• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A Good UK payment module?

jeremyisherwood

Hi I'm looking for a good simple to install on an already mod'ed install a payment module that will allow me to accept the usual cards visa, mastercard, amex and uk maestro with an issue and start date along with the CVV number.

I DONT WANT A MODULE TO PROCESS THE PAYMENT I have my own terminal to do that.

Can anybody suggest somthing they have used and has been simple to install?

Thanks for looking and any help you can offer.

Jeremy Isherwood

Holding that data on your server so you can process the CC manually requires you to pass a shed load of tests set by the credit card comopanies.

Have you investigated these requirements?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Holding that data on your server so you can process the CC manually requires you to pass a shed load of tests set by the credit card comopanies.

Have you investigated these requirements?

If they are deleted from the server, what's the issue?

Jeremy Isherwood

The issue is that they could be compromised at any point before they are deleted - if your network & server don't meet the PCI regulations then they could be vulnerable to any type of attack - some attempt to take any details stored on the server, others hack your code to send CC details the moment they are received.

Aside from the security issues, your merchant agreement for your manual terminal WILL specifically prevent you from processing online transactions as manual CNP (card not present) transactions making you liable to losing your merchant account and being black listed if discovered.

It doesn't cost much to signup with an online processor, esp when compared to the potential fines/liabilites you could expose yourself to.

Read this post for some more information

If they are deleted from the server, what's the issue?

In addition to what he said above it is against card association regulations to store the CVV2 number..... You can lose your merchant account for doing this and put your consumers at serious risk. Its a bad practice and gives online merchants a bad name.