• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please provide feedback on our store

amitxox

Please provide some valuable feedback on our store and any tips on increasing more traffic to the site/SEO would be appreciated or any other loopholes or improvements or suggestions.

Here is the link, www.underthesunstore.com

Thanks

Amit

live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site. Not only is the osCommerce solution being used, but valuable feedback will also be presented by the osCommerce community.

live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site. Not only is the osCommerce solution being used, but valuable feedback will also be presented by the osCommerce community.

I am sorry but I will add re-add the "Powered by osCommerce" text. I did not intend to remove it. I think that was omission during one of the updates.

Amit

Slav,

What file is the text "Powered by osCommerce" part of ? I mean where should I add it so it appears on every page. Is it a part of the footer.

Please do let me know.

Thanks

Amit

Slav,

What file is the text "Powered by osCommerce" part of ? I mean where should I add it so it appears on every page. Is it a part of the footer.

Please do let me know.

Thanks

Amit

Yes.

Go into includes/footer.php

Add the code:

<p>Powered by osCommerce</p>

That's it

Thanks for that (adding code).

Here's some thoughts from moi:

1. I like your logo - but it seems a little dark on the left of your banner considering your name has "sun" in it. Maybe brighten up.

2. Left column is a peach colour. Maybe change to a more yellowy colour to match your site.

3. Love your buttons. Nice work.

4. Icons are default (top right of privacy, notifications, reviews as examples). Change these to match yoru site in catalog/images/

5. Images are squished into small holders. Add a contribution that allows you to have one image for your thumbnails and a different larger one for previews. See my site for an example of what I mean (mine uses lightbox): http://www.datamouse.biz/cataog

6. In yuor product descriptions, you can use <p></p> or <br/> to add a line break to yoru descriptions. This will spread your text betetr and make it easier to read that a solid block that you have at the mo.

7. Review stars are default. I would use sun icons, perhaps...

8. Footer hyperlinks have a hover state with the same colour as the background. In effect, they disappear on rollover.

9. SEO: You're not using the Header Tags for SEO contribution. This is worth its weight in gold.

10. Likewise, Ultimate SEO urls is another great contribution that you should consider.

Hope that this helps

Archived