• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax for Australia only

bigbird_3156

Hi, very new to oscommerce, have a question... well 2 actually...

How do I set things up so that only Australian customers get charged the GST and customers in other countries don't get charged any tax? I've played around with the admin settings but cant seem to make it work...

secondly, how do I TEST that purchases outside australia dont get charged GST??

Thanks

Edited by bigbird_3156

• 7 months later...
1. Make a Zone for Australia. Apply Tax to Zone. Apply Tax to your Product(s).

2. Make a test purchase using an address in Aus and then make the same purchase using an overseas address.

Other Australian bits:

Don't forget to put the words Tax Invoice on your invoices, and your ABN if you have one too.

Create your own Australian address format and add it to the address format table (manually via SQL). None of the formats match the way we do addresses

ie.

Street

Suburb

State Postcode

OSC User Definitions

"I can add modules to OSC" = I can search, cut and paste. But not well, or I wouldn't be here.

"I start my posting with 'works like a charm' = I'm letting you down gently, nothing works and I have no idea why

"I finish postings with "plzzzz....hlp" = My installation is buggered and I know I'm going to have to pay someone, but I really, really don't want to.

• 2 months later...
Create your own Australian address format ......

ie.

Street

Suburb

State Postcode

I fixed this problem by removing suburb, then changing city to suburb.(english.php)..then fixing the order (various).

Trying to add GST to my transportation/shipping costs now.

• 4 months later...

I fixed this problem by removing suburb, then changing city to suburb.(english.php)..then fixing the order (various).

That's a shame - it just required a single extra row in the address_format table.

OSC User Definitions

"I can add modules to OSC" = I can search, cut and paste. But not well, or I wouldn't be here.

"I start my posting with 'works like a charm' = I'm letting you down gently, nothing works and I have no idea why

"I finish postings with "plzzzz....hlp" = My installation is buggered and I know I'm going to have to pay someone, but I really, really don't want to.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Make a Zone for Australia. Apply Tax to Zone. Apply Tax to your Product(s).

2. Make a test purchase using an address in Aus and then make the same purchase using an overseas address.

I am new to osCommerce so it might be that there is some thing that I have forgotten to turn on. I tried your solution but it doesn’t work for me?

I have deleted all the old zones and made only one Zone for Norway.

I have applied a tax to the Zone and applied the tax to my products.

I do get tax on all products for all countries if I set the parameter “Zone” under TAX ZONES to the value “All Zones”. If I select the value “Norge” that should apply only tax for Norway, there will not be any tax for any countries.

Is there a parameter I haven’t switched on?