• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate 2.4, now with Froogle support!

wasson65

brando, do you have properties set properly on the folders?

zzfritz, what mods did you do to ep, any? make sure your spreadsheet is actually saving in text mode and you have the field formatted as a straight text file.

highgrade get rid of the parenthese after your header.jpg, put it as a comma header.jpg') should be header.jpg',

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does easy populate correctly handle products that were linked or even copied. In my case I have about 229 products, but when I look through the list from that of EP's I have about 290. It has created a double instance of every product that is linked. When I upload the file back to the database, is it going to try to create a new product (even though its only 1 product with several different linkings)???

I am using the enhanced vendors contribution along with this, and I have been stuck on trying to get the tab delimited file that EP generates to contain the correct information from the vendors tables. I would like the last field in my EP txt file to have the corresponding vendor number (Ex 1, 2, or 3.) Currently this is where I am but I receiving a SQL syntax error after the WHERE clause...

$filelayout_sql = "SELECT

p.products_id as v_products_id,

p.products_model as v_products_model,

p.products_image as v_products_image,

p.products_bimage as v_products_bimage,

p.products_price as v_products_price,

p.products_weight as v_products_weight,

p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id,

p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity,

p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id,

subc.categories_id as v_categories_id,

p.products_status as v_status,

p.products_cost as v_products_cost,

ven.vendors_id as v_vendors_id

FROM

".TABLE_PRODUCTS." as p,

".TABLE_CATEGORIES." as subc,

WHERE

p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND

ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

LEFT JOIN

".TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_VENDORS." as ptov AND

".TABLE_VENDORS." as ven

ON

p.products_id = ptov.products_id AND

ptov.vendors_id = ven.vendors_id

";

I have Linda's Secv2. I managed to get it to stop the parse error after uncommenting the items instructed to, but now it won't pick up the fields or images in admin. This is what I am getting, but nothing for the bimage or subimages. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

v_products_model;v_products_image;v_products_name_1;v_products_description_1;v_p

roducts_url_1;v_products_head_title_tag_1;v_products_head_desc_tag_1;v_products_h

ead_keywords_tag_1;v_products_price;v_products_weight;v_date_avail;v_date_added;v

_products_quantity;v_attribute_options_id_1;v_attribute_options_name_1_1;v_attrib

ute_values_id_1_1;v_attribute_values_price_1_1;v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1;v_at

tribute_values_id_1_2;v_attribute_values_price_1_2;v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1;

v_attribute_values_id_1_3;v_attribute_values_price_1_3;v_attribute_values_name_1_

3_1;v_attribute_options_id_2;v_attribute_options_name_2_1;v_attribute_values_id_2

_1;v_attribute_values_price_2_1;v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1;v_attribute_values_

id_2_2;v_attribute_values_price_2_2;v_attribute_values_name_2_2_1;v_attribute_opt

ions_id_3;v_attribute_options_name_3_1;v_attribute_values_id_3_1;v_attribute_valu

es_price_3_1;v_attribute_values_name_3_1_1;v_attribute_options_id_4;v_attribute_o

ptions_name_4_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_1;v_attribute_values_price_4_1;v_attribut

e_values_name_4_1_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_2;v_attribute_values_price_4_2;v_attr

ibute_values_name_4_2_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_3;v_attribute_values_price_4_3;v_

attribute_values_name_4_3_1;v_manufacturers_name;v_categories_name_1;v_categories

_name_2;v_categories_name_3;v_tax_class_title;v_status;EOREOR

I need to export some data from OSC to a logistics / purchasing system.

To avoid to double type all prices and information we definately need to do an automatic export from OSC on a regular basis.

Easypopulate seems like a very suitable contrib for that.

We will use EP to get products info into OSC since all vendors supply Excel price lists.

We need to modify EP so that it gives out theese fields as a tab, comma or semicolon separated list :

Description Field no. Length Comments

===========================

Identification 3 Always: XYZ

#Header

Type of information 1 Always: P - for Products

Version 2 Always: 15

#Data starts here :

Product no. 1 25 Text

Description/name 2 60 Text

Entity name 3 20 Text

Weight 4 10 Numeric

Volume 5 10 Numeric

Cost price 6 10 Numeric

Sales price 7 10 Numeric

VAT code 8 1 Numeric

Product group 9 4 Numeric

Sub Group 10 4 Numeric

Purchase price 11 4 Numeric

Supplier connection 12 25 Text

Stock 13 12 Numeric

Default warehouse 14 4 Numeric

I know some of those fields do not match the database structure of OSC, but those

fields could just be hardcoded so the output is set to a fixed value.

Summarized : Standard OSC import functionality.

Custom output with only some fields in the export. Export

format separated by tabs, commas or semicolons.

Can somebody give some hints on how to achieve this ?

Rgds

TAN

• 3 months later...

I've added two new fields to my products, and have altered EP to use those fields. when I download a TAB database from the site the fields are there, but when I fill that database with products and try to upload them using EP I get the following error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '", products_size= " ,manufacturers_id=NULL , products_status=1 

UPDATE xoops_shop_products SET products_price="1731" ,products_image="no_image.jpg", products_weight="", products_tax_class_id="1", products_date_available= "2004-07-30 13:22:04", products_date_added= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, products_last_modified=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP , products_quantity="0", catalogue_page= 4", products_size= " ,manufacturers_id=NULL , products_status=1 WHERE (products_id = "44")

[TEP STOP]

Anyone know what the problem might be? I've set the file to use only 300 products at a time and it fills in around 40 products before generating that error.

• 3 years later...

Did you get this to work

I am also looking the get easy populate to run as a cronjob

Hey all..

This might not be the place to ask, but nevertheless I'll post it:

I wondered if I could use Easy Populate to be run with a cronjob? I got the normal version working (Great Tool! :D ), but now I'm trying ot run the script directly through the url. So I call it like:

easypopulate.php?split=0&MAX_FILE_SIZE=1000000000&usrfl=/catalog/sales_db.txt

Which returns the regular Easypopulate screen, without any actions been taken? Anyone got any idea on how to do this?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem when trying to install EP 2.78

In the install notes it says to edit the file \admin\modules\filenames.php but I don't have an admin\modules folder and this is on a vanilla installation.

I have filenames.php in catalog\admin\includes and catalog\includes

Could someone please let me know which file it is I'm supposed to be updating?

thanks

Chris

Edited by c-sargent

• 1 month later...

I have installed the EP 2.74, but I can't download TXT file when I click below link,,/admin/easypopulate.php?download=stream&dltype=full:

Download EP and Froogle Files

Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Model/Category tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Froogle tab-delimited .txt file

Download Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file

Create EP and Froogle Files in Temp Dir (/catalog/temp/)

Create Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

Create Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

Create Model/Category tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

Create Froogle tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

Create Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

and there is no any error information, what's problem? who can help me? tks