• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

pdf invoices for admin only

GemRock

I've got this great contrib working 99%, looks really good. However, I seem to be getting the following for the totals:

Sub-Total: <span

class=currency_symbol>£</span>1,307.00<span

class=currency_symbol></span>

Flat Rate (Best Way): <span

class=currency_symbol>£</span>5.00<span

VAT 17.5%: <span

class=currency_symbol>£</span>21.00<span

Total: <span

class=currency_symbol>£</span>1,312.00<span

Would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting the following error when I try to generate the PDF

FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Dave

in admin/includes/classes/fpdf.php:

find

//Send to standard output
		if(ob_get_contents())
			$this->Error('Some data has already been output, can\'t send PDF file');

add before

// clean the output buffer
ob_clean();

worked for me...

I've got this great contrib working 99%, looks really good. However, I seem to be getting the following for the totals:

not sure what you referred to: is it the html tags in the output ro something else?

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

not sure what you referred to: is it the html tags in the output ro something else?

Yes I believe so, apologies as I'm quite new to osCommerce, php and html, the invoice displays correctly but the "<span class, etc" appears also on the invoice.

I've got a fairly standard oscommerce setup apart from a few contribs so was wondering if anyone had seen this before.

Thanks

this problem has little to do with the pdf invoice. your site is not a stock osc and has been modified. there is no css class "currency_symbol" in a stock osc as far as i can remember. you should check that bit that inserts the currency_symbol into order totals.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed it and it work fine, but this generator does not support my language and it show all text in strange characters. I want to use it with cp1251 (Arial font). I need to show Bulgarian/Russian characters.

Can someone tell me hot to make it to work properly ?

I Need Money

...Can someone tell me hot to make it to work properly ?

sorry,i dont know much about the languages mentioned in your post. what i can say is it works in the 3 languages that come with the stock osCommerce.

is it printed correctly language-wise in the stock (non-pdf) invoice?

Ken

I will be updating it to make it compatible with utf-8 encoding but will need to wait until next month.

Ken

• 1 month later...

Now work fine:

replace:

$file_name = safe_filename(STORE_NAME);
$file_name .= "_invoice_" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . ".pdf";
$mode = (FORCE_PDF_INVOICE_DOWNLOAD == 'true') ? 'D' : 'I';

for

$file_name = safe_filename(STORE_NAME);
$file_name .= "_invoice_" . ($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']) . ".pdf";
$mode = (FORCE_PDF_INVOICE_DOWNLOAD == 'true') ? 'D' : 'I';

Thanks for this contribution, is wonderfool, but I have a little doup, will be possible generate a different filename for the Pdfs? Because when I generate it allways have the same name.

Thanks again !!!

• 3 weeks later...

see I am getting these error message:

Warning: getimagesize(/images/invoice_logo.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /admin/invoice_pdf.php on line 103

Warning: getimagesize(/images/invoice_logo.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /admin/includes/classes/fpdf.php on line 900

Warning: getimagesize(/images/invoice_logo.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in admin/includes/classes/fpdf.php on line 1542

FPDF error: Missing or incorrect image file: /images/invoice_logo.jpg

I am using :

Server OS: Linux 2.6.27-9-server

Database: MySQL 5.0.67-0ubuntu6

HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.9 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-2ubuntu4 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0

PHP Version: 5.2.6-2ubuntu4 (Zend: 2.2.0)

and yes I am the webmaster/owner of this server.

the error tells you quite clearly: the image (invoice_logo.jpg) file referred to in the invoice_pdf.php was not there (admin/images/).

Ken

Am getting an error telling me webpage cannot be displayed. the pdf file is in admin folder. it even points to the file.

Sorry, I guesss I need to explain my issue a little better. After installing this mod, I go to admin -> customer -> orders and pick an order. With mouse over the PDF invoice button it points to http://brs-giftshop.com/admin/invoice_pdf.php?oID=148. But when clicked it brings up another window with address in address bar with a HTTP 500 error message. Looking at code to see if I can find a reason why its doig this.

i am sorry i did not realise you posted a different question. I suggest you look at the error log to find out what exactly was causing the error. each site should have its own error log - ask the host if dont know where it is.

Ken

Did check the error log. The last entry in it was back for 12-06-2008. Since that time, no entries.

Here is another i found but no idea what in the world it means:

24.144.22.84 - - [16/Jan/2009:15:50:14 -0600] "GET /admin/invoice_pdf.php?oID=148 HTTP/1.1" 500 - "http://brs-giftshop.com/admin/orders.php?selected_box=customers&page=1&oID=148" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)"

that means your host or someone has disabled web log since last June. get that sorted then run it then check the error log it would tell you what/where is causing error.

Ken

ps what you showed is the access log that indicates the ip 24.144.22.84 (Conway Corporation, Arkansa?) access the file invoice_pdf.php. its a bit strange thou you have access log but not error log.

if you have edited the invoice_pdf.php, try to use the un-editted copy, ie, the one from the download in case there is error in the editted copy.

Edited by GemRock

I did as instructed and uploaded the files again and tried to access the PDF invoince and still same error. Due to the fact, I never browsed these logs before, I have very little knownledge of them. But I do not have sucah as 198326.php in the images folder. And the stylesheet for the admin is in admin/includes/stylesheet.css

But the text below is what I found in the error log from my cpanel:

[Sat Jan 17 10:07:39 2009] [error] [client 24.144.21.208] File does not exist: /home/brsgift/public_html/images/198326.php, referer: http://brs-giftshop.com/admin/orders.php?cID=19
[Sat Jan 17 10:07:39 2009] [error] [client 24.144.21.208] File does not exist: /home/brsgift/public_html/admin/stylesheet.css, referer: http://brs-giftshop.com/admin/orders.php?cID=19
[Sat Jan 17 10:07:34 2009] [error] [client 24.144.21.208] File does not exist: /home/brsgift/public_html/images/198326.php, referer: http://brs-giftshop.com/admin/customers.php?selected_box=customers&page=1&cID=19
[Sat Jan 17 10:07:34 2009] [error] [client 24.144.21.208] File does not exist: /home/brsgift/public_html/admin/stylesheet.css, referer: http://brs-giftshop.com/admin/customers.php?selected_box=customers&page=1&cID=19

this is it. your site seems to have a problem which has nothing to do with invoice_pdf.php. from error log, you see even the customers.php would generate the mysterious 198326.php file not found error, and why on earth it would try to look for the stylesheet.css direct under the admin folder? i think you need to sort this out before you go any further with the invoice contribution. if you dont know then it is worth to ask someone to look into it for you.

Ken

dupliacte entry due to god knows why. deleted.

Edited by GemRock

Hello.

I found the solution for unicode, but I can't display greek characters anyway, because of the font. In the fpdf.org page it has some instructions and even this page http://fpdf.fruit-lab.de that can produce the font files. The problem is that the files produced are *.php *.afm *.ta1 *.z a bit in the font directory there are only .php files of the existing fonts. I want to use Windows-1253 encoding, what am I supposed to do exactly?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...