• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modern Template for RC2a

toyicebear

I still have a broken image on my site.

Can anyone tell me if the image to the right of "Whats New" is broken. I have two workstations and the image is broken on both machines and in both Firefox & IE browsers.

When I right click the broken image its name is "table_background_default.gif&w=50&h=50" and I can see it in my images folder via ftp.

Why isn't it properly displayed?

My site is HERE.

Its an image located in the /images/ folder named table_background_products_new.gif

Check for it there...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that didn't work. It fixed the front page but all other pages in the main page segment are too broad. Which part of the header.php code handles the width of all pages that appear in the central content segment?

I'm playing around with the <body> segment on the header file but is seems to manipulate the position of the right and left columns when I only what to change the width of the central box.

The stylesheet.css and includes/header.php settings controls the whole site width.

If you wish to only adjust the center part and not column right and left, you can do so by editing each individual file.... Like index.php , products_info.php , products_new.php and so on

Edited by toyicebear

In the products listing, how can you disable showing of the amount of stock and the weight?

Normally those do not show as default...

There are settings for what to show and not show in the shop admin under configuration >> product listing

Thanks for your answer

Can you help me by my main problem with this template

in the table category the catgory and the quantity and its not of are in different lines

books

(1)

I need this in this way

books (1)

How can i change this?

norbertfromlinz

You can do one of the following 2 options..

1. Go into your shops admin and under configuration >> my store

set show category count to false

or

2. edit this file includes/boxes/categories.php

Thanks for your answer

in the moment i have made a new test installation and now everything works well. Maybe the first test installation was a little different.

But one thing i want to change because it looks other then i my first test installation from the template test

In the category table the undercategories are shown as extra menus going to the right side and the next undercategory does it the same way (when mouse touches this menue).

But I want to have the undercategkories inside my categorie menue

At the moment it looks like this

categorie

AAAA.. A1A1A1A1(1)..A2A2A2(1)

BBBB .......................A3A3A3

CCCC........................A4A4A4

i want a category menue that t works like in normal standard installation

AAAA

.. A1A1A1A1(1)

.....A2A2A2A2(1)

.... A3A3A3A3

BBBB

CCCC

How can i do this?

thanks for help

norbertfromlinz

Its an image located in the /images/ folder named table_background_products_new.gif

Check for it there...

Yes table_background_products_new.gif is in my images folder. For the broken front page image I was given this code for getting rid of it:

<!-- image removed
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
//-->

Looks like I will have to do that for the other pages which have broken images:

/shop/product_thumb.php?img=images/table_background_cart.gif&w=50&h=50

/shop/product_thumb.php?img=images/table_background_login.gif&w=50&h=50

If there is a solution let me know, I would rather not have to remove the images.

Now the small images for categories and manufacturers displays with no trouble. Its just the frontpage, cart, and login images that are broken.

my nick is bushman...as in herbal tea remedy.

Thanks for your answer

in the moment i have made a new test installation and now everything works well. Maybe the first test installation was a little different.

But one thing i want to change because it looks other then i my first test installation from the template test

In the category table the undercategories are shown as extra menus going to the right side and the next undercategory does it the same way (when mouse touches this menue).

But I want to have the undercategkories inside my categorie menue

At the moment it looks like this

categorie

AAAA.. A1A1A1A1(1)..A2A2A2(1)

BBBB .......................A3A3A3

CCCC........................A4A4A4

i want a category menue that t works like in normal standard installation

AAAA

.. A1A1A1A1(1)

.....A2A2A2A2(1)

.... A3A3A3A3

BBBB

CCCC

How can i do this?

thanks for help

norbertfromlinz

You use another categories box for your site....

There are plenty of alternatives available in the add-ons/contributions section.

Yes table_background_products_new.gif is in my images folder. For the broken front page image I was given this code for getting rid of it:

<!-- image removed
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
//-->

Looks like I will have to do that for the other pages which have broken images:

/shop/product_thumb.php?img=images/table_background_cart.gif&w=50&h=50

/shop/product_thumb.php?img=images/table_background_login.gif&w=50&h=50

If there is a solution let me know, I would rather not have to remove the images.

Now the small images for categories and manufacturers displays with no trouble. Its just the frontpage, cart, and login images that are broken.

This is caused by the automatic thumbnailer from BDP , it does not alow images to be resized upwards of a certain aspect ratio.

1. You can remove these images directly in the files

or

2. you can add up images in a larger size in the /images/ folder

These images are now just 1x1 px transparent gifs

You can replace them with images from the original oscommerce or one of the image packs from the contributions section

or you can simply make larger transparent gifs

Edited by toyicebear

This is caused by the automatic thumbnailer from BDP , it does not alow images to be resized upwards of a certain aspect ratio.

1. You can remove these images directly in the files

or

2. you can add up images in a larger size in the /images/ folder

These images are now just 1x1 px transparent gifs

You can replace them with images from the original oscommerce or one of the image packs from the contributions section

or you can simply make larger transparent gifs

ok thanks. If I make them larger it would be 50px right?

ok thanks. If I make them larger it would be 50px right?

Depends on the image size you have set in admin..but 50px should be ok..

In the Modern template css stylesheet I put a 3 column background image in the fixed center that looks like this:

.fixcenter {
 width: 990px;
 background: url(images/contents_bg.png);
 color: #000000;
 margin: auto;
 margin-top: 20px;
 text-align: left;
}

I changed the background image for the header to none:

TR.header {
 background: none;
}

The problem is that the background image for the fixed center bleeds into the header segment. I tried limiting it by adding a no repeat parameter but it just ends up at the top of the page as the 1px height, 990px width png image that it is.

You can see it here.

How do I limit the background image for the fixed center so that the header doesn't have the 3 column image behind it?

thank you.

Edited by bushman

Do you ever check up and read up on any info for yourself at all before posting a question in the support forum?

Read my basic for osc design tread followed by reading some basic html and css tutrorials ... and you should be able to achive the wanted effect without any problems at all.

Edited by toyicebear

Do you ever check up and read up on any info for yourself at all before posting a question in the support forum?

Read my basic for osc design tread followed by reading some basic html and css tutrorials ... and you should be able to achive the wanted effect without any problems at all.

Well I guess I've been told.

Seriously, I was not asking a basic question about how to change a background image. I have been reading and learning a lot this past week. Guess it doesn't show to an expert such as yourself.

It seemed odd that the transparent background image from the fixed center segment (not the body background) was bleeding up into the header. I did have a background image for the header which covered the bleed but it looked funny in IE6 even with an IEPNG fix. After wrestling with it for hours, reading up on setting height, width and repeat limits on images and none of them working I figured only peeps with advanced knowledge could tackle it.

But never mind, I'll figure it out on my own.

Thanks for the help. So far you've been great.

Cya.

I use catalog_oscommerce-2.2rc1-FR-w3c-3

I am not sure what version that is...

But using the template on any standard oscommerce 2.2 version does not create any such problems.

You need to check the file in your version against the replacment files in the template package and make sure any custom coding in your osc version is merged into the template replacment files.

Edited by toyicebear

I have just converted the Modern Template for RC2a ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,6094/page,5) into a STS Template to be used with the Simple Template System.

You can download it at the STS Power Pack site (a site dedicated to All STS Addons).

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4456

Enjoy!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 2 weeks later...

Hi toyicebear,

First I want to begin by saying I think this is a fantastic template. It's clean, attractive, simple and professional. I intend to use it as a default skin for any new installations I do in the future.

So, thank you for creating this and sharing it with us.

I have a question regarding the CSS flyout menu.

I've turned on the option to IncludeProducts and that works fine. However, the links to individual products don't seem to be including the session ID. They're included in the category links, but not product links. So, as a result OSC creates a new session for the visitor when they click a product link from the flyout menu.

I'm puzzling over the code in includes/boxes/categories.php trying to figure out how to pass the variable to those links, but haven't found the trick yet. Got any tips?

Thanks again for a great contribution.

Nice template toyicebear.

If anyone wants to see it you can at ..

my dev site

Choose "modern" from the template dropdown, but try to ignore the horribly "thrown up" header :)

Hi toyicebear,

First I want to begin by saying I think this is a fantastic template. It's clean, attractive, simple and professional. I intend to use it as a default skin for any new installations I do in the future.

So, thank you for creating this and sharing it with us.

I have a question regarding the CSS flyout menu.

I've turned on the option to IncludeProducts and that works fine. However, the links to individual products don't seem to be including the session ID. They're included in the category links, but not product links. So, as a result OSC creates a new session for the visitor when they click a product link from the flyout menu.

I'm puzzling over the code in includes/boxes/categories.php trying to figure out how to pass the variable to those links, but haven't found the trick yet. Got any tips?

Thanks again for a great contribution.

CSS Menu Support Tread

• 2 weeks later...
hi,

i am using clear cart addon but button included its not matching your style

is it possibel if you can do a `Clear Cart` Button for me please?

thank you

please guys i need this icon badly, or if somebody can recommend other icon set to use with this template

thank you