• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modern Template for RC2a

toyicebear

please guys i need this icon badly, or if somebody can recommend other icon set to use with this template

thank you

The "clear cart" button is not a standard osCommerce button or icon , so you will most likely not find it in any of the button or icon packs.

Here are some options:

You can use the button which is included in the clear cart add-on/contribution

or

You can make a new one yourself

or

You can pay someone to make one for you

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought that author of this contribution might be able to do this icon for us,... i guess maybe not :(

Stop whining and complaining...

This is not a general modification needed and/or requested from a significant number of users of this template, so i see no need to make it for the general release.

If you want custom solutions, and are unable to do it yourself, then you should hire someone who can do it for you.

Edited by toyicebear

i thought that author of this contribution might be able to do this icon for us,... i guess maybe not :(

Why should he? He created the whole template for you free.

Now what you are looking for is work unique to your site, so you have to do it yourself or pay someone to do it. It is not within the realms of "support" to conduct custom coding for individuals.

Just realised that the link I put up before was to my localhost .. DOH!

If anyone wants to see this template you can at ..

my dev site

Choose "modern" from the template dropdown, but try to ignore the horribly "thrown up" header

Edited by FWR Media

• 2 months later...
I've downloaded the "Modern Template for RC2a v1.0". Though I need the menu to be horizontal, with no catgory title or box around it. I do not know how to change this??? Has someone created this already?

Have a look around here..

Using this template my site goes up to the javascript displaying everything correctly after that it displays $categorybox $manufacturer box

What did I do wrong

Delmar

Sounds like you are using the version requiering the STS template system , so change version or make sure you have the STS template system installed

Replace all the files from this template, over a clean install of v2.2 RC2. But nothing at all changed ??

It just stayed the same as if I hadn't touched a thing?

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks

Alex

1. Alwasy press CTRL + F5 when viewing your site the first time after having done changes including the stylesheet.css file.

2. Make sure that you have uploaded the files and folders to the right destination, which will depend on if your shop is installed in the root folder or a sub folder.

1. Alwasy press CTRL + F5 when viewing your site the first time after having done changes including the stylesheet.css file.

2. Make sure that you have uploaded the files and folders to the right destination, which will depend on if your shop is installed in the root folder or a sub folder.

Do I copy the entire catalog folder over the old one? Or do I need to open it up and copy file by file?

Thanks

Alex

Hi;

I have a problem with the category boxes. I get the following error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 136

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 144

The code in these lines is:

$cat_subs = array();

foreach($categories_start as $key => $value) {

if(strstr($key, '_' . $parentID . '_E')) {

$cat_subs[$parentID][] = substr($key, 2, strpos($key, "_", 2) - 2);

}

}

// if (!isset($_GET['cPath'])) {

foreach ($cat_subs[$parentID] as $v) { //$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)

$categories = $categories_start['S_' . $v . '_' . $parentID . '_E'];

I have not modified the code included in the template to have multiple categories and subcategories.

Could you help me, please?

Hi;

I have a problem with the category boxes. I get the following error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 136

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 144

The code in these lines is:

$cat_subs = array();

foreach($categories_start as $key => $value) {

if(strstr($key, '_' . $parentID . '_E')) {

$cat_subs[$parentID][] = substr($key, 2, strpos($key, "_", 2) - 2);

}

}

// if (!isset($_GET['cPath'])) {

foreach ($cat_subs[$parentID] as $v) { //$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)

$categories = $categories_start['S_' . $v . '_' . $parentID . '_E'];

I have not modified the code included in the template to have multiple categories and subcategories.

Could you help me, please?

Following the included instructions you should get no such errors, so do go over your modifications again.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm a Newbie to website building - have installed OSC 2.2 rc2a, then STSv458, then the modernrc2a template - but I can't get things like "My Account" to work. I just get the following error with anything on the top menu bar:

click "My Account" - The server can not find the requested page:

<mysitename>/account.php (port 443)

click "Cart Contents" - The server can not find the requested page:

<mysitename>/shopping_cart.php (port 443)

click "Checkout" - The server can not find the requested page:

<mysitename>/checkout_shipping.php (port 443)

These files are on my root dir (where I installed OSC) - but I'm still not sure how all this hangs together once I've installed STS & I'm pointed at the modernrc2a template.

If someone could point me at some documentation on how to switch common features on I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Silver

Hi,

I'm a Newbie to website building - have installed OSC 2.2 rc2a, then STSv458, then the modernrc2a template - but I can't get things like "My Account" to work. I just get the following error with anything on the top menu bar:

click "My Account" - The server can not find the requested page:

<mysitename>/account.php (port 443)

click "Cart Contents" - The server can not find the requested page:

<mysitename>/shopping_cart.php (port 443)

click "Checkout" - The server can not find the requested page:

<mysitename>/checkout_shipping.php (port 443)

These files are on my root dir (where I installed OSC) - but I'm still not sure how all this hangs together once I've installed STS & I'm pointed at the modernrc2a template.

If someone could point me at some documentation on how to switch common features on I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Silver

To get help with the STS version of the template you should head over to the STS support tread.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

My apologies for such a novice question, but I have not been able to find instructions on installing this template?

How does one go about it?

I am new to OS Commerce, so please excuse the extremely stupid question.

Thanks,

Marc

Hi Folks,

My apologies for such a novice question, but I have not been able to find instructions on installing this template?

How does one go about it?

I am new to OS Commerce, so please excuse the extremely stupid question.

Thanks,

Marc

Instructions are included with the download

Hi, i've installed this template.

How do I change the thumbnail picture to the left instead of at the right?

Any ways to put the Add to cart button beside the thumbnail picture instead of at the bottom?

Thanks.

Hi, i've installed this template.

How do I change the thumbnail picture to the left instead of at the right?

Any ways to put the Add to cart button beside the thumbnail picture instead of at the bottom?

Thanks.

Yes its possible, you can edit this file product_info.php

• 4 months later...

Hi; thank you very much for this template, looks real nice....

I just installed it but I got a little detail with 1 arrow. The arrow on the rigth top box that corresponds for the Shooping Cart Box is a little unaligned down with the horizontal text... what can I edit to fix it...

Thanks!!

Hi; thank you very much for this template, looks real nice....

I just installed it but I got a little detail with 1 arrow. The arrow on the rigth top box that corresponds for the Shooping Cart Box is a little unaligned down with the horizontal text... what can I edit to fix it...

Thanks!!

eighter in..

includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php

or

includes/classes/boxes.php

or simply the image itself in..

images/infobox/

I have istalled this template and only saw a few thing change have uploaded every file and this is how it looks like now

link

i know some one is going to say i replace the wrong images at the wrong place this is how my admin give me my details

/home/johansp1/public_html/

/home/johansp1/public_html//includes

i have notice i have no catalog folder must not have named it during the install process was told to say nothing(siteground)

can someone please help