• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate 2.4, now with Froogle support!

wasson65

Tim,

I have two things:

1. My feed was denied because the catergories field did not have spaces between the category name and the ">". So, category>subcat1>subcat2 was denied. Category > subcat1 > subcat2 was accepted. Is there a change in place to fix this?

2. The product urls are output as SE safe urls. Is there any way to get the 'standard' urls output like: http://www.mysite.com/product_info.php?pro...d=58?language=1

Thanks,

mark

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QTY was --1000--

| 1010011 | | Norimox Ca | | | | 3.8 | | | 25/1/2003 | | Norton Hea | Norton Hea | | | | | | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '1000", 10)' at line 18

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( "", "1010011", "3.8", "1", CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "25/1/2003 4:05", CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, ", "", "1000", 10)

[TEP STOP]

guys any ideas?? about this error

its getting really frustrating

I am using access 2000 for creating EP uploads. My site is in Turkish, when I export an ep file with encoding UTF-8, ep converts the characters and product details mess up. The only encoding ep works seems to westernEuropean for windows. Is there any way to work this out with UTF-8

Thanks

Ugur :oops:

My site is in Turkish, when I export an ep file with encoding UTF-8, ep converts the characters and product details mess up. The only encoding ep works seems to westernEuropean for windows. Is there any way to work this out with UTF-8

Anyone has a clue with this code page problem?

Tim,

I have two things:

1. My feed was denied because the catergories field did not have spaces between the category name and the ">".  So, category>subcat1>subcat2  was denied.  Category > subcat1 > subcat2  was accepted.  Is there a change in place to fix this?

2. The product urls are output as SE safe urls.  Is there any way to get the 'standard' urls output like:  http://www.mysite.com/product_info.php?pro...d=58?language=1

Thanks,

mark

Both these fixes made it into the 2.41beta7 release.

There was a smattering of little things like this that got fixed over the course of a few betas.

So if you upgrade you should be fine.

Tim

I don't yet have the new version.  I modded the old one to handle extra database entries and strange things in my DB.  It was relatively straight forward for a nonprogrammer like me to do it.  I can't wait to upgrade to Froogle support.  

BTW, Tim you've done more than enough with this great add-on.  It is really superb.  Some mods are less than professional, but this is really a top notch addition and you really stand behind it.

Thanks,

Dave   :bigups:

Thanks for the kudos. It's been fun to watch the community grow it up into something great.

If you've got ideas, let me know. I can't promise anything, but I do try to keep development moving along.

Tim

QTY was --1000--

| 1010011 | | Norimox Ca | | | | 3.8 | | | 25/1/2003 | | Norton Hea | Norton Hea | | | | | | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '1000", 10)' at line 18

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( "", "1010011", "3.8", "1", CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "25/1/2003 4:05", CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, ", "", "1000", 10)

[TEP STOP]

guys any ideas?? about this error

its getting really frustrating

2.41beta versions prior to 2.41beta7 had some silly problems like this. I was so focused on froogle support, I managed to break basic product uploads.

2.41beta7 should fix your problem, if it doesn't, email me and we'll troubleshoot from there.

Tim

My site is in Turkish, when I export an ep file with encoding UTF-8, ep converts the characters and product details mess up. The only encoding ep works seems to westernEuropean for windows. Is there any way to work this out with UTF-8

Anyone has a clue with this code page problem?

So you've got non-western-european characters in your database, but when you download them in EP they are garbled in the .txt file?

Tim

So you've got non-western-european characters in your database, but when you download them in EP they are garbled in the .txt file?

That's right. I am exporting the file in unicode format but the characters garbled when I upload to site. :lol:

Mark Russell wrote:

Tim,

I have two things:

1. My feed was denied because the catergories field did not have spaces between the category name and the ">". So, category>subcat1>subcat2 was denied. Category > subcat1 > subcat2 was accepted. Is there a change in place to fix this?

2. The product urls are output as SE safe urls. Is there any way to get the 'standard' urls output like: http://www.mysite.com/product_info.php?pro...d=58?language=1

Thanks,

mark

Both these fixes made it into the 2.41beta7 release.

There was a smattering of little things like this that got fixed over the course of a few betas.

So if you upgrade you should be fine.

Tim

Thanks Tim, for the reply. I should have caught these in the earlier part of this thread. :oops:

One note: I had to set $froogle_SEF_urls = 0; versus $froogle_SEF_urls = 'false'; to get the URLs to download as non-search engine safe.

Mark

That's right. I am exporting the file in unicode format but the characters garbled when I upload to site. :lol:

Upload garbled... Well obviously somwhere something is dropping the ball when it comes to honoring unicode.

It could be in one of several places:

1. Broswer upload

2. File handling in PHP

3. EP's file handling

4. EP's string handling

I don't have an answer, but I'll keep mulling it over.

Try this: Download a clean file from EP, and use the File Manager tool to upload it to a directory somewhere. Then ftp it down and check it again. If it's fine, then we know the problem is most likely in EP's file and string handling, not some systemic problem.

Tim

One note: I had to set $froogle_SEF_urls = 0; versus $froogle_SEF_urls = 'false'; to get the URLs to download as non-search engine safe.

Mark

DOH! I'll take a look at this. Someone else had some trouble with it as well, somehow my false in the code isn't false when it gets evaluated.

Tim

EasyPopulate 2.4, now with Froogle support!

Tim,

I just installed EasyPopulate_v2.41beta7 and would like to say, "This is a Great Contribution!"

What a time saver creating a Froogle feed!

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!

I am one happy camper indeed. :D

Not sure if these have been answered or not:

#1 - Any support coming to delete products ?

#2 - What about product attributes ?

I started sketching in the delete function, it wouldn't take a lot to make it go.

The product Attributes, I haven't even looked at.

I'm sorry that I haven't been around as much as I used to. I've recently started getting swamped after I landed a pretty good sized contract with a former employer and have some other business plans in the mix.

I'm really not able to promise much of anything right now, if I get some time I can try but that's just where I'm at right now. So as I get my schedule back under control, I plan to keep maintaining and developing EP.

Tim

I started sketching in the delete function, it wouldn't take a lot to make it go.

I'm sorry that I haven't been around as much as I used to. I've recently started getting swamped after I landed a pretty good sized contract with a former employer and have some other business plans in the mix.

I'm really not able to promise much of anything right now, if I get some time I can try but that's just where I'm at right now. So as I get my schedule back under control, I plan to keep maintaining and developing EP.

Tim

No problem Tim - We appreciate everything that you've put into this so far! - As it is, it is an incredible time saver for me, and works as it should. Looking forward to future developments....as time allows.

Tim

What you have created so far has been a HUGE help. In place of the deletion option, right now I set products to inactive and one in a while go through in the middle of the night and delete a category, delete the products from my spreadsheet and re-upload.

I am looking at the product attributes this weekend, but the problem there is that the attributes for each store are different. That it one of the reasons I am looking at the MySQL insert (or update, don't know which one to use or how to set up the statement) where statement. I can't write a program, but I can write up a "how to" once I figure it out.

If anyone has ideas and wants to work on this with me email me at [email protected].

I hope to be able to figure out a solution, since I hate having to go into each product in admin, you have me spoiled!

Debbie

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I am using the latest EP release.

I downloaded the Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file to edit.

Update the quantity of each product.

Uploaded the file to the database.

For some reason, EP has set the products with 0 quantity to inactive. Before using EP, my products all had 0 quantity and the status was active.

I tried going in manually to update the 0 quantity to 1, and the products are still inactive.

My question is, when I upload a new file with EP, will the inactive items become active if they have a quantity > 0 or will I have to go in manually and update them?

Thanks

Hi all,

I seem to have a problem with the price upload part of EP.

It seems when I upload my tab delimited file, all my prices are stripped down to the integer part. Nothing behind the decimal sign.

I managed to isolate the problem to the fact that my regional settings for Belgium say that programs should use a "," as decimal sign.

I changed it to use a "." instead (like in USA etc) and the problem 's gone.

anybody know where to chang this somewhere in the source? or a small option in the admin interface? or EP checking regional settings and using the appropriat symbol? (I'll settle for hardcoded change to save you the trouble of adding unneeded code)

I can't keep the "." symbol as standard because it makes trouble with other programs I need for work :(

please help!

Thanks in advance...

_____.:::.________###__________|/______

:(o o): . (o o) (o o)

ooO--(_)--Ooo-ooO--(_)--Ooo-ooO--(_)--Ooo-

Can somebody who has a working version of EasyPopulate with bimage and mimage working please post it up or email me with it?

This is an awesome contribution Tim!

This would be awesome if someone could make it available :-) I'd like it too.

If I don't see one, I'll try and get one working in the next couple of days.

Debbie

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Howard & Deborah, I've got my EasyPopulate running with those additional image fields. Would be glad to email you a copy or if anyone else needs it???

Thanks to Tim for such a fantastic contribution -- I can't even imagine trying to put in any sizeable number of products w/o EasyPopulate!! And of course, thanks to the developers for this awesome program, and to everyone in the forums - whenever I get stuck on something, I can always find the answer eventually, by just digging & digging through all the posts here....

- Nickie

8)

(Glad I can finally do a tiny little *something* to help someone out! LOL!)

Deb, tried to email you - message bounced.. let me know where to send that file...

I know this was mentioned before, but just in case it might help anyone, here's where I added the add'l fields into easypopulate for the mimage & bimage fields -- same would apply for any other add'l fields, I imagine..

(Roughly around...)

Lines 266

In this particular case, where it already had the standard 'image' field, I added in appropriate matching code for mimage & bimage...

I may have put it in more places than was truly necessary - ?? All I know is that it works :wink: