• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking for some feedback

nm..it just didnt load.

yeah i hear you on the contribution.. literally had 10 hours of coding and trial and error to get the last one worked out .. just so that my bands could have wholesale accounts and be able to order thier shirts without having to call me and place orders over the phone.. but its nice now that its done though :)

can i have a link to your store so i can check out he picture thing ?

thanks!

i fixed the footer.. like it better?

i changed the spacing a little and made the paypal logo colored and such. Looks neater

The last contribution i added was the B2B contrib that allows groups for seperate pricing .. it took me literally 10 hours straight to straighten out the site after installing it. Installing contribs when you use a template is not a fun thing.

I havent really had any issues/complaints about small images or anything .. usually just complements on how good the pictures look. when i feel like putting some time into a contrib again i probably will try out a picture contrib.

but for now its fine.. I can always put the shirt design in the description if need be too.. thats easy enough

I feel like I'm nitpicking, but yes and no. The color is better, but it looks like you sacrificed image quality.

Your customers may know the bands better and therefore are probably know the general look of the logos to begin with.

my site is

furry family

it is a work in progress, and there are only a few products, but if you look in the new products, you can just click on one of those.. anything but the gif cards

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

i fixed the featured products dropping down when there was a sub category... it was in the index.. just a cell padding number i had to change

very good..i like that idea

now i think that you should either make your thumbnails a little bigger, or increase the quality, because you can not tell what the design looks like until you open the bigger image

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

thats kind of a good thing though.... it gets the customer to product page .. which is where the buy it now button is :)

i'll see what i can do about the images.. maybe a mouse over zoom.....

actually, that was the other thing. Having a price and buy now button on those product listing pages is really a GOOD idea. You want the customer to have as little clicks as possible to buy something. The more clicks, the more time they take on your site, the more likely the are to THINK about their purchases and what they are spending, and the less time the spend browsing, the more time they spend waiting for diffedrent pages to load

i think there are contrubutions, i would just search there first.

been looking .. cant find anything .. tried some code i found via trial and error.. but no luck.. posted in the general support.. hopefully someone will help

really you COULD just copy the code for the button on the product listing and paste it in the appropriate place on the new products listing.

here you go.. this is the buy now new producst

Well then you didnt do it right.. you need to have the WHOLE code there..

THIS is the reason why templates are bad.. you probably got those errors because your template is "wonky" to quote others.. Templates are a PAIN.

yeah..

i was able to get the details and add to cart buttons on the page.. then they were clickable.. it just didnt add the item that it represented to the cart.. i have to do some more googling and searching i guess

like i said.. just copy the info and coding from the product description page

like i said.. thats what i did... but for some reason its not inserting the product id i think and the quantity into the cart action... i'm working to find out why.. i'm guessing the action is probably echoed in the code somewhere above.. or there are many parts to the action over the whole page

i was going to say that you are probably missing some code that is elsewhere in that file

i plan on doing the same thing to my new products, if i figure it out before you i will let you know

Archived