How do I make boxes transparent?

bushman

I need transparent boxes.

When I change the code line:

background: #FF8E90;

to

background: none;

the box turns black.

How do I set boxes to have no background at all?

my nick is bushman...as in herbal tea remedy.

I will try that.

thanks also someone else suggested that I simply remove the background line altogether.

I will try both and see which one works.

I will try that.

thanks also someone else suggested that I simply remove the background line altogether.

I will try both and see which one works.

Hi

yes both will work just with the background: transparent; you can see it if you later need to change it.

and if you just remove it but later need to use it you my need to go and find the code again?

Hi

yes both will work just with the background: transparent; you can see it if you later need to change it.

and if you just remove it but later need to use it you my need to go and find the code again?

I switched my template from BDP to modern-template-rc2. This way I could just say...

This worked perfectly. At least as far as transparency is concerned.

I'm now trying to figure out how to set the width and or margins of the front page central column. I'm only talking about the text, not the fixed width of the page itself.

Does anyone know where in the css the middle section of text is widened or narrowed? I have an opaque background behind my text which tends to spill over it boundaries. I guess the solution would be to change the opaque background but I'd rather do it via css.

Edited by bushman

I switched my template from BDP to modern-template-rc2. This way I could just say...

This worked perfectly. At least as far as transparency is concerned.

I'm now trying to figure out how to set the width and or margins of the front page central column. I'm only talking about the text, not the fixed width of the page itself.

Does anyone know where in the css the middle section of text is widened or narrowed? I have an opaque background behind my text which tends to spill over it boundaries. I guess the solution would be to change the opaque background but I'd rather do it via css.

if you post your stylesheet.css and a url we can help you more?

also have a look at TopStyle Lite (is a freely-distributable)

http://www.newsgator.com/Individuals/topstyle/default.aspx

Edited by West One Hosting

if you post your stylesheet.css and a url we can help you more?

also have a look at TopStyle Lite (is a freely-distributable)

http://www.newsgator.com/Individuals/topstyle/default.aspx

I actually fixed that problem by adding a padding parameter to TD.pageHeading, DIV.pageHeading and TD.main, P.main. Now I can make the margins stay within the limits of my transparent image.

TD.pageHeading, DIV.pageHeading {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 20px;
 font-weight: bold;
 color: #000000;
 padding:10 15 15 15;

Thanks for offering to help. This is such a great community. Not like other shopping cart forums which shall remain nameless.