• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product listing sort order

spooks

@@oxwivi

Your mistaken, this thread refers to code that appeared in osC2.2 in order to locate the area that requires alteration, it did not call for the code to be changed,

ie 2.2 has the line:

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('^[1-8][ad]$', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {

which was unchanged by this mod.

but in 2.3 that line became

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!preg_match('/^[1-8][ad]$/', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {

which should also be left un-changed, what you did was replace the new 2.3 code with old 2.2 code un-neccesarily

Also as the page Bruyndoncx pointed states, you cannot simply replace ereg with preg, you must use the appropriate replacement function and modify the regex.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh. Admittedly, I didn't read the first post all that carefully. I found that the line you mentioned fit the pattern, hence I went about replacing those. This calls for a review.

• 4 months later...

I have read through the thread, but can't seem to find any solution to showing products by latest added first. I have tried all the things I have seen here (and because the first post had some now obsolete code, I tried to just remove the lines removed, etc) So is there anyway to show latest added product first in the product listing? The best I could get was showing the first one added as the first item, but when I switched the page number it went back to alphabetically again.. =/ I have the latest version of osc.

Archived