• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate 2.4, now with Froogle support!

wasson65

Some more info:

The file I am uploading contains products in 5 different categories. I am starting with a clean slate when it comes to products and categories. I have emptied them out, and even set the auto increment back to 1 for those tables that have that property. I even went into admin and made sure that no products and categories exist.

Now a new problem I've discovered. In the categories file, the parent _id field is being populated and increasing in value by 1 with each successive row. In effect, this is creating subcategories, further messing things up.

:?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After you use Easy Populate, do you have two identical sets of categories? And are your products where they belong on the site?

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Nope, it seems that the tables that get hosed are categories and products_to_categories. This of course throws products in the wrong category.

Here's how I fixed things for now. I linked to my tables using an ODBC link with Access. First I cleaned up my categories table, which is no big deal since I only have 5 categories presently. Since I don't know mySQL that well yet, I used Access to create the following update query which allowed me to update the products_to_categories table so that I could update the correct category number for each product using a range of product model numbers.

Substitute your own products_model numbers if anyone wants to use this in Access, here is the code in Access' SQL format. Note: I don't know how to make this work using MySQL, I'm sure there is an expert in here who could tell me what to change so I could run it in phpmyadmin too if needed.

UPDATE (categories INNER JOIN categories_description ON categories.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id) INNER JOIN ((products INNER JOIN products_description ON products.products_id = products_description.products_id) INNER JOIN products_to_categories ON products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id) ON categories_description.categories_id = products_to_categories.categories_id SET products_to_categories.categories_id = 1

WHERE (((products.products_model)>="10000" And (products.products_model)<="15000"));

EP is saving me a ton of time thus far, because it updates the product table fine, yet I'd like to not have to run these queries each time I upload a file.

I don't want to sound as if I'm complaining, because this is probably something at my end I just haven't figured out yet.

Dan

when i try to upload parts into db i get this error..

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 511 is not allowed to access /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/temp owned by uid 504 in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/log/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

File uploaded. 

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpgbJ6TT

User filename: 350zpartz1.txt

Size: 7494

Warning: Unable to access /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/temp/350zpartz1.txt in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/log/easypopulate.php on line 649

Warning: file("/home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/temp/350zpartz1.txt") - No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/log/easypopulate.php on line 649

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/log/easypopulate.php on line 653

Upload complete

There are instructions in both the readme and in the easypopulate.php for fixing the safe mode problem.

You also need to specify where your tmp directory is located and you need to change the permissions on that directory to 777.

I'm sorry to be mean, but folks, these are questions that are asked and answered over and over in not only in this thread but in the documentation.

These are basics. If you aren't going to read documentation, don't try and install contributions.

Hi,

i installed latest version of Easy Populate V2.60 and i am having problem with Big Images

as commented in the code, as soon as i comment out the code

Line 1625-1635

// unmcomment these lines if you are running the image mods

/*

$query .=  . $v_products_mimage . '", "'

. $v_products_bimage . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage1 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage1 . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage2 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage2 . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage3 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage3 . '", "'

*/

and

Line 1661-1672

// uncomment these lines if you are running the image mods

/*

$query .=

'" ,products_mimage="'.$v_products_mimage.

'" ,products_bimage="'.$v_products_bimage.

'" ,products_subimage1="'.$v_products_subimage1.

'" ,products_bsubimage1="'.$v_products_bsubimage1.

'" ,products_subimage2="'.$v_products_subimage2.

'" ,products_bsubimage2="'.$v_products_bsubimage2.

'" ,products_subimage3="'.$v_products_subimage3.

'" ,products_bsubimage3="'.$v_products_bsubimage3;

*/

it stops working, when i click on admin-->catalog-->Easy populate it gives me blank page, and since my admin is on SSL i cant even see the log( i dont have access to SSL logs)

can someone help please??

thanks in advance

Hats

loxly.. i have it working on one site, but when i copied everythign over and renamed everythign for the new site i get that message. everything on both sites are setup the same way. not sure why it doesnt work now.

loxly.. i have it working on one site, but when i copied everythign over and renamed everythign for the new site i get that message. everything on both sites are setup the same way. not sure why it doesnt work now.

Well, both those errors are from your setting in the easypopulate.php and the permissions or location of the temp directory.

Open easypopulate.php and re-read the config section.

Re-check the temp dir permission setting.

you know ive checked everything. temp directory is set to 777 and ive re-read the config file, everything and still no luck. now im getting

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 511 is not allowed to access /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html owned by uid 504 in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/log/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

File uploaded. 

Temporary filename: /tmp/php0tseMl

User filename: 350zpartz1.txt

Size: 7494

Warning: Unable to access /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/tmp/350zpartz1.txt in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/log/easypopulate.php on line 710

Warning: file("/home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/tmp/350zpartz1.txt") - No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/log/easypopulate.php on line 710

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/log/easypopulate.php on line 728

Hello,

can anyone post/email working copy with mo-pics and small-big images??

i tried to do whatever is said in the instruction and in this thread but the it doesnt download extra image fields

i need it badly as i only have to upload products and go live

thanks

hats

[email protected]

Hey all..

I asked this question again, and concerning the fact that I'm completely stuck on this, I'll ask it again

I wondered if I could use Easy Populate to be run with a cronjob? I got the normal version working (Great Tool! ), but now I'm trying ot run the script directly through the url. So I call it like:

easypopulate.php?split=0&MAX_FILE_SIZE=1000000000&usrfl=/catalog/sales_db.txt

Which returns the regular Easypopulate screen, without any actions been taken? :?

Anyone got any idea on how to do this?

If this 'direct' approach could be realised, I would be able to call directly to that file, thus using it in a cronjob!

Thanx in advance!

Hi All,

This is the problem I get. I have looked through some of the earlier posts.

I have modified the easypopulate_functions.php and commented out the function tep_get_tax_class_title($tax_class_id) which fixed one error.

I can use the interface to download my products to a file fine. When I run a test to do an upload I get the error below.

When I see a previous similar post it refers to a CHMOD 777 on the Temp directory to fix it. I have gone back and done a CHMOD on this and still get a error - Maybe something not going right with my FTP software.

I use a Mac with Fetch 3.3 FTP to chmod the catalog/temp folder

I have the temp folder in catalog/temp

Any other suggestions to try?

Easy Populate 2.60 - Default Language : English(1) 

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/httpd/vhlinks/www.harvey-interactive.com/catalog/temp/EP2003May30-1111.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/harvey-interactive/public_html/harveycom/shopsite/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/php8RMo7u' to '/home/httpd/vhlinks/www.harvey-interactive.com/catalog/temp/EP2003May30-1111.txt' in /home/harvey-interactive/public_html/harveycom/shopsite/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded. 

Temporary filename: /tmp/php8RMo7u

User filename: EP2003May30-1111.txt

Size: 18186

Warning: file(/home/httpd/vhlinks/www.harvey-interactive.com/catalog/temp/EP2003May30-1111.txt) [function.file]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/harvey-interactive/public_html/harveycom/shopsite/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 710

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/harvey-interactive/public_html/harveycom/shopsite/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 728

• 4 weeks later...

Im getting this error when I click the link from my admin catalog screen:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_tax_class_title() (previously declared in /home/nunya/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1099) in /home/nunya/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 34

What could I not have set right, I followed all the instructions correctly.

Hi,

i installed latest version of Easy Populate V2.60 and i am having problem with Big Images

as commented in the code, as soon as i comment out the code

Line 1625-1635

// unmcomment these lines if you are running the image mods

/*

$query .=  . $v_products_mimage . '", "'

*/

I was having similar problems so I started down the path of seeing what looked "wrong". Note the format of the code *after* that (which works until one uncomments this section).

/*

$query .=               . $v_products_mimage . '", "'

*/

$query .="              '$v_products_model',

'$v_products_price',

'$v_db_status',

CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,

$v_date_added,

$v_date_avail,

'$v_tax_class_id',

'$v_products_weight',

'$v_products_quantity',

'$v_manufacturer_id')

";

As you can see the format in this section differs greatly from the commented code to the uncommented code. Since the uncommented code works I made the following change:

ods

$query .=               "'$v_products_mimage', 

'$v_products_bimage',";

//                              . $v_products_subimage1 . '", "'

//                              . $v_products_bsubimage1 . '", "'

//                              . $v_products_subimage2 . '", "'

//                              . $v_products_bsubimage2 . '", "'

//                              . $v_products_subimage3 . '", "'

//                              . $v_products_bsubimage3 . '", "'

and although this stopped it from crashing and allowed it to do the insert/updates, it didn't put the images in.

That leaves this:

/*

$query .=

'" ,products_bimage="'.$v_products_bimage.

'" ,products_subimage1="'.$v_products_subimage1.

*/

to be uncommented. Again, the goal was to only uncomment what I needed...

$query .=

'" ,products_bimage="'.$v_products_bimage;

/*              '" ,products_subimage1="'.$v_products_subimage1.

*/

and now the images were updated appropriatly.

I would suggest a "bug fix" in the next release to correct the bad code in the first set of changes that had to be made, and even commented directions on how one should manage the image issues (if you have one and not both image packages active).

Have a great day. :)

Everything got messedup, when I imported a Easy populate file.

Nothing got o the right place. I think the cause it dident create the top directory

Shuld be like this

Xbox

- Modchip

- Predodded systems

- Accesories

- Install servise

but insted it imported it like this

- Modchip

- Predodded systems

- Accesories

- Install servise

it resaulted in that nothing got in the right place.

the file

www.consolehackers.com/temp/EP2003Jun22-1301.txt

url to my store: www.consolehackers.com

One another thing that might have caused the problem is that, I dl the file from 2.2 and trying to uppload to tep_snapshot-20030626

Uppload procces

Filename: EP2003Jun22-1301.doc

| t-pogo.gif | Pogopin ad | Unti | | Pogopin ad | Unti | | 256 | 0.20 | | 2003-06-21 | 0 | | Xbox | Modchip | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| xbox80x80. | Installati | Unti | | Installati | Unti | | 1040 | 5.00 | | 2003-06-22 | 0 | | Xbox | Install se | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| xbox80x80. | Xbox med X | Unti | | Xbox with | Unti | | 2560 | 5.00 | | 2003-06-17 | 0 | | Xbox | Premodded | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| Array | Xbom med X | Unti | | Xbox with | Unti | | 2800 | 0.00 | | 2003-06-19 | 0 | | Xbox | Premodded | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| xbox-av_sv | Xbox Offic | Med denna | | Xbox Offic | This Xbox | | 400 | 0.40 | | 2003-06-19 | 0 | | Xbox | accessorie | Cables & A | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| xbox-high_ | Xbox Offic | Komponentv | | Xbox Offic | High defin | | 400 | 0.45 | | 2003-06-19 | 0 | | Xbox | accessorie | Cables & A | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| xbox_smart | Smartjoy-X | Kopla din | | Smartjoy-X | hok up you | | 120 | 0.06 | | 2003-06-19 | 0 | | Xbox | accessorie | Cables & A | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| xbox-usb_c | USB Adapte | Koppla in | | USB Adapte | Hook up an | | 200 | 0.06 | | 2003-06-19 | 0 | | Xbox | accessorie | Cables & A | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| xbox-dream | Dreambox C | Unti | | Dreambox C | Unti | | 256 | 0.16 | | 2003-06-20 | 0 | | Xbox | accessorie | Cables & A | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| xbox-bio-g | Ljuspistol | Unti | | Bio-X Ligh | Unti | | 340 | 0.45 | | 2003-06-20 | 0 | | Xbox | accessorie | Controller | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| multi-purp | Multi Purp | Unti | | Multi Purp | Unti | | 720 | 0.60 | | 2003-06-20 | 0 | | Xbox | accessorie | Cables & A | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| xecuter-21 | Xecutor 2. | Unti | | Xecutor 2. | Unti | | 600 | 0.20 | | 2003-06-20 | 0 | | Xbox | Modchip | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| xecuter-pr | Xecutor 2. | Unti | | Xecutor 2. | Unti | | 760 | 0.20 | | 2003-06-20 | 0 | | Xbox | Modchip | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| matrix1_tu | Matrix (l? | Unti | | Matrix No | Unti | | 624 | 0.20 | | 2003-06-20 | 0 | | Xbox | Modchip | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| chameleon_ | CHAMELEON | Unti | | CHAMELEON | Unti | | 600 | 0.20 | | 2003-06-20 | 0 | | Xbox | Modchip | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| xbox80x80. | Installati | Unti | | Instalatio | Unti | | 800 | 5.00 | | 2003-06-22 | 0 | | Xbox | Install se | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active | !New Product!

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Hoe do I fix this?

// Fredrik

• 3 months later...

Hi all, what a wonderful community around this contribution! I am looking for instructions on how to add new fields to Easy Populate 2.62. I see that back on page 7 of this thread, someone put a link to some instructions, but the link just takes me back to the beginning of this thread. Perhaps it got messed up when the forums were updated?

I also found this thread, but the same changes to my easypopulate.php file don't work -- I can see the new fields in my .txt file, but the values for those fields won't download or update in the database. I'm running 2.2 MS2. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks!

• 4 months later...

Guess I'm supposed to post in this thread rather than seperately? I'm having problems with mangled HTML, and this happens even when I turn $replace_quotes; off. I think EasyPopulate is great and I'm itching to use it, but I can't get past this problem and I've run out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mibble, where should I post, if this the wrong thread?

I'm getting desperate now -- I installed EP on another clean OSC install, and I am having the same problem. I can't turn the character conversion off.

Here's what I have, again. I am really stuck now. Has nobody else ever encountered this problem?

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****

// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off

// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters

// set to 0 = no quote replacement

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = 0;

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have some problem which many of users have already haved.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(home/www/htdocs/vielfrass24.de/temp/base.csv) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/htdocs/vielfrass24.de/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/home/www/htdocs/vielfrass24.de/tmp/phpGw3ULc' to 'home/www/htdocs/vielfrass24.de/temp/base.csv' in /home/www/htdocs/vielfrass24.de/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /home/www/htdocs/vielfrass24.de/tmp/phpGw3ULc

User filename: base.csv

Size: 2131

Warning: file() [function.file]: Unable to access home/www/htdocs/vielfrass24.de/temp/base.csv in /home/www/htdocs/vielfrass24.de/admin/easypopulate.php on line 651

Warning: file(home/www/htdocs/vielfrass24.de/temp/base.csv) [function.file]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/htdocs/vielfrass24.de/admin/easypopulate.php on line 651

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/htdocs/vielfrass24.de/admin/easypopulate.php on line 674

I have searched in the forum to find my problem. I could only find, that I should check that path is to folder "temp" right and that I must chmod the folder temp 777. I have already done this.

Unfortunatly it didn't help me. I get this error again and again. Can someone help me?

thankx in advance!

Mibble, where should I post, if this the wrong thread?

I'm getting desperate now -- I installed EP on another clean OSC install, and I am having the same problem. I can't turn the character conversion off.

Here's what I have, again. I am really stuck now. Has nobody else ever encountered this problem?

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****

// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off

// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters

// set to 0 = no quote replacement

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = 0;

I have this same problem with qoutes my links to images are messed up when I upload.

If the link in the database is "/mall/catalog/picture.jpg" after uploading it the properties for the picture shows its trying to find the picture at

/mall/catalog/"/mall/catalog/picture.jpg"

I cant figure out how to turn it off, or on, really not sure what I need to do, its an awesome contrib by the way, it saves me tons of time every day. I just delete the product description before uploading so it doesnt mess up the sites database.

Oh! one other problem, I cant figure out the date formats. I get some products with the right date but they still show "upcoming products" even after the date it says. Also under the product_info page (when looking at the item) at the bottom it says.

"This product will be in stock on ."

in red at the bottom of the description.. I changed my format in excel to YYYY/MM/DD like the documentation said, the date on the site changes but it seems they are stuck as "upcoming products" but are in the catalog also, very weird.

Thanks for any help

Hello,

I am currently having a problem with Easy Populate 2.72

Whenever I try to download a complete (tab-delimited) txt file of my products, it comes up with a server error like this:

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:

Premature end of script headers: easypopulate.php

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500

www.(domain).com

Thu 25 Mar 2004 07:19:54 AM EET

Apache/2.0.48 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_perl/1.99_12 Perl/v5.8.3 mod_ssl/2.0.48 OpenSSL/0.9.7c mod_auth_pgsql/2.0.1

I can upload files fine though...what would be causing this top happen?

Thanks,

Brandon

One puzzling obstacle in an otherwise excellent test of uploading, maybe someone recognizes what I have not --

Although the first column of the uploaded spreadsheet has unique values of mixed text and numerics as products_model, EP is loading them with a leading comma-space (", "). Example: "WN00001" becomes ", WN00001"

I studied the code but cannot find how, why or where this is being done. The text file is correctly tab-delimited, and all other fields are being properly handled. Only the model number (really should be called SKU) is being altered.

Anybody have a clue?

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to upload the new .txt file with product info I get the error:

DCSAHS6606 | sm_dcs_421 | dcs_421_st | DC Sports | The DC Spo | | 379.99 | 8 | | | 0 | DC Sports | Search By | Acura | Integra | 94-01 | Taxable Go | Active | 341.25 !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near ''DCSAHS6606', '379.99', '341.25', '1', CURRENT_T' at line 17

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_bimage, products_model, products_price, products_cost, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( 'sm_dcs_421_stainless_header.jpg', 'dcs_421_stainless_header.jpg') 'DCSAHS6606', '379.99', '341.25', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '1', '8', '0', '23')

[TEP STOP]

Any help on that?