• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Review My site

Hello,

Can someone please provide some good constructive criticism of my site? Let me know what you think. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

You can view my site at www.babyspectrum.com

Also, can someone please let me know how to upload multiple pictures per product?

Note: The site does not have many pictures at the moment as I am still trying to figure out how to post several pictures per product.

Thank you in advance.

Alex

Duplicated from http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=310342

As requested via PM:

1. Overall, nice layout and colouring

2. Bottom footer is solid green block. All other "blocks" have your nice gradient graphic. Maybe change this in includes/footer.php

3. Your main nav bar dont't seem to look right in my IE7 or FF3. There seems to be an underline in the Sales one - but not in others. Is this meant to be like this?

4. I would add rollovers to the navbars so that they change hen hovered over. This would differentiate them from the category/infobox headers.

5. Good text in terms & conditions etc. Good use of HTML to break up text (a pet peave of mine). HOwever, you've added all text for all areas onto all pages.

You only need terms and conditions on the terms and conditions page. Split it up.

6. When you select a category that has a sub category (ie: Apparel), I'd expect to see something in the main window. Maybe a category header picture or a randome selection of products from teh subcategories.

7. Images are squished (another pet peave). You're using a large image for your thumbnail, so osC squashes it into the holder. This makes your page load time slow and damages the quality of yoru image (see http://babyspectrum.com/product_info.php?products_id=35). Use a contribution that allows you to have one small thumbnail image and a larger different image for preview. My site use Lightbox to do this too.

8. Images have white backgrounds. Either drop the white for transparent, or add a border to the image box, as it doesn't seem to site right on your gradeint green background.

9. Install header tags for SEO

10. Install Ultimate SEO URLs

11. http://babyspectrum.com/index.php?cPath=22 is for Furniture. It has a resut, but no image

12. There's no direct link to advanced search. You have to fail a basic search in order to get there.

13. On your search help, I would change the default examples from Microsoft and computer related searches to searches for your own products.

14. The site seems light on images. You can add images into About Us, Shipping etc very easily. Seems very block green to me and needs something else on some of the pages.

15. Get SSL

Hope that this helps

Danny

Archived