• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback on Sky Lantern site

toughmama

did you change the 1 to a 0 though??

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

when you say nothings working.. giving us an idea on HOW it is not working would help

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

when you say nothings working.. giving us an idea on HOW it is not working would help
Nothing changed, and nothing was added when either 0 ~ 3 were added, and or .gif , maybe needs a placeholder, but no idea how to add in PHP.

Feel free to call me so I can explain further, 616.667.1090 (or toll # free on site), skype me "SkyLanterns.com", or instant chat via my site.

The picture place holder is there... but there is NO link to make it book mark the website.

Only TEXT is linkable for bookmarking... and I'm not able to get the picture itself to tied into the are whee it is linkable click.

Does that help explain it... as you can see, I made the picture there... but it does not work.

i see what you are saying.. I'm trying to figure it out with you, but i'm not php coder either.. i'm just guessing at it.

i think you might need to find the support thread for the contribution. it will be on the page you got the contribution from..

is there a settings section in the admin part of your site?>

is there a settings section in the admin part of your site?

===> NOT that i could see... and I looked hard! I'mnot a coder either... like you, I just play and add, and delete.

I'll look further. gotta be a way. Thanks for all your suggestions...

...it kick started me changing the look again... I finally turned off the NEW products for the month on the idex page (deleted the php code)... I found it took longer for the site to load. At the same time, I run out of items and change them, so technically, they will always be new once you make a change,.. right?

...Anyway... that feature is gone now.... not really important for my site.

you cant just delete code from a page and think its all done.. you need to uninstall entire modules..

you cant just delete code from a page and think its all done.. you need to uninstall entire modules..

delete was such a strong word... I just add ' // ' to make code not workable. Maybe one day I'll use.

--

That comment from Burton about mish mash... is my site that bad? I just wanted to highlight the product more using bold, size and color to bring out the product's attributes (Since the Jolt Bug Zappers and Sky Lanterns are such unique items). I personally hate small fonts and and have to squint to read... I (I may speack Chinese, but I certainly don't want to look it)

well, it is mix matched. The blue is really not a good choice for any color as a link unless you have colors that match blue. Blue and red do not match AT ALL in a graphics world unless they are duller colors of each.

It just needs some cleaning up. Make everything match everything else.

Like the headers on your boxes. They look good, but try putting that same image somewhere else to make it tie in to the rest of the site..

the links on the columns definitely look a LOT better. They fit with the theme of the store now.

At this point, i would go through all of the links (like in your product description) and get rid of the blue. Same with the turqoise color on the bottom. It also does not match from a design standpoint.

the date stamp with that odd number on the top right can be taken away. I dont see a need for that at all

you have bug zapping rackets and JOLT rackets, which seem to be the same thing.. you might want to re-organize that

the pictures of your rackets are taken on top of a carpet. It would look more professional if you could get a big piece of white paper to put the rackets on. Any images like that remind me of ebay and peopel selling out of their houses. Even if you do sell out of your house, you dont really want it known

• 3 weeks later...

OK... I think I've made great strides...

I improved the index page, so I at least have more in-depth product information available before they had over to the shop side of it.

I changed the colors around, so they should be a bit more appealing.

I changed my box displays to and added little balloons instead our other logo accent.

I moved my Online Chat Icon to the top, instead of the side column.

I changed my Online Support Chat to a better company which not only gives you their IP address, but states what city they are from too, and the actual prompt to chat actually works (vs. Volusion that did not).

It cost $99 for 1 year... a bargain to make thos extra sales count... It paid for itself in the 4th sale.

Thanks again for all your help...

Keep your views coming.

Thanks,

Todd

http://theskylantern.com

OK... I think I've made great strides...

I improved the index page, so I at least have more in-depth product information available before they had over to the shop side of it.

I changed the colors around, so they should be a bit more appealing.

I changed my box displays to and added little balloons instead our other logo accent.

I moved my Online Chat Icon to the top, instead of the side column.

I changed my Online Support Chat to a better company which not only gives you their IP address, but states what city they are from too, and the actual prompt to chat actually works (vs. Volusion that did not).

It cost $99 for 1 year... a bargain to make thos extra sales count... It paid for itself in the 4th sale.

Thanks again for all your help...

Keep your views coming.

Thanks,

Todd

http://theskylantern.com

You need to have Powered by OSCommerce in your footer in order for you to get any feedback on this website.

You need to have Powered by OSCommerce in your footer in order for you to get any feedback on this website.

It is there... Go to pricing where shop is run... bottom left in footer :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

No Title in pages... no set code. How to fix?

I'm having problems getting some pages without a title, and there are also no meta tags description in the source code.

I have SEO installed, and configured the header_tags.php under "\includes\languages\english\"

I did not touch the header_tags.php data under "\includes\" or "includes\functions"

---

Any idea how to make it so pages like these below also have tags and title? <title> </title>

i.e.

https://theskylantern.com/shop/login.php

http://theskylantern.com/shop/shop_by_price.php

http://theskylantern.com/shop/reach_us.php

http://theskylantern.com/shop/comments.php

Thanks,... Todd

Archived