osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] "Live Customer Support"

stankovski

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just found that ICQ have changed something on their side, which have caused Status Indicator to show OFFLINE. If it didn't happen to you, you're lucky.

However if it did, you can upload a patch from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,872

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

http://www.harmoniouslifestyles.com

// Change This according to your setting

$chat_location = '/catalog/chat2.0'; //Location of the Chat folder

Can someone help me with what I am supposed to have in here. I keep getting errors like

Quote..Warning: Failed opening '/catalog/chat2.0/main/configure.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/includes/boxes/chat.php on line 20

end quote

It seems it does not like the paths I am using!

Denis,

This is looking good, but I'm having some trouble getting started!

The most recent contribution didn't have chat.sql, so I got it out of a previous installation.  Is there a more recent one that I should be using?

As it is, I can get onto the admin page and change my info, but not log in.  Also, users don't see that I am online.  If I try to manually enter chat2.0/index.php I get this error:

Warning: Failed opening 'configure.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/dzi/public_html/stage/chat2.0/main/chat.php on line 13

Could not select database

I am getting the same problem just now..........how did you fix it??

If I change line 13 to an absolute path, I simply get a Query Failed error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg

i do that, but on my site, it says the rep is offline??

first where do you have it installed??

Second surely that is starting admin which should set the image "the rep is online" ??

I must admit to becoming confused with what is going on.

I have now supplied the full path in chat.php in catalog/includes/boxes and I now do not get any images showing BUT at least I dont get php errors anymore.

What path do you have in chat.php for your chat2.0 position??

i have it installed offline on my test server.... i never install anything on the production server until i can get it working on my test machine.......

i followed the instructions in the read me file

i put the chat2.0 folder in the includes/ folder and changed the path in the file for the location of the chat2.0 folder

$chat_location = 'includes/chat2.0'; //Location of the Chat folder

i get the image, but is the offline image even with the window open for the admin page

very strange

i have it installed offline on my test server....  i never install anything on the production server until i can get it working on my test machine.......

i followed the instructions in the read me file

i put the chat2.0 folder in the includes/ folder and changed the path in the file for the location of the chat2.0 folder

$chat_location = 'includes/chat2.0'; //Location of the Chat folder

i get the image, but is the offline image even with the window open for the admin page

very strange

wise move I must start using a test server soon but my site is not live and its tempting to use it instead of moving stuff later :)

Extract this Zip Archive anywhere (except for Admin folder) like root or catalog. is what the readme that I have says...nothing about includes....not that it should make much difference but I know I had problems with paths when I had dennis first version. I wonder if he has his own server and it make s difference to what paths are used and written etc>?? Paths are my achilles heel! Unfortunately!

I will try what you are doing though and see what happens.....have you installed the two fix files??

ukracer:

$chat_location = 'chat2.0'; //Location of the Chat folder

does it for me

- Greg

If I use that I get this is the live chat window.

Warning: Failed opening 'catalog/chat2.0/main/configure.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/chat2.0/main/chat.php on line 20

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: infoboxheading in /home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/chat2.0/main/chat.php on line 26

that is a path issue

since you are placing the chat2.0 folder inside your catalog folder, you need to set the path back to ../chat2.0 or catalog/chat2.0

if I use ../ I get

Warning: Failed opening '../chat2.0/main/configure.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/includes/boxes/chat.php on line 20

if use catalog/chat2.0 I get

Warning: Failed opening 'catalog/chat2.0/main/configure.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/includes/boxes/chat.php on line 20

You know what I am starting to wonder if its the .in the folder name of chat2.0 I know its grasping at straws but....needs must!

if you have the chat2.0 folder in the catalog folder, then the chat.php file in the includes/boxes/chat.php file should read

$chat_location = 'chat2.0'; //Location of the Chat folder

again, this is under the assumption the you have catalog/chat2.0

and catalog/includes/boxes/chat.php

Hello Everybody,

Sorry for confusion with pathes. In the boxes/chat.php you have to define a RELATIVE path from /CATALOG/ folder. (By the way thanks for everyone in the forum, that helped to clarify this issue)

Just as a quick tutorial:

1. if you want to indicate that something is located in the same folder, you just write the name of the file, and that is it: e.g. you're in catalog/index.php file, if you want to access file catalog/about_us.php you simply make a link about_us.php (that is a path)

2. if something is located one level above, you write the name of the folder with a slash AFTER: e.g. you're in catalog/index.php file, if you want to access file catalog/chat/login/index.php you make a link chat/login/index.php (no slash at the beginning)

3. if something is located one level BELOW, you write "..": e.g. you're in catalog/index.php file, if you want to access file index.php (located at the root) you make a link ../index.php (no slash at the beginning)

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

Hello Everybody,

Sorry for confusion with pathes. In the boxes/chat.php you have to define a RELATIVE path from /CATALOG/ folder. (By the way thanks for everyone in the forum, that helped to clarify this issue)

Just as a quick tutorial:

hi dennis

can you give me a clue what the following errors mean.

Warning: Failed opening 'catalog/chat2.0/main/configure.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/chat2.0/main/chat.php on line 20

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: infoboxheading in /home/dcracing/public_html/catalog/chat2.0/main/chat.php on line 26

I have read the tutorial but cant see what could be wrong as the file is there...

thanks in advance.

also the image is always online and never goes to offlline leave a message.....options on what to try on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Everybody' date='

also the image is always online and never goes to offlline leave a message.....options on what to try on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

Ok Dennis you clarified that just fine!

I know know that if ICQ is online the image with be chat with a live operator.

if its offline when you log onto the site it will show leave a message..........incidently the LEAVE is spelt wrong on the images.......it says live! It also does not change if you go online (with ICQ) while a user is logged into the unless that user does a refresh.. SO if they just leave it loged in waiting for an operator they will never see one without a refresh! Any way of forcing one?

So it almost works 100% for me but I still get this error whentrying to run the live chat even if the receiving admin part is running or not!

Any one else getting problems or know what might be wrong please??

i have it installed offline on my test server.... i never install anything on the production server until i can get it working on my test machine.......

very strange

Have you seen where Dennis explains the online and offline image refer to ICQ only and not admin........that might explain yours :)

hi dennis

Hi,

Could you write what kind of a code you have on those 2 lines (chat.php line 20 and 26). Because in my file, for example, include('configure.php'); is on line 13.

Denis

Denis Stankovski

----------------------

hi dennis

Hi,

Could you write what kind of a code you have on those 2 lines (chat.php line 20 and 26). Because in my file, for example, include('configure.php'); is on line 13.

Denis

I have sent it direct via Email denis so you can see the whole file.

but for others to see the two lines are

20. include($chat_location.'/main/configure.php');

26. new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

hope this helps :)