osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] "Live Customer Support"

stankovski

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i installed the newest version of live support posted on the contribution dated 28/2/3003

it worked the first time,

however the below problem keeps coming up:

"Live Support is currently open

Currently only 1 window can be open"

how can i fix that

are any file missing from latest MOD?

Hey, where do you get that message? On which page?

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

http://www.harmoniouslifestyles.com

Thanks for the Tip what do I need to do to fix it ?

If you get an error saying that the variable is not defined than on line 38 of admin/index.php right after require(); add the following lines:

if (!isset($action)) {

$action = "";

}

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

gdf: I think those mods are for a different contribution

denis - I am still having a problem not being able to see the text in either the customer chat window or the admin chat window - I am testing this on an OS X box using apache 4.x - I will move a copy to my linux box and see if the problem persists - I would love to get your contribution working on my site (help cut down phone calls I hope......)

denis - I am still having a problem not being able to see the text in either the customer chat window or the admin chat window - I am testing this on an OS X box using apache 4.x

Hi,

I've noticed that that is a problem with Mac IE. Unfortunately I do not have a Mac at work and thus there is no way for me to debug it. I'll try to fix the problem asap, but right now I'm a little bit busy with work and school. (By the way does anybody working in US need a web developer/designer - I'm looking for a job right now).

Denis

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

thank you for the support Denis

it appears the problem is related to not drawing the text box correctly or something related to the text box - as previously noted, the text sometimes flashes in the text area, but not long enough to be read - i also noticed that if i type enough text to try and force a scroll bar to appear, the scroll bar is almost outside the bounds of the window, and that may also be part of the problem....

TIA

Notice: Undefined variable: action in x:xxxcatalogchat2.0index.php on line 11

Ok your first fix worked for the admin page no more errors !!

thanks but know I get this also I have a broken image on the catalog page

thanks in advance !

hello

first thank you for this excellent contribution....

problem:

when the icq-whitepages are down, that means icq can't get my status, the live support contribution don't load the not available picture -> it just loads no image -> well it loads a picture but you know, the x picture when no picture can be loaded.....

question:

is there any solution which solves this problem -> when icq can't get the status -> after a timeout -> the not available picture should be displayed

thanks very much

andreas

hello

first thank you for this excellent contribution....

problem:

when the icq-whitepages are down, that means icq can't get my status, the live support contribution don't load the not available picture -> it just loads no image -> well it loads a picture but you know, the x picture when no picture can be loaded.....

question:

is there any solution which solves this problem -> when icq can't get the status -> after a timeout -> the not available picture should be displayed

thanks very much

andreas

I wish I could help, but I need somebody to shut down ICQ server and let me know (any hackers?) :wink:

Anyway, I'll see what I can do...

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

Maybe im just dumb... I've been working with OSC since August, and have a fully modified site.

For whatever reason, I can not get the image to swich to 'online'. I've worked on it for hours, local and on my live site. I don't understand! My ICQ is ONLINE, but not matter what I do, 'Sales Rep is Offline'. :(

Do I need to be logged into the chat admin or something?? It says 'Online' in admin...

Please help!!

CVS 010303 Fully modified

any mac users out there have this working? i have everything working except the text does not appear in either the user chat or admin chat windows..... :cry:

yes, it should be the icq number - i went to look at your site to see if i could spot anything, and boy did i ever, but it had nothing to do with your problem........ :lol:

Yes its not cache. I've tried on different computers.

Perhaps its my paths?

Here is my root

/

Here is my catalog

/catalog

Here is my chat2.0

/catalog/chat2.0

Here is my chat.php

$chat_location = 'chat2.0'; //Location of the Chat folder

well, after spending some time with sabotage79 trying to track down what is/is not going on, i tried to call directly to

http://magik.dk/services/icq/xml/?uin=myicqnumber

and received the following:

? <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

- <icqstatus>

? <status>Unknown</status>

? <lastupdate>08-03-2003 09:09:28</lastupdate>

? <source>cache</source>

? </icqstatus>

$news = new newsboy();

$news->xml_file = "http://magik.dk/services/icq/xml/?uin=".DPHP_ICQ; 

$news->parse(); 

$_result = trim($news->html);

if ($_result == 'Online') {

header('Location: ../images/customer_support_online.jpg');

} else {

header('Location: ../images/customer_support_offline.jpg');

}	

$news->destroy();

http://magik.dk/services/icq/xml/?uin=248409511

Seems as though its not parsing the XML page - The page results clearly state 'ONLINE'.

Ryan