• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

At wit's end with shipping problem

milauskas

Hi all,

I'm building a site for a client and she's got some unique shipping needs. I've scoured the forums but can't find what I'm looking for. Is this possible:

It's a store for baked goods. Most products can be shipped with no problem. A few (cakes and cupcakes) will only be available for local Los Angeles area delivery. Ideally it should work like this.

1) Cakes/cupcakes should have their own shipping option

2) Local delivery is available BUT only if the order is over $50

3) Free shipping should be available for orders over $100

I've tried several configurations but none work. Local delivery/shipping appears for ALL products (not just cakes/cupcakes) and if I set these products' shipping to a table rate and enable free shipping for order over $100, then ALL products have this free shipping applied. Is there a solution to this?

Alternatively, is there a way to PREVENT any shipping for the cakes/cupcakes and just have them show up in the catalog, but a buyer would need to call to order? In this scenario I'd want to keep anyone from ordering through osC but still have the items show up in the catalog.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.