• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing top graphic + adding text

ptholt

I would like to change the store heading graphic, to be taller but only 50% of the current width (770px) but then i also want to have text on the right hand side, some intro text ideally.

I would also like the above image and text to change based on what category or information page is viewed and i also want it to work with the already integrated fck editor...

So in a nutshell, i guess i need two cells in the page header, one to contain the image on the left, text on the right.

The admin ability to control this text via fck..

anyone point me in the right direction please?

right now you have a laundry list of things that you want people to tell you how to do. That usually ISNT the best way to get help around here. The help is free, buts its HELP, not custom coding to your needs.

You also SHOULD be putting a LOT more information than just I WANT THIS AND THAT.. A link to your site, for one, is the best way to start. Then maybe the code for the section that you want to alter. That means making ONE post for each issue..

As for making your header taller, it depends how you have it set up (as a background or just an image banner) You can simply just change the size in a photo shop type program if it is just an image and you dont have a set size for that table/

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

right now you have a laundry list of things that you want people to tell you how to do. That usually ISNT the best way to get help around here. The help is free, buts its HELP, not custom coding to your needs.

You also SHOULD be putting a LOT more information than just I WANT THIS AND THAT.. A link to your site, for one, is the best way to start. Then maybe the code for the section that you want to alter. That means making ONE post for each issue..

As for making your header taller, it depends how you have it set up (as a background or just an image banner) You can simply just change the size in a photo shop type program if it is just an image and you dont have a set size for that table/

wow here was under the impression after four years this was a nice warm friendly place....

I don't recall asking for custom code, i thought it said "point me in the right direction" perhaps hinting i was looking for some guidance from someone who had perhaps done something similar rather than a caps outburst shouting i want this and that.

could i recommend using the back button before you launch into a tirade of false accusations and ranting? I would hate your impending blood pressure problems to be at my expense from a misguided post thinking this was a forum where people traded ideas and suggestions of assistance, or at least thats what i thought we used to do, has it changed?

Archived