• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GREEK LANGUAGE INSTALLATION

dets03ab

Hi all

I am trying to install the Greek language module to my webshop from the Osc contribution but my shop went down before to some strange error. Any know which iso code i have to put for the Greek language in the admin module? Until now I found 2 different: GR and EL.....which one is it?

Any know if i should change some scripts or something for the greek module? I have english as my main language and will continue with that

Hope any can help

• 1 month later...
Hi all

I am trying to install the Greek language module to my webshop from the Osc contribution but my shop went down before to some strange error. Any know which iso code i have to put for the Greek language in the admin module? Until now I found 2 different: GR and EL.....which one is it?

Any know if i should change some scripts or something for the greek module? I have english as my main language and will continue with that

Hope any can help

Changing following setting in the file: catalog/admin/includes/languages/greek.php

define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

to

define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-7');

enables you to add Greek characters without a problem in your admin

You also need to make changes in

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'de_DE.ISO_8859-1'); ..this is for German language..you need to make change for Greek language

• 2 weeks later...

just for your info, i ve uploaded the utf8 greek language files

i ll also upload the database files that should be changed in order to have a full functional oscommerce website with greek and utf8

Hello world!

From which site i can download the greek files you uploaded?

Thank you!

Ps. i changed the tag CHARSET to 8859-7 but the Euro Symbol does not appear. Instead, i see a vertical box. Any idea?

Edited by akoulis25

From which site i can download the greek files you uploaded?

Thank you!

Ps. i changed the tag CHARSET to 8859-7 but the Euro Symbol does not appear. Instead, i see a vertical box. Any idea?

UTF8 greek language files can be found here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/profile/129492

Greek darabase files that enable oscommerce to handle utf8 can be found here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6284

Hello world!

• 2 weeks later...

ok...i downloaded the .rar with the GreekUTF8.zip and i put the files in admin/includes/languages from folder "admin" and i put the folder from "include" in includes/languages.What about the other file "database_files.rar? Where i must put these files?

Also in OsCommerce at Tools->Define Languages i clicked at combox (top right of the page) but i can't see greek choice yet. :(

Any ideas???????

• 1 month later...

Maki i uploaded the files for the greek utf8 .

I have problem with the category names. only 5 characters are appeared in greek and the rest are ????

should i try to change the encoding of the database? I changed it in utf8

Maybe should i change the encoding in other files as well?

thanks

Edited by giorgos80

Maki i uploaded the files for the greek utf8 .

I have problem with the category names. only 5 characters are appeared in greek and the rest are ????

should i try to change the encoding of the database? I changed it in utf8

Maybe should i change the encoding in other files as well?

thanks

Giorgios8

Greek letters take too long space. Go to phpmyadmin and change the VARCHAR of the description or what ever you wanr to change to a larger number. If it is 34 change it to 64 or even 100. It worked on mine.

vas

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi Maki

I installed all the above and my store looks good but my admin panel now shows all funny charachters. I only have the greek language running and it is also my default as I only want he Greek Language showing on my store.

Thank you,

• 1 month later...

I have install greek language but if enable this:

arning: require(includes/languages//catalog/includes/languages/gree.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 157

Where is the problem, boh8eia re paidia me epiase ponokefalos

I have install greek language but if enable this:

arning: require(includes/languages//catalog/includes/languages/gree.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 157

Where is the problem, boh8eia re paidia me epiase ponokefalos

Why is it looking for a file called gree.php? check one more ime your admin settings when installing the language. Did you type in the correct names?

Why is it looking for a file called gree.php? check one more ime your admin settings when installing the language. Did you type in the correct names?

Giorgo eida oti eisai ellinas kai sou apantao sta ellinika. Se efxaristo katarxhn gia thn amesh apanthsh sou. den eixa balei sto menu greek alla gree!!

Tora exei liuei afto to problhma. Den mporo na bro omos pou einai sthn selida tou admin php h epilogh gia na allakso to pedio varchar se 64 opos lene oi filoi parapano. Mhpos mporeis se parakalo na mou doseis ta fota sou?

Giorgo eida oti eisai ellinas kai sou apantao sta ellinika. Se efxaristo katarxhn gia thn amesh apanthsh sou. den eixa balei sto menu greek alla gree!!

Tora exei liuei afto to problhma. Den mporo na bro omos pou einai sthn selida tou admin php h epilogh gia na allakso to pedio varchar se 64 opos lene oi filoi parapano. Mhpos mporeis se parakalo na mou doseis ta fota sou?

Lets keep talking in english so that others can participate too

The varchar value of a field of your database can not be changed via admin. You need to go to your database directly, via phpMyAdmin, and do the changes there. You will need to change fields such as products name, category name etc and wherever you have problems with the field length.

(select table, select field, press edit (pencil symbol) change the varchar value)

Hello. I just installed the greek language, using the two files you are describing above, but when changing to Greek language, I see symbols everywhere instead of greek letters.

I tried changing the code page by changing the define command in the php file, but nothing.

Can you please help me? Maybe I need non-UTF8 greek files?

• 4 months later...

i upload all the files and change all VAr from phomyAdmin to utf8-unicode but i have steel proble with greek in IE [ Firefox&Google Chrome it's ok] in IE i need to change the Encoding. pleaze help [ και ελληνικά ]

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...