• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help with STS placeholders

joeydonuts

I feel pretty confident that the solution to integrating the placeholders in STS with my template design should be fairly simple but I don't know which direction to head now. I have my template design (sliced and uploaded), STS 4.5.8 installed, OSCommerce 2.2-MS2 installed, PHP 5.2.2, and all I need to do is integrate the placeholders into the design so my store and its content will show up. Here is my template already being displayed in OSCommerce STS:

http://collegiatehoodshields.com/catalog/

chs.png

As you can see the blank text area is where I would like the placeholders to display content. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Joey Donuts

Not trying to sound mean or saracastic, but it helps if you fully read the STS manual as it explains everything in there.

After taking a look at your site, I can tell you have not uploaded your template files properly.

Are you using Dreamweaver or Photoshop to create your template? In order to add the place tag holders get them from the manual and place them where you want them.

Powered By osC 2.2RC2a STS 4.5.8 - HTC 2.6.3 - FP 1.5.9 - BCH 1.0.0

No I appreciate you atleast trying to take the time to help me out. I am using both Photoshop CS3 Extended & Dreamweaver CS3. I downloaded the template as a base design from TemplateMonster.com and then edited it to my liking. I realize I probably messed up the template files because it was already compiled with a copy of OSCommerce when I downloaded it from TemplateMonster.com. I am pretty fluent in HTML and PHP but CSS is a whole new ball game. I have sliced the template I just cannot figure out the placeholders. I have tried aimlessly to fix it through many different means without any luck. I have a feeling I need to find the stylesheet inside the distribution of OSCommerce that came with the template and attach it to template's html file. Let me catch you up to speed with briefly with what I have done:

First I edited in the PSD supplied with the template and OSCommerce distribution by changing it to my liking. I then sliced the template with Photoshop's now integrated slicing, formerly known as ImageReady. After slicing I then exported the template as an HTML file and the images in a folder named "images".

Secondly I installed a fresh install of OSCommerce 2.2 MS2 and the STS 4.5.8 Contribution.

I have read the STS manual numerous time but I am just clueless. I just need some guidance and I'm sure it will all click. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Joey Donuts