• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help

Looks like I've completely messed up Hit RESET by mistake and it's done something bad I've got this

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /var/www/ironbench.co.uk/includes/application_top.php on line 312

I was having trouble with a parse error

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Thanks germ the word fatal nearly did form me never mind the site.

The parse error happened when i tried to change some text

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'Welcome to Iron bench company.'<b>Any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed'</b>. Any

What am I doing wrong ( other than trying to do this whole thing myself)

Cheers

the parse error is

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /var/www/ironbench.co.uk/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

the parse error is

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /var/www/ironbench.co.uk/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

Hi Jim

Somehow I've managed to wipe the whole index.php is there anywhere I can get a copy of the whole default version and start again

Cheers

If all you've edited is TEXT_MAIN in the language folder index.php, copy/paste this default text back into it:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project, products shown are for demonstrational purposes, <b>any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed</b>. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Error Messages</b><br><br>If there are any error or warning messages shown above, please correct them first before proceeding.<br><br>Error messages are displayed at the very top of the page with a complete <span class="messageStackError">background</span> color.<br><br>Several checks are performed to ensure a healthy setup of your online store - these checks can be disabled by editing the appropriate parameters at the bottom of the includes/application_top.php file.</td></tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/2.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Editing Page Texts</b><br><br>The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:<br><br><nobr class="messageStackSuccess">[path to catalog]/includes/languages/' . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT . '</nobr><br><br>That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the <nobr class="messageStackSuccess">Languages->' . ucfirst($language) . '->Define</nobr> or <nobr class="messageStackSuccess">Tools->File Manager</nobr> modules.<br><br>The text is set in the following manner:<br><br><nobr>define(\'TEXT_MAIN\', \'<span class="messageStackSuccess">This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...</span>\');</nobr><br><br>The text highlighted in green may be modified - it is important to keep the define() of the TEXT_MAIN keyword. To remove the text for TEXT_MAIN completely, the following example is used where only two single quote characters exist:<br><br><nobr>define(\'TEXT_MAIN\', \'\');</nobr><br><br>More information concerning the PHP define() function can be read <a href="http://www.php.net/define" target="_blank"><u>here</u></a>.</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/3.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Securing The Administration Tool</b><br><br>It is important to secure the Administration Tool as there is currently no security implementation available.</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/4.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Online Documentation</b><br><br>Online documentation can be read at the <a href="http://www.oscommerce.info" target="_blank"><u>osCommerce Knowledge Base</u></a> site.<br><br>Community support is available at the <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/forums" target="_blank"><u>osCommerce Community Support Forums</u></a> site.</td></tr></table><br>If you wish to download the solution powering this shop, or if you wish to contribute to the osCommerce project, please visit the <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank"><u>support site of osCommerce</u></a>. This shop is running on osCommerce version <font color="#f0000"><b>' . PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.');

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Hi Jim

Somehow I've managed to wipe the whole index.php is there anywhere I can get a copy of the whole default version and start again

Cheers

The whole of the index.php box was empty

But if TEXT_MAIN is screwed up it will do that.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

The whole of the index.php box was empty

OK got it back thanks very much

I'm learning this thing the hard way.

Thankfully there are people like you available on here. You're a credit to the community.

Thanks again

Start making a backup of any file before you edit it.

If you have a problem, just replace the bad file with the backup and start again.

You'll be spared a lot of grief if you do this.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived