• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PWA - 1048 - Column 'customers_password' cannot be null

joyces

Hi

What a way to spend a weekend - pulling my hair out!!

I have added the PAW contribution osCommerce v2.2rc2a - Purchase Without Account v2.0e

When I try to add the common.sql to the database I get this error

Error

SQL-query :

ALTER TABLE `customers` MODIFY COLUMN `customers_password` VARCHAR( 40 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 1

When I then try to do a test order I get the following message

1048 - Column 'customers_password' cannot be null

insert into customers (customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone, customers_fax, customers_newsletter, customers_password, guest_account, customers_gender, customers_dob) values ('Andrea', 'Joyce', '[email protected]', '0111111111', '', '', null, '1', 'f', '19610827')

The only post I can find which seems to refer to this, but not exactly, says 1048 - Column 'guest_account' cannot be null

NOT 'customer_password' cannot be null

I tried making the amendments suggested to create_account.php (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=309382&pid=1282724&mode=threaded&start=0#entry1282724) but still the same problem.

Please can anyone help me out - would be eternally grateful

cheers

Andrea

• 1 month later...
Hi

What a way to spend a weekend - pulling my hair out!!

I have added the PAW contribution osCommerce v2.2rc2a - Purchase Without Account v2.0e

When I try to add the common.sql to the database I get this error

Error

SQL-query :

ALTER TABLE `customers` MODIFY COLUMN `customers_password` VARCHAR( 40 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 1

When I then try to do a test order I get the following message

1048 - Column 'customers_password' cannot be null

insert into customers (customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone, customers_fax, customers_newsletter, customers_password, guest_account, customers_gender, customers_dob) values ('Andrea', 'Joyce', '[email protected]', '0111111111', '', '', null, '1', 'f', '19610827')

The only post I can find which seems to refer to this, but not exactly, says 1048 - Column 'guest_account' cannot be null

NOT 'customer_password' cannot be null

I tried making the amendments suggested to create_account.php (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=309382&pid=1282724&mode=threaded&start=0#entry1282724) but still the same problem.

Please can anyone help me out - would be eternally grateful

cheers

Andrea

I have the exact same problem, it broke my site and now I have to go undo all those hour long changes I had to make to my script.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Edited by F0l2saken

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...