• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] "Live Customer Support"

stankovski

Andy,

I've got your file. I think the problem on line 26 relates to the fact that you have a different osC version. But that is very easy to fix. Just send me ANY file from catalog/includes/boxes folder to see what kind of classes are used in your osC version.

About line 20. Frankly speaking, the only reason I include configure.php file is to get the value of $ICQ variable. So to make life easier for you you can manually set

$ICQ = xxxxxxxx;

(where xxxxxxxx is your ICQ number) and remove line

include($chat_location.'/main/configure.php');

line.

However make sure that

$chat_location = '../chat2.0'; //Location of the Chat folder

is set correct, otherwise you won't see any picture or you won't be able to open a chat window.

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

http://www.harmoniouslifestyles.com

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Andy,

I've looked at your file at it seems to be exacly the same as mine. You have an error with instantinating class: infoBoxHeading but the same class is called in categories.php file and it looks fine.

The only thing that I can suggest you to do is to try to debug it yourself.

Sorry...

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

Hey Andy,

I've looked at your file at it seems to be exacly the same as mine. You have an error with instantinating class: infoBoxHeading but the same class is called in categories.php file and it looks fine.

The only thing that I can suggest you to do is to try to debug it yourself.

Sorry...

denis

Could you give me a clue how to debug please then denis <grin>

Can you use a program that show what is happening or not as the case maybe. I often hear the term debug but fail to see what I can do if I cant see what is happening when the file is being called. How do you view what is going on behind the scenes as it were??

Thanks for your time anyway!

Hello Denis.

thanxs first for the great contribution.

i think its a helpful tool to get in contact with the customer.

i install the latest fix nd also the basic version 2.1

in my catalog page the pictures working and show me also if i am online or off.

but anyway when i click on the button ( off or online ) its show me the frame but only with the same picture i see already on the catalog.php

( like off or online picture )

no error messages and nothing to click !

i try already to fix ( like wrong database login or path in the chat.php )

but i am stuck

i am not so familiar with Php. ( beginning with oscomerce )

so i see not realy a way out.

can you point me please in the right direction ???

here is the link for the catalog

http://business-bali.com/test/catalog/cata...log/default.php

Thanx for your help

Hello Denis.

thanxs first for the great contribution.

i think its a helpful tool to get in contact with the customer.

i install the latest fix nd also the basic version 2.1

in my catalog page the pictures working and show me also if i am online or off.

but anyway when i click on the button ( off or online ) its show me the frame but only with the same picture i see already on the catalog.php

( like off or online picture )

no error messages and nothing to click !

i try already to fix ( like wrong database login or path in the chat.php )

but i am stuck

i am not so familiar with Php. ( beginning with oscomerce )

so i see not realy a way out.

can you point me please in the right direction ???

here is the link for the catalog

http://business-bali.com/test/catalog/cata...log/default.php

Thanx for your help

Interesting. What snap shot are you using?? I have had many different errors while I have been testing as mine was working fine with leave a messge if I was off line....however it never worked for me despite denis sending me over a new updates version to try. In fact this new one I can not get the image to show up at all now no matter what I chnage the paths to.

It seems to be that the includes are not working which is strange as they work for me in OScommerce. I have asked for some help with regards to how they have changed the later versions of OS and hope that some one will be so kind as to reply soon now!

BUT your error is not what I am getting at all so you might well need to wait for denis unfortunately as I cant help. I do see when I click on te image though that the path goes catalog/catalog which in my vase would not be right where do you have your chat2.0 folder??

Interesting. What snap shot are you using?? I have had many different errors while I have been testing as mine was working fine with leave a messge if I was off line....however it never worked for me despite denis sending me over a new updates version to try. In fact this new one I can not get the image to show up at all now no matter what I chnage the paths to. 

It seems to be that the includes are not working which is strange as they work for me in OScommerce. I have asked for some help with regards to how they have changed the later versions of OS and hope that some one will be so kind as to reply soon now! 

BUT your error is not what I am getting at all so you might well need to wait for denis unfortunately as I cant help. I do see when I click on te image though that the path goes catalog/catalog which in my vase would not be right where do you have your chat2.0 folder??

php4.3.0

apache/unix

i use the osc snapshot from 29.12.2002

all the catalog and admin are setup like:

businessbali.com/test/admin/admin

businessbali.com/test/catalog/catalog

the chat2.0 is in: businessbali.com/catalog/chat2.0/

the picture which apear in the chat window has follow properties:

http://www.business-bali.com/test/catalog/...login/index.php

and this is the right url. if i refresh the windom than i get follows:

http://www.business-bali.com/test/catalog/...port_online.jpg

if i dont setup the chat.php correct(url to chat )

than the pictures dont show up and i got a error code in the catalog page

the path to chat2.0 is ../chat2.0 others dont work

if i dont setup the configure.php correct (database) its the same so i guess all is right setup :shock:

only what make me wonder is in the /chat2.0/login/index.php in line 21:

<frame src="/chat2.0/login/UntitledFrame-6"></frameset>

but i dont have a UntitledFrame-6 in my login folder ether in the other ones and is hould have also some .html or else. :?:

i think thats all the information i can give you.

i still stuck but i dont will give up :roll:

Hey Guido,

I've checked your site. I've noticed that you have some weird version of osC... The only thing I would suggest you to do is to go to file:

includes/boxes/chat.php and change line 17:

$chat_location = '../chat2.0'; //Location of the Chat folder

Set this to absolute location like http://www.business-bali.com/test/catalog/chat2.0

Denis

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

For those that have problems similar to Andy try doing the following. In chat2.0/main change all include('configure.php'); to require('configure.php');.

Also change it in catalog/includes/boxes/chat.php and chat2.0/admin folder.

MMm denis I cant find include ('configure.php'); in chat2.0/admin folder

In afct I cant find it in catalog/includes/boxes/chat.php

is sumat up with my system big style?

For those that have problems similar to Andy try doing the following. In chat2.0/main change all include('configure.php'); to require('configure.php');.

If I do this it goes past the error but still does not work denis.

I am starting to think it really is some thing they have chnaged in the later snapshots.....perhaps one of them would be so kind as to allude to what has been changed or altered.

Hello Denis

stankovski wrote:  

i have now no include('configure.php'); anymore i change all to require ('configure.php'); and the result is still the same. with the old /login/index.php i get ( online or offline ) only the loginbox to leave a message

and with the new one i get the popup window with the picture inside and still nothing to click.

maybe it has something to do with the older snapshot ? i use 31.12.2002

or php4.3.0 or mybe the php problem ?

any help will be hight appreciate

i dont wonna give up but i am quick befor :roll:

i am just a beginner with php and mysql and sit already here the hole night with 3 new books about it and still no one cent closer to my goal

Hello Denis  

stankovski wrote:  

i have now no include('configure.php'); anymore i change all to require ('configure.php'); and the result is still the same. with the old /login/index.php i get ( online or offline ) only the loginbox to leave a message

mine is slighlt different in that if I am online with icq I get leave a message and it works just fine in that I can leave a message ok.

If I am online it show the correct picture but when I try to connect using the pop up box that appears. I get:

Warning: main(configure.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/chat2.0/main/chat.php on line 13

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'configure.php' (include_path='') in /home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/chat2.0/main/chat.php on line 13

so I am pretty sure it is path related but I dont know what different versions of OS have been altered and how this affects paths.....

and with the new one i get the popup window with the picture inside and still nothing to click.

With the new version I get no picture displayed at all.

maybe it has something to do with the older snapshot ? i use 31.12.2002

or php4.3.0 or mybe the php problem ?

I think it has to be but until we get a few people who are using the contrib to post so we can see what THEY have got and which version of OS commerce they are using we are hardly likely to make much progress and my requests to tell me how the incldudes have been changed has been viewed only 9 times and replied to 0.

One thing I would like to know is how you can make out what version of OS you have installed.....when it on the server and the master is unknown.

hello ukracer

One thing I would like to know is how you can make out what version of OS you have installed.....when it on the server and the master is unknown.

to you mean the php and linux version ?

try and look in the php.info in your server panel ( control panel ) from your hosting provider.

my one i print out so if i need i get all my information.

but try also this sometimes is working

https://yourdomain.com/cp/phpinfo.phtml

cp is the controlpanel (but in yours)

hope this helps

hello ukracer

to you mean the php and linux version ?

try and look in the php.info in your server panel ( control panel ) from your hosting provider.

my one i print out so if i need i get all my information.

but try also this sometimes is working

https://yourdomain.com/cp/phpinfo.phtml

cp is the controlpanel (but in yours)

hope this helps

Nope :) I meant what version of OS commerce we have installed..i.e snapshot. denis seemed to be able to tell you have a wierd version installed........but I dont know how he did that!

i just now what i download ! and this is the version from 31.12.2002!

but is also heavily customized

i mix up a lot of contributions

lindas sorter and copier

lindas quantity controller

mo pics

yahoo messanger

headertags

category box

news desk

faq

and much more

but all is working only the live support wont work

but also i check the links to other sites in my shop and all is on the right place.

If I am online it show the correct picture but when I try to connect using the pop up box that appears. I get:

Warning: main(configure.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/chat2.0/main/chat.php on line 13

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'configure.php' (include_path='') in /home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/chat2.0/main/chat.php on line 13

Same for me :cry:

Anyway to solve this problem??

yes denis has amde some alterations and it now works for both guido amd myself. Hopefully denis will pick this us if not I can let you try it out at your own risk!

The one problem we have found but hjave yet to let denis know is that if one person is on live chat and another tries to come on also it crashes the first conversation......but we have some more testing to do first!

hope this helps

Same for me :cry:

Anyway to solve this problem??

Hey Andy,

I've checked the chat for crashing, but everything seams to work fine. I've had more then 3 customers at the same time and all three had no problems.

I know why you cad the problem with the window. When ONE customer tries to open more then one chat, the second chat window automaticaly opens in the first one, causing the first one to close.

So if you have different customers, everything works just fine.

Re: the modifications, I'm going to post them today at osC download section.

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

I have installed your latest mod and everything appears to be working except the refresh of the windows randomly blanks out the chat text

if i click on the text area a couple of times i can see the text but then on the next window refresh the text vanishes again

any ideas???

TIA

I have installed your latest mod and everything appears to be working except the refresh of the windows randomly blanks out the chat text

if i click on the text area a couple of times i can see the text but then on the next window refresh the text vanishes again

any ideas???

TIA

I'm seeing the same problems as Jeff, but only on IE5 on a mac Mac platform.

Doesn't seem to be working at all on Opera7.0. I get the ICQ notification, but the 2nd popup doesn't load and the admin screen doesn't see the user.

Finally, admin disconnect doesn't notify the user that the session has been closed.

i installed the newest version of live support posted on the contribution dated 28/2/3003

it worked the first time,

however the below problem keeps coming up:

"Live Support is currently open

Currently only 1 window can be open"

how can i fix that

are any file missing from latest MOD?