• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate 2.4, now with Froogle support!

wasson65

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ver. 2.53 has a pretty annoying bug... there is a section around mimage that SHOULD be commented like the rest but isnt. I believe it is the last set. it has the directions to uncomment if youre using the image mod but no comments to uncomment :)

EP is putting #'s in all my item descriptions. How can I get rid of these?

EP is likely trying to be smart about replacing the text you put in with HTML entity type things.

Look in easypopulate.php for a configuration variable called $replace_quotes and turn it off.

Then try the download again, it should fix your problem.

Tim

Tim! You are my hero!!! I have a bunch of REALLY BIG FILES i need to import and didn't want to split them, will this work???

Pm or email me when you get a sec, I have some questions for you. [email protected] and I still need a banner :) (even a little one)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Still get this error with the new version unless I comment out the function in ep_functions

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_tax_class_title() (previously declared in /home/excessl/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1111) in /home/excessl/public_html/shop/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 34

Tim, you probably need to add a line to the docs about this. I would comment it out and tell folks to uncomment it for older versions?

Tim! You are my hero!!! I have a bunch of REALLY BIG FILES i need to import and didn't want to split them, will this work???

Pm or email me when you get a sec, I have some questions for you. [email protected] and I still need a banner :) (even a little one)

Well, don't saint me yet... If the problem was uploading the file and your browser connection timing out, then this might help. If the problem was that the file is so huge that the php script hits the timeout set in php.ini, then it's not so much of a help.

Thanks for taking care of people while I've been away. I'll send an email right now...

Tim

Tim,

On line 1758 of easypopulate.php the code for Linda's header tag causes the information to reset the tag.

It reads

products_head_keywords_tag = '" . $v_products_keywords_tag[$key] ."'

but it should be

products_head_keywords_tag = '" . $v_products_head_keywords_tag[$key] ."'

Thanks

Terral

Hi Guys

I used teh easy populate before 2.6 and it worked fine

however after i upgraded to teh enw version

i got teh following error

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/compusel/public_html/catalog/temp/EP2003May06-2008.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/compusel/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpTLpiD5' to '/home/compusel/public_html/catalog/temp/EP2003May06-2008.txt' in /home/compusel/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpTLpiD5

User filename: EP2003May06-2008.txt

Size: 27925

Warning: file(/home/compusel/public_html/catalog/temp/EP2003May06-2008.txt) [function.file]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/compusel/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 710

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/compusel/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 728

my temp file is in the main directory since the store is in the main directory and i chanegd that in easypopulate.php

how can to fix thsi problem ?

thanks

i.O

Well, don't saint me yet... If the problem was uploading the file and your browser connection timing out, then this might help. If the problem was that the file is so huge that the php script hits the timeout set in php.ini, then it's not so much of a help.

Thanks for taking care of people while I've been away. I'll send an email right now...

Tim

Out of 40,000 products, it uplaoded 6200 before it quit and it looks like it hit an apostrophe instead of a time out :)

thank you loxly ,

i did fix it :oops: it was a problem with the correct easy populate file

thanks for your help

i really appreciate it

I have a small problem

I just installed eassy populate, downlaoded a file to change prices. However when i try to upload the file back it brings the followiung error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_copy_uploaded_file() in /homepages/37/d71334475/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 700

It looks like you don't have the easypopulate_functions.php file in your admin. It is in the files you downloaded. That is where the function is defined. Just copy it into the same directory as the easypopulate.php file.

Hope this helps

Terral

Hi Guys

I have a question about a tool to be used with easy populate .,

if yhou run a store and you upload your product description and prces ...etc with easy populate , however from time to time your vendors update your costs or cancel an item or add new item ...etc , what is the tool to be used to compare the previous uploaded file by easy populate "provied you are keeping it " with teh new one so you can only update the items that has changed ,

thanks for your help in advance?

I.O

Hey all..

This might not be the place to ask, but nevertheless I'll post it:

I wondered if I could use Easy Populate to be run with a cronjob? I got the normal version working (Great Tool! :D ), but now I'm trying ot run the script directly through the url. So I call it like:

easypopulate.php?split=0&MAX_FILE_SIZE=1000000000&usrfl=/catalog/sales_db.txt

Which returns the regular Easypopulate screen, without any actions been taken? Anyone got any idea on how to do this?

Hi Guys

I have a question about a tool to be used with easy populate .,

if yhou run a store and you upload your product description and prces ...etc with easy populate , however from time to time your vendors update your costs or cancel an item or add new item ...etc , what is the tool to be used to compare the previous uploaded file by easy populate "provied you are keeping it " with teh new one so you can only update the items that has changed ,

thanks for your help in advance?

I.O

Check out some of the other download types that EP has: There's one that's just the products_model, quantity, and price. If you can put your supplier info in this format, then upload, it will update all the prices.

As far as knowing which are not used anymore, that's a tougher nut to crack...

Tim

Tim!

I was just going to email you :)

Can the price and model number download be modified to add some other prices? Like quantity prices? I'll do it if you tell me how :)

I also need to be able to grab the product number assigned by osc and add a model number to it so the store owner can start using ep. You can email me with details of how I can script these two scenarios and I'll send them to you when done.

Thanks!

Hi,

I cleaned my product related, order related tables as mentioned by Daemonj in this post.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...der=asc&start=0

I then set the auto-increment feature back to 1 for those tables that required it. Then I attempted to import my products using EP and am having difficulty with the products_to_categories table not listing the correct category ID tied to the product ID.

Not sure where my problem lies. I double checked the file I uploaded and seems fine.

Thanks for the help!!

Steve

Hi,

I'm wondering how to fix this. EP uploads my products except for one problem. Upon inspection of my tables I find that the products_to_categories table is populated with category id numbers that are new.

The readme file states the following:

Checks to see if the category(ies) given exist in the database.  If they do, it puts the product in to that category/subcategory.  If they do not exist, it creates the category/subcategories as needed, and then puts the product into that category/subcategory.

My categories do exist already in the category table so I am confused what is going on here.

For example, my products_to_categories table looks like this

product id category id

1 10

2 10

I don't have ten categories in my category id file. I only have 5. Where is 10 coming from? I've tested this with an empty category file, and it does the same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks much!!

Steve

Hi Deborah!

I'm not sure what you mean by double categories, but I have 5 main categories and they are all different. No subcategories.

for example, category id =1

category name = category a

category id = 2

category name = category b

and so forth...

Thanks for the help. I'm still testing.