• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate 2.4, now with Froogle support!

wasson65

i have a question,

is there a contribution over there that allow you to add Product Image by cut /copy and paste ? if it works with easypopulate that woudl be fantastic :D

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what you mean? I ftp my images up, then load the products with the image names with easy populate. An easy way to get a list of image names is after you load them via ftp, my version of WS_FTP lets me do a IDR INFO which creates a text list of the files in the directory, which I then ope in excel.

Most of my products and image names are the same. to make it easy to enter lots at once.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

what i ment is after you easypopulate the products i would like to assign the image to its product through cut and paste instead of the regular option of browse to attach the image , the reason for that

in computer business the main identifier for the product is the model name and in 99% of the cases the picture supplied by the manufacture is not the same as the product model .

debra ,

i think i will try your method for uploading the pictures however i have a question about that :-

when you upload teh picture using the ftp do you create a subdirectory based on teh manufature first or you just uplaod teh pcitures and then adjust that after you uplaod teh prodcuts ?

thanks

ive installed P&G Shipping Module Version 0.1 12/03/2002 and i want to have a new column in my text file for the 'products_cost decimal(15,2);' feild in the sql database for my moduel. what would i have to edit in easy populate so i can have this field when i update?

also for my products i want to be able to have longer prouct description.

http://www.qeiracing.com/default.php

thats my site and i need to know how to put my store in the title bar.

debra ,

when you upload teh picture using the ftp do you create a subdirectory based on teh manufature first or you just uplaod teh pcitures and then adjust that after you  uplaod teh prodcuts ?

thanks

Under images I have categories that make sense for me. I have some under the manufacturers name and some under other names, but yes, I have them all in subcategories - something I didn't do at first and quickly changed!

Hi,

I'm currently working on a osCommerce shop with all products and categories being managed offline (not in the shop admin). This is beginning to work just fine.

The only thing I need now is to get EasyPopulate to support category_images. Is there a easy way to do this, like:

.... v_categories_name_1, v_categories_image_1, v_categories_name_2, v_categories_image_2, v_categories_name_3.... and so forth.

My hope is to serve EasyPopolate with a .txt containing all my products, descriptions, categories+images once a day... :)

Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Jonas Daugaard

I have both pic mods installed, and I uncommented all the image areas, but when I download the spreadsheet, the columns for the extra pics and mo pics are not there?? Any ideas??

, but yes, I have them all in subcategories

Loxly, on the spreadsheet for the above do you just put /subfolder/imagename I tried this and nothing happened??

Any help appreciated im a bit stumped :roll:

Hi,

I'm currently working on a osCommerce shop with all products and categories being managed offline (not in the shop admin). This is beginning to work just fine.

The only thing I need now is to get EasyPopulate to support category_images. Is there a easy way to do this, like:

.... v_categories_name_1, v_categories_image_1, v_categories_name_2, v_categories_image_2, v_categories_name_3.... and so forth.

My hope is to serve EasyPopolate with a .txt containing all my products, descriptions, categories+images once a day... :)

Easy Populate is just for products, I don't think the author plans to expand it to add other information too. The category images are in another table, so it is possible to add the fields but would be a bit complicated.

Conceivably it should be possible to use something like EP to enter all your data into the database, but this script isn't that comprehensive :)

, but yes, I have them all in subcategories

Loxly, on the spreadsheet for the above do you just put /subfolder/imagename I tried this and nothing happened??

Any help appreciated im a bit stumped :roll:

I don't think you need the first / try removing it.

can anyone help with my post from earlier:

ive installed P&G Shipping Module Version 0.1 12/03/2002 and i want to have a new column in my text file for the 'products_cost decimal(15,2);' feild in the sql database for my moduel. what would i have to edit in easy populate so i can have this field when i update?

also for my products i want to be able to have longer prouct description.

http://www.qeiracing.com/default.php

thats my site and i need to know how to put my store in the title bar.

Hi,

Easy Populate is just for products, I don't think the author plans to expand it to add other information too. The category images are in another table, so it is possible to add the fields but would be a bit complicated.

Conceivably it should be possible to use something like EP to enter all your data into the database, but this script isn't that comprehensive :)

Yes, but EasyPopulate have the ability to add a new product to a category specified in the EPimport.txt? If I add the colums described above, I think I might be able to update the category-image as well.. . ? If someone already made this hack, I would love to hear about it :)

Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Jonas Daugaard

If someone has it would be great if they would post it here. I can't look at this until this weekend, I have a bunch of other priorities today and tomorrow, sorry!

If you look through this thread there are instructions somewhere in here to add additional fields to the script and your database, somewhere around page 9-10 I think.

hi im using like you esay populate and hope to have the same categorie image hack !

that could be the ultimate thing to do with this cool contribution!

for now i added all my product so taht is has added all the categories and then with php my admin i feed the database with the categories pictures location ...

maybe there could be aonother contrib like easy populate but for the categories !

MS2

no, this is the only contribution that adds stuff automatically to the database. Feel fre to write one for categories and attributes and ...... :)

can anyone help on how to add another field in ep?

im using P&G Shipping Module and they have products_cost in the database and i want to be able to upload the cost of each product with ep. can anyone help?

If you look through this thread there are instructions somewhere in here to add additional fields to the script and your database, somewhere around page 9-10 I think.

Just fantastic module.

Had been looking for some base code, to make a mod/hack that can export out orders for accounting, and also export out a pricelist for an online priceindex much like Froogle, but not altogether the same.

This is perfect for make al kind of exports. Just have to define some filelayouts it seems. Rock'n'roll :-)

Most kind regards from a dane

I'm using Ian's loaded 5 and can't get the images to work. I've tried uncommenting where it says to

// unmcomment these lines if you are running the image mods

$query .=  . $v_products_mimage . '", "'

. $v_products_bimage . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage1 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage1 . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage2 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage2 . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage3 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage3 . '", "'

I've tried removing the first "." and I still get the same parse error

Parse error: parse error in /home/virtual/site118/fst/var/www/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1533
I'm not using the MO pics part of Ians loaded 5, but I am using the mimage and bimage.

Any suggestions?

Thurman;

Just a shot in the dark...

Did you try uncommenting ONLY the picture mods that you are using and leaving the others commented?

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Hi all!

I have installed this mod on the above mentioned version of OSC and can get to the upload/download page just fine, however if I click on any of the links or buttons I am taken back to the login page for the admin section. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

The GraphicZoo

check profile for web address

I have it working with Ian's Loaded 5. I am only using mimage and bimage mods. The others should work with similar changes. Here is what I did to get it to work. If you notice any errors let me and everyone else know.

around line 850 I changed

function ep_create_filelayout($dltype){

global $filelayout, $filelayout_count, $filelayout_sql, $langcode, $fileheaders;

// depending on the type of the download the user wanted, create a file layout for it.

$fieldmap = array(); // default to no mapping to change internal field names to external.

switch( $dltype ){

case 'full':

// The file layout is dynamically made depending on the number of languages

$iii = 0;

$filelayout = array(

'v_products_model'  => $iii++,

'v_products_image'  => $iii++,

);

to

function ep_create_filelayout($dltype){

global $filelayout, $filelayout_count, $filelayout_sql, $langcode, $fileheaders;

// depending on the type of the download the user wanted, create a file layout for it.

$fieldmap = array(); // default to no mapping to change internal field names to external.

switch( $dltype ){

case 'full':

// The file layout is dynamically made depending on the number of languages

$iii = 0;

$filelayout = array(

'v_products_model'  => $iii++,

'v_products_image'  => $iii++,

'v_products_mimage'  => $iii++,

'v_products_bimage'  => $iii++,

);

Shortly after that I uncommented support for linda's header tag stuff

'v_products_head_title_tag_'.$l_id	=> $iii++,

'v_products_head_desc_tag_'.$l_id	=> $iii++,

'v_products_head_keywords_tag_'.$l_id	=> $iii++,

then around line 1040 I added reference to the image mods

$filelayout_sql = "SELECT

p.products_id as v_products_id,

p.products_model as v_products_model,

p.products_image as v_products_image,

to

$filelayout_sql = "SELECT

p.products_id as v_products_id,

p.products_model as v_products_model,

p.products_image as v_products_image,

p.products_mimage as v_products_mimage,

p.products_bimage as v_products_bimage,

around line 1515 uncommented image mods

$query = "INSERT INTO products (

products_image,

products_mimage,

products_bimage,

added values for the mods I am using around line 1530 (ignoring the uncomment ... as it only gave me trouble)

manufacturers_id)

VALUES (

'$v_products_image',";

to

manufacturers_id)

VALUES (

'$v_products_image',

'$v_products_mimage',

'$v_products_bimage',";

and finally noticed an error in the linda's keywords description for updating products (not new products) that would wipe out keywords of existing products

change around line 1670

products_head_keywords_tag = '" . $v_products_keywords_tag[$key] ."'

to

products_head_keywords_tag = '" . $v_products_head_keywords_tag[$key] ."'

Now it seems to work great. I had nearly gone crazy trying to find other ways to enter my information. Hope this helps someone.

Terral