• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically search product descriptions

jamesallwood

In advanced_search.php

find:

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'right', 'text' => tep_draw_checkbox_field('search_in_description', '1') . ' ' . TEXT_SEARCH_IN_DESCRIPTION);

replace with

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'right', 'text' => tep_draw_checkbox_field('search_in_description', '1', true) . ' ' . TEXT_SEARCH_IN_DESCRIPTION);

;)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Yet another that asks many questions, but has not the cortesy to respond to the help, ever!!!

:angry:

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

• 2 weeks later...

Huge appologies. I have been away for a while and completely forgot that I posted this is the first place. Your help has been very much appreciated, and truth be told if there wern't people like you to help us we'd all be pretty much beggered! Appologies again.

• 2 months later...
In advanced_search.php

find:

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'right', 'text' => tep_draw_checkbox_field('search_in_description', '1') . ' ' . TEXT_SEARCH_IN_DESCRIPTION);

replace with

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'right', 'text' => tep_draw_checkbox_field('search_in_description', '1', true) . ' ' . TEXT_SEARCH_IN_DESCRIPTION);

;)

hi sam

maybe u could help on this one...

i need to make that search works on more 5 descriptions i inserted into database table products.c

called

products_short_1

products_short_2

products_short_3

products_short_4

products_short_5

the problem is that the code above is for table products_description

i dunno where to change the code to make it work

tks in advance

manuel

You need to modify advanced_search_results.php

look at the code in that

Sam

Contributions:

In includes/boxes/search.php

find:

'text' => tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH) . '<br>' . BOX_SEARCH_TEXT . '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH) . '"><b>' . BOX_SEARCH_ADVANCED_SEARCH . '</b></a>');

replace with:

'text' => tep_draw_hidden_field('search_in_description',1) . tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH) . '<br>' . BOX_SEARCH_TEXT . '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH) . '"><b>' . BOX_SEARCH_ADVANCED_SEARCH . '</b></a>');

Sam

Contributions:

Thanks Sam, I just added it and it looks good. I do enjoy a good snippet! ;) Might as well delete the link to the advanced search now, since it won't get them any different results...?

Nicole

hey Sam, thanks alot! unfortuneatly I can't code but when I see it as in your example it all seems so obvious...

@Nicole: advanced search still gives the customer a few more options, if your shop doesn't need them, then you might as well delete the link...

Ragnar

Archived