• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Different shipping method for different zones

Can anyone direct me to directions on setting up different shipping (and payment) methods for different zones. I'm having a real hard time with this. I want to limit US shoppers to UPS and Credit Card and all other shoppers to USPS and PayPal. Has anyone done this? Is there a contrib for this? i've looked, there are similar but not quite. Help please.

Actually the zonesworld contrib does not do it for me i think because i am using the UPSXML and USPS modules. Zonesworld seems to stand for its own shipping charges. Even when i try to establish a zone on one of those modules i do not get the zonesworld zones as an option.

I'm back to square one. Is there really no one out there that has tried to do this? I'm getting desperate...

Actually the zonesworld contrib does not do it for me i think because i am using the UPSXML and USPS modules. Zonesworld seems to stand for its own shipping charges. Even when i try to establish a zone on one of those modules i do not get the zonesworld zones as an option.

I'm back to square one. Is there really no one out there that has tried to do this? I'm getting desperate...

create two zones.

Now in shipping module configuration You will get the zone option in drop to select from.

Map the two zones to two different shipping modules.

If this does not makes sense.Do put down Your problem statement with specific example and elaboration.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Here's where i'm having some dificulty:

"create two zones."

In Administration, under "Locations / Taxes" there is "zones". I can insert a new zone here but when i go to the shipping module and open either UPS or USPS modules and open the drop down for shipping zone i do not get the option of choosing that zone i just created. Only a tax zone. When i try to create a new tax zone I cannot be specific as to which location, i can only give it a name. For instance "United States".

"Now in shipping module configuration You will get the zone option in drop to select from."

When i choose the "United States" tax zone, called "shipping zone" in the shipping module, rather than doing what it says: "If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone", it exlcudes that shipping method from shoppers completely.

I want shoppers with United States addresses to only use UPS for shipping and Credit Card or Paypal for purchasing.

I want shoppers outside the US to only use USPS for shipping and PayPal for purchasing.

Thanks for your help.

Here's where i'm having some dificulty:

"create two zones."

In Administration, under "Locations / Taxes" there is "zones". I can insert a new zone here but when i go to the shipping module and open either UPS or USPS modules and open the drop down for shipping zone i do not get the option of choosing that zone i just created. Only a tax zone. When i try to create a new tax zone I cannot be specific as to which location, i can only give it a name. For instance "United States".

"Now in shipping module configuration You will get the zone option in drop to select from."

When i choose the "United States" tax zone, called "shipping zone" in the shipping module, rather than doing what it says: "If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone", it exlcudes that shipping method from shoppers completely.

I want shoppers with United States addresses to only use UPS for shipping and Credit Card or Paypal for purchasing.

I want shoppers outside the US to only use USPS for shipping and PayPal for purchasing.

Thanks for your help.

I want shoppers with United States addresses to only use UPS for shipping >> For this create one zone say USA.

I want shoppers outside the US >> Create ROW (rest of world).

Now install UPS and select Zone as US.

install USPS and select Zone as ROW.

Take Paypal and create one more class from this Payment MOdule(say Paypal ROW).YOu need to make out how to create a duplicate class.

setting Zone to none applies a module to all addresses.So for Paypal this setting will do.

Satish Mantri

I want shoppers with United States addresses to only use UPS for shipping >> For this create one zone say USA.

I want shoppers outside the US >> Create ROW (rest of world).

Now install UPS and select Zone as US.

install USPS and select Zone as ROW.

Take Paypal and create one more class from this Payment MOdule(say Paypal ROW).YOu need to make out how to create a duplicate class.

setting Zone to none applies a module to all addresses.So for Paypal this setting will do.

Satish Mantri

Satish,

Because the only zones i could create and name are the tax zones i followed your instructions and it removed the shipping option completly from the checkout process. A customer actually slipped through and purchased something sans shipping costs but we will contact them about the error. I'm beginning to think i cannot easily do what i hoped i could. Thanks for your help, though. I appreciate it.

Can You state what all You did.

As I feel You didnt followed all the steps needed.

Satish

Can You state what all You did.

As I feel You didnt followed all the steps needed.

Satish

I set up two zones - USA and ROW, in "tax zones".

I then chose these zones in each of the shipping modules (UPS and USPS) under "shipping zones".

Did YOu add the regions to this ZOnes.

Chek the Zones link in the admin >> localization left column.

For a Zone name You need to add/associate region/state did You do that.

Satish

Did YOu add the regions to this ZOnes.

Chek the Zones link in the admin >> localization left column.

For a Zone name You need to add/associate region/state did You do that.

Satish

I'm using Oscommerce version 2.2 MS2.

There is no 'zones' link under 'localization'. Under 'localization' are the links 'currencies', 'languages' and 'order status'. Under 'Locations / Taxes' there are the links 'countries', 'zones', 'tax zones', 'tax classes' and 'tax rates'.

To create a new zone under the 'zones' link i must choose 'zones name', zones code' and then choose from the list of countries. But any zone i create here is not available to choose as a 'shipping zone' in the shipping modules - only a tax zone. What am i missing!?!?!?

To a tax Zone How Do You add the regions just chek and You will get the idea.

Just double click on the list displayed in Tax Zone and You will find further list or an insert option.Explore How it is working and will clarify.

else look at some document.

This is from the PDF (documentation.pdf)that comes with RC2.

How to Setup Your Taxes

In admin, under Locations/Taxes, click on "Tax Zones"

Click on the "new zone" button. In the Zone Name: input field I enter "CA"

For Description I enter "California". Click on "insert"

After you click insert, you will see CA show up in the list. You think you're done, but not

quite!

Click on the "CA" (or whatever name you have!) in the list and you will see the heading

say "Geographical Zones / CA"

Here you see a "new zone" button again. Click on it!

Now you get to select a geographical zone. From Country, I Select United States

From Region, Select California. Click "update"

A few more steps to go! Now under "Locations/Taxes" click on "Tax Rates"

Click on "new tax rate" button

Select "Taxable Goods" from the Tax Class Title drop down menu

From the Zone menu, select CA (or whatever zone you created)

In the Tax Rate field enter the tax percentage

In the Description, enter the description, e.g. "California Sales Tax"

Now you're done!

Satish

To a tax Zone How Do You add the regions just chek and You will get the idea.

Just double click on the list displayed in Tax Zone and You will find further list or an insert option.Explore How it is working and will clarify.

else look at some document.

This is from the PDF (documentation.pdf)that comes with RC2.

How to Setup Your Taxes

In admin, under Locations/Taxes, click on "Tax Zones"

Click on the "new zone" button. In the Zone Name: input field I enter "CA"

For Description I enter "California". Click on "insert"

After you click insert, you will see CA show up in the list. You think you're done, but not

quite!

Click on the "CA" (or whatever name you have!) in the list and you will see the heading

say "Geographical Zones / CA"

Here you see a "new zone" button again. Click on it!

Now you get to select a geographical zone. From Country, I Select United States

From Region, Select California. Click "update"

A few more steps to go! Now under "Locations/Taxes" click on "Tax Rates"

Click on "new tax rate" button

Select "Taxable Goods" from the Tax Class Title drop down menu

From the Zone menu, select CA (or whatever zone you created)

In the Tax Rate field enter the tax percentage

In the Description, enter the description, e.g. "California Sales Tax"

Now you're done!

Satish

We must be using different versions of OSCommerce because it wasn't quite worded that way but i went ahead and installed a new tax zone (called 'US') and then in 'details' i added each state to that zone. This would create a new "tax zone" with all 50 states and DC under the name 'US'. I would then choose that zone under "shipping zones" in the UPS module. According to the UPS module "If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone." which should give me what i am looking for.

But it did not. UPS as well as USPS are available to shoppers in the US. But it did limit shoppers outside the US to USPS. So, i doesn't really "only enable that shipping method for that zone", it excludes that shipping method for all other zones. I suppose the next step is to create a tax zone with every other country in the world besides the US and apply that to the USPS module. This should only allow shoppers in the US to use UPS for shipping. We'll see.

Thanks again, Satish.