• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My first contrib, not much but can save some time!

skeedo

The purpose of this modification is to basically make the life

easier of those of you whom rely heavily on the comments box

to give your customer information about their order.

See a screenshot here: http://www.skeedo.com/images/comment_bar.gif

Download here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,869

Someone may have already made something like this but I was too lazy to check! :wink:

Nice. I like this quite a bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

now that you have got the "idea", why not using orders_status to set the text directly.

when you change an orders status to another, most time the comment to add is the same, so you can change orders_status table to define the new comment in each language you use in your shop and then retrieve this comment to add when updating orders_status without the need to click on an other button....

maybe this should be implemented by Thomas Moulton and added in the workboard :

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/workboard,39

now that you have got the "idea", why not using orders_status to set the text directly.

when you change an orders status to another, most time the comment to add is the same, so you can change orders_status table to define the new comment in each language you use in your shop and then retrieve this comment to add when updating orders_status without the need to click on an other button....

maybe this should be implemented by Thomas Moulton and added in the workboard :http://www.oscommerce.com/community/workboard,39

Going to be doing something similar in the next version. When you click a button it will insert text as well as select the appropriate order status for you.

Thanks for the comments guys, glad to help out!

Great contribution, will save loads of time thanks. :D Is there any way it could be done so that it just adds the comments to what is there already rather than overwriting the existing comments? if it can't be done no worries it will still be a godsend but if it could......

Best wishes

Steve

i have made a change to DOS_Pyment to append auto comment that can be defined in orders_status for each language

already in my cvs :)

i'll prepare package for contrib soon

• 2 years later...

Just uploaded a new file to fix the error caused by using

"require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_COMMENT_BAR);".

Simply added the following line to admin/includes/filename.php

//Comment Bar
define('FILENAME_COMMENT_BAR', 'comment_bar.php');

Added it to the readme/install doc as step 4.

HTH

Cheers

Fatmcgav

Hi

Yes indeed a great little tool and so easy to install.

It even works on MS2.1

Please add in your instructions that you have to add a line in

filename.php (MS2.2) or in application_top.php(MS2.1)

// order comment tool bar v3.0 add *rich 2005-02-12 
define('FILENAME_COMMENT_BAR', 'comment_bar.php');

otherwise the contrib will not work nor show in order.php the right way.

One more thing.

I tryed it out and I was not aware that once I push one of the new buttons, it will send out the message to the customer.

In my case I prefer to have the text only displayed in the text field and I have to push "update" (send) myself. This way I have a chance to check it or if I pushed the wrong button I can correct it.

can you implement that change please? or anyone else who is using the contrib???!

All over a very usefull and great contrib. could be used also in the when you add a new product. I have always a few sentences that are the same or almost the same, so there it could help as well...

Keep up the good work

Rich