• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution support]Account History with Quick Re-order

Account History with QUICK RE-ORDER

This is a REALLY easy contribution to add, and it frees up space on your columns if you were to get rid of the account history box.

This contribution adds the quick re-order list that you usually find in the infobox on the right column into the account order history.

It frees up space to delete that info box, but lets the customers quickly see what they have ordered be and re-order it with one click.

It works best if your have a login box contribution that also adds the MY ACCOUNT box to your website. This way you have the link to ACCOUNT HISTORY on all pages. Which means your customer is ONE CLICK away from seeing their most recent purchases and re-ordering with one click.

I suggest this contribution to put the login into an info box which will also create an account links box when logged in:

Loginbox V5.4_in_header

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2179

or

Login Box Best

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2538

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

OOPS forgot to add the link to the ACTUAL Account History Quick Re-Order Contribution (sorry, its my first)

Account History Quick Re-Order

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Hello lindsayanng,

Looks like a great contri and will try to include it in my webshop as I have many customers who order the same on a regular basis.

Just one question, in you install.txt it say's "If you would like an image of a shopping cart in place of the "click To Re-Order" text, there is a small shopping cart image included", but I cannot find it in the zip I've downloaded.

Thanks!

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

Another question:

What if they want to re-order items that have been removed from or out of stock in your shop?

Is there a check so that items not-in-stock cannot be re-ordered?

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

oops.. ya know what, i forgot to add that into the package. it was a LATE night when i uploaded that and i was trying to get it done. I will add that shopping cart image.

i2Paq, right now, there is the same check as if you were trying to add a product from the product listing page to your cart, it will just say TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK.

I will SEE if ia can figure a way to do that, i am not that great at coding, This contribution is solid and easy to do because i recycled some code, but i will see if i can have an OUT OF STOCK image or text show in place of the cart if it is not in stock.

oops.. ya know what, i forgot to add that into the package. it was a LATE night when i uploaded that and i was trying to get it done. I will add that shopping cart image.

i2Paq, right now, there is the same check as if you were trying to add a product from the product listing page to your cart, it will just say TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK.

I will SEE if ia can figure a way to do that, i am not that great at coding, This contribution is solid and easy to do because i recycled some code, but i will see if i can have an OUT OF STOCK image or text show in place of the cart if it is not in stock.

Well, this had me pulling my hair out (oops, too late). It worked in my test site, made some changes, still worked, did it on the website, and tested. You may guess that the mod did not show up up. Checked and rechecked code, to no avail. The penny finally dropped. The account on the website that I was using for testing only had one item in previous history. I had marked that as being unavailable and had forgotten that I had.

Upshot is, the mod works perfectly, thank you.

AHH gotcha.. so it IS working ok for you now then?? it should be pretty simple and straight forward.

AHH gotcha.. so it IS working ok for you now then?? it should be pretty simple and straight forward.

It certainly is working, even to the extent that if a product is no longer available, that product will not show up.

haha.. See, i'm so good you didn't even REALIZE how good i was!!!

Just kidding. Glad it is working for people and people might actually use it.. I might be forced to say that my FIRST contribution was a success??

i do think that keeping the sold out item there but add a notification option for when it comes back into stock WOULD be a good option.. this way you can keep them updated on the out of stock options..

also, i2Paq, i guess the above answered you question which is that if the item is not available OR instock, you will not see it in the order history

• 3 months later...

you are welcome to make changes if you feel the need.

• 2 months later...

Hello :)

I just install this contribution and looks great :)

One question, on "My Purchasing History Quick Re-Order" only displays 6 products? can be modified to display all products? or show a dropdown with select number os display?

Thanks!!!

Regards :)