but I don't have the time atm I have a lot of paid work to do.

Sound great, that would be great if you can share another one of your excellent mods, you could also add an if + else statement easily for the index.php and make it controllable on/off in the admin section, I know how to do that but I just cant get the bloody thing to work as im new to php ;)

Cheers

New features version 1.2

Some configuration variables added to kampanya.php

You can resize images

You can define product number to show

If you want to resize images open kampanya.php and change these:

$image_need_resize = 1; // 1 on, 0 off

$width = 100; // image width

$height = 75; // image height

$limit_product_number = 12; // how many products want to show

At this version you can resize images by using thumb function. So that you need CHMOD images and under images direcories to 777. Because script produce thumb images of products.

By the way setup second step updated. You can see below.

There is no update copy all files to your existing store.

Nice contrib...it works great...

I am using the "Login to view prices" contrib, what can i see here;

> when customer Login, then can see the flash carousel....and its work great...

> but when customer not login or logout, then flash carousel show empty.....its blank!!!

Is it possible to change it Available all the time? and can we put only products selected will show in the flash carousel(maybe only a products from one of the manufacture selected)??

Again...There is no info on how to show bestsellers instead of specials.

Can anyone help?...please

I'd like this too, actually I read the details of the previous update wrong too, I though it said I could specify the item number (instead you can specify the number of items).

Would be good if you can either specify which items to show, or it does the best sellers as I never have enough items on special to fill the screen.. :)

Mat

Batt - I have the same problem, I cannot find <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td> and am also using a template. Did you manage to solve the problem? I'm keen to add this to my site - looks great. I have NO td class="main" in the index file at all! ?