• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

feedmachine.php Permissions Problem

altea

I run a developer customised version of feedmachine.php which has operated very successfully for many months. Unfortunately, and out-of-the-blue this has suddenly stopped working and is issuing the following error messages:

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/data01/my.domain/public_html/feeds/google_base.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/data01/my.domain:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /data02/my.domain/public_html/admin/feedmachine.php on line 578

where "my.domain" is our actual live domain. This error repeats with every statement that contains the fxx series of commands e,g, "fopen" The problem appears to be related to the following statement:

$fp = fopen($file, 'a');
 $fwrite = fwrite($fp, $output[$cur_feed_id]);
 fclose($fp);
 chmod($file, 0777);
}

On speaking with my hosting provider, they advise that the "fxx series" of commands compromises the shared hosting platform and has always been prohibited by them. There is no explanation forthcoming as to whey it has worked in the past, but then I wasn't expecting a rational response to this question from them. Their only suggestion was to use a command called "cURL" and find someone to amend the php code accordingly. The cPanel Error log is below:

[Tue Jul 29 18:10:24 2008] [error] PHP Warning:  chmod() [<a href='function.chmod'>function.chmod</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/data01/my.domain/public_html/feeds/kelkoo.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/data01/my'domain:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /data02/my.domain/public_html/admin/feedmachine.php on line 576

If this is true then I can be the only person who has encountered this problem. Is there any way of addressing this problem? This is slightly desperate problem as without feedmachine.php we have no feeds and as a result, not a lot of business!

Kind regards,

Julian Sadler

Have you looked in the forum thread for that, why did`nt you post there?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Have you looked in the forum thread for that, why did`nt you post there?

I thought this was the correct forum thread for contribution support related questions? I have searched for this topic before posting without any relevant success.

Regards

Julian

Where there is a thread, post there, get best response then

putting site:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums feedmachine.php gives me 3 places to look!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Sam

Thank you for your input.

feedmachine was the exact term I searched on. If you read the three threads in question you will find that they are not exactly relevant to my problem. However, I have appended my question to the feedmachine thread as well and I will await any other responses. Anyone reading this particular thread can reply here or follow progress at the link below:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1284692

Thanks.

Edited by altea