• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AIM Experts, have a peek here!

Agtronic

Hey guys and gals,

Just a simple question. Is there an error log somewhere I can refer to when the following message is displayed while trying to make a CC payment on my OSC site?

There has been an error processing your credit card 

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method.

I'm trying to setup the AIM on my store, and I keep getting that message. I'd like to know where the problem is, in order to address it. Right now, I have no idea whether it's an authorization rejection, module problem, account problem etc ... Don't really know where to start.

Thanks for your time!

-- Markku

Hey Everyone,

This afternoon I ran into this error:

There has been an error processing your credit card.

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method.

I started to trace through every line of code line for line, I couldn't imagine what was causing this error to appear.

Like most programmers I came here researched the problem, found ideas but not a soild solution.

I'm using the Authorize.net AIM module bundled in with osCommerce v2.2 RC2a.

I had to modify the module a little:

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, TRUE);

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_PROXY, "http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128");

I'm on a Godaddy Server.

I came upon a script to see what I was sending and view the respone. From there I was able to determine the exact error.

I had to make a couple of other modifications to the module:

1. Added x_password => MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_CC_AIM_PASSWORD,

2 Added tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Password', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_CC_AIM_PASSWORD', '', 'The Password for the Authorize.net service', '6', '0', now())");

just under MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_CC_AIM_LOGIN_ID in the function install() section

3. In function keys() you need to add , 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_CC_AIM_PASSWORD' just after 'MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_CC_AIM_LOGIN_ID' that is if you decide to place it in the same place as I.

You have to save it.

Before uploading it to your server. Please be sure to uninstall the unmodified Aim module first. Now upload the modified one to your server and install it.

I found, I have my account set in password protected mode. In order to get a transaction through, I need to supply the password.

This may be the case for some, if not most users experening this very situation.

Best,

RookuhShay