The e-commerce.

[contribution] "Live Customer Support"

stankovski

Live Customer Support Module

----------------------------

By: Denis Stankovski

Date: 01/07/2003

osC Ver: 2.2 from July, 2003

This is a FREE module would allow you to have a live-chat support on your web site. It uses MySQL database, PHP, ICQ (for notifications), and JavaScript. This module was developed by me independantly from osC.

To see it work go to http://www.harmoniouslifestyles.com.

I would appreciate if somebody could help me with debugging and optimizing this module.

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

http://www.harmoniouslifestyles.com

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a notice that says no one is available? And how does it work? Ie, my OSC is hosted on a server, and I sit at home behind a firewall. I see that it used ICQ though... Also, does it notify if the operator is offline? "Live Support Offline, Leave an Email"

Does it actually use ICQ as the chat interface on my end?

Thanks

Sean try it mate!

You have a lot of questions, so best bet is, go try it.

If it doesnt do all you want it to, then build on this mod and see if you can build a better one that fills the wholes.

CC.

Is there a notice that says no one is available? And how does it work? Ie, my OSC is hosted on a server, and I sit at home behind a firewall. I see that it used ICQ though... Also, does it notify if the operator is offline? "Live Support Offline, Leave an Email"

Does it actually use ICQ as the chat interface on my end?

Thanks

Hey Sean,

There are 2 ways to do it. You can either use ICQ indicator (like I do) to show your status, or you can use "Login" / "Logoff" buttons inside the admin window. If you'll use the second option, you'll be able to check your status from the database "SELECT status FROM chat_user WHERE id = 1" (user 1 is you).

This way you'll be able to customize your status indicator, and, if needed, to send users to leave a message.

I hope I was clear. If you've got more questions, let me know.

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

http://www.harmoniouslifestyles.com

HUM

when i go to that contribution, this is what it says...

Attention this is only an UPGRADE! It won't work without an original contribution

whats the original contribution located?

or am i missing something

any one else using this contribution from denis.

?

I had it slightly working now I am getting

Warning: Access denied for user: 'dcracing_andy@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/dcracing/public_html/userchatadmin/login.php on line 16

but I was never able to see anything in the catalog pages though??

any advise appreciated

any one else using this contribution from denis.

?

I had it slightly working now I am getting

Warning: Access denied for user: 'dcracing_andy@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/dcracing/public_html/userchatadmin/login.php on line 16

I have sorted the above error . for some reason the user had been deleted from mysql. BUT I still get no boxes to type any messages into!

I also get a blinking effect and it sort of takes over the rest of the browser windows. Can you give me a few more detailed instructions on getting an input box up etc??

but I was never able to see anything in the catalog pages though??

any advise appreciated

Im having a prob with the database.

When I try to connect is says connection successful but right after it says query failed on the same screen.

I did some work and found that the script has successfully connected to the database but it could not change the status of from offline to online.

I changed a SQL line in admin/connect.php from chat_user to just user. What happens after I done this was it come up with successful connection and flashed to a new screen saying query failed. The database record did change from offline to online. I figure there is a problem when the connect.php script redirects to login.php

maybe theres a simple fix? what should we be naming the database? I named it chat and the server renamed it username_chat, is this okay?

Please help, I would love to have this script on my store

What you need to do is open your chat.sql that was provided and change

CREATE TABLE user (

to

CREATE TABLE chat_user (

and

INSERT INTO user VALUES (1, 'Administrator', '', NULL, 'Offline');

to

INSERT INTO chat_user VALUES (1, 'Administrator', '', NULL, 'Offline');

What you need to do is open your chat.sql that was provided and change

CREATE TABLE user (

to

CREATE TABLE chat_user (

and

INSERT INTO user VALUES (1, 'Administrator', '', NULL, 'Offline');

to

INSERT INTO chat_user VALUES (1, 'Administrator', '', NULL, 'Offline');

It depends what chat.sql you import or if you import both. I am gonna ask denis if he can explain which ones should be imported.

I was getting it partly working but since moving the files into catalog I get

Warning: Failed opening 'connections/local.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/chat/status.php on line 3

Could not select database

so I don't know whats up just now but will persevere this contrib is mucho usefulo and it does work I have used in denis site :)

I am same problem.

Fix:

In file chat/status.php at line 3

FIND

include('connections/local.php');

REPLACE WITH

include('/home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/chat/ connections/local.php');

ATENTION! This path is only for ukracer. Anyone else must put there his path.

I am same problem.

Fix:

In file chat/status.php at line 3

FIND

include('connections/local.php');

REPLACE WITH

include('/home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/chat/ connections/local.php');

ATENTION! This path is only for ukracer. Anyone else must put there his path.

Brilliant now it all works. Now all I need to do is to figure out the stuff needed to place on the page so a user can see when a operator is online or not and then let Denis know about the couple of mods to the package that need to be made and Re write the docs from a position of a total novice (me) :lol: and I can see this being used a great deal. Well done Denis and Clement many thanks to you both.