• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modifying Sub Category Image & Text Links

Hi, I am rather new to OSC and followed your tip in the first post to remove text and images when a category/subcategory is clicked. Worked fine - thx!

But, Until I reach a sub category that has products I would like to have the first page (index.php) shown. Can you help me out with this?

Hans

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Not really, but I can try to be more specific.

When you arrive to the site you see the categories colapsed and you have the welcome page (index). As soon as I now click a category (with sub categories), the welcome text disapear and is changed to a blank page with only a header (named the sub category name).

What I would like is to have the welcome page/text in the main window until I reach a subcategory with products in it. Then I would like to products in that cetegory to be displayed.

Hope this is clear enough and look forward to a helping hand ;-)

Hans

Hi there

I've come pretty far without asking stupid (solved) questions thanks to the stuff being discussed on this board.

look at my TESTSHOP:

http://www.pact-shop.com/catalog

Well now my "first" question

where do we change the number of category links per row...?

Or to be more precise ...HOW?

http://www.pact-shop.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23_1

look at the linked page. As you can see it would look a lot better if 1st row had 2 links and 2nd row the next 2 links.

I don't even know if I'm looking in the right place

/catalog/index.php

<?php
if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
  $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
  for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
	$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
	if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
	  // do nothing, go through the loop
	} else {
	  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
	  break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
	}
  }
} else {
  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
}

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
  $rows++;
  $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
  $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';

echo '				<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) /*. '<br>' . $categories['categories_name']*/ . '</a></td>' . "\n";
  if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
	echo '			  </tr>' . "\n";
	echo '			  <tr>' . "\n";
  }
}

My bad..

Sorry forget that "stupid" question.

Problem is solved

I guess I just didn't read that one line in the first post...

thanks for this great thread

Hi,

Not really, but I can try to be more specific.

When you arrive to the site you see the categories colapsed and you have the welcome page (index). As soon as I now click a category (with sub categories), the welcome text disapear and is changed to a blank page with only a header (named the sub category name).

What I would like is to have the welcome page/text in the main window until I reach a subcategory with products in it. Then I would like to products in that cetegory to be displayed.

Hope this is clear enough and look forward to a helping hand ;-)

Hans

You need to understand how the index page works. It is broken into 3 seperate parts.

1. Top. This is the home page. This is when you first enter your site.

2. Nested. This is when you click on a category/subcategory that has subcategories but no products.

3. Products. This is when you click on a category/subcategory that has products or select a manufacturer from the drop down list.

As long as you have products, they should show either through the new_products module or the products_listing module.

If you do not have products or they are sold out/out of stock, then you may want to try the Enable/Disable Categories contrib. That will hide categories/subcategories thatdo not have any produts.

Is that what you're after?

Hi Brian,

Currently i'm using Easy Populate (EP) to import/export my product to the catalog database for new product with/out image.

The problem that i'm facing now is that when i trying to import the image link

(example: www.abc.com/directory/testing/testimage.jpg) from my remote site using EP, it doesn't display in my admin side of the sub categories for the new product of the image.

Is there a way to grab the image from the remote site without modifying the adding new product page php by using some feature like getting the image from remote site from the contribution like

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4920 while using EP to import the remote site link for the image?

Thanks in advance! :)

I have added some sub categories as a test and noticed that when you click on the parent category now it also displays the description which it does not do for any of my other categories where I do not have sub categories.

Please take a look at www.comfyearplugs.com and check the children earplugs. You will see that when you click on this link you are also given a description of the category whereas when you click on foam earplugs that is not the case.

I would really like to see the category description displayed for all my products. Does anyone know how to do this?

Regards. Peter.

I have built an online store solely with the help of this forum.

I have added some sub categories as a test and noticed that when you click on the parent category now it also displays the description which it does not do for any of my other categories where I do not have sub categories.

Please take a look at www.comfyearplugs.com and check the children earplugs. You will see that when you click on this link you are also given a description of the category whereas when you click on foam earplugs that is not the case.

I would really like to see the category description displayed for all my products. Does anyone know how to do this?

Regards. Peter.

If you've installed a contribution to show the cat descriptions then you may want to check that support thread. If this is a template then you may want to check with your template provider.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering how you display a banner on a specific category page below the subcategory images and links.

I am guessing in a data cell below or around this in index.php

<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>

I am using this code from banner manager to call images

<?php

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', 'Banner_group')) {

?>

<tr>

<td align="center">

<?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

So I am thinking you have to place the banner code, while specifying the category page/id. But not sure how to implement this.

Ashley

I'm sure there is a better way of doing this but this is what I came up with. You may want to check things out to make sure it works. I did not test it with the start/expire times.

You can use your category_id as a banner group. Using demo of OSC as an example, Hardware has a category_id of 1. In admin when you create a new banner make the banner group 1.

In catalog/index.php find

// needed for the new products module shown below
$new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>

Just below that add

<?php
// Begin Category Banner
 if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic',  $current_category_id)) {
?>
	  <tr>
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
		   <tr>
			 <td align="center"><?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
<?php
 }
// End Category Banner
?>

$current_category_id is now looking for your banner group which is your category_id. You can use multiple banners with this as well.

I also figured out a way to put this in your includes/footer.php. I am using Banner_group since that is what you have listed above. Find

<?php
 if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', 'Banner_group')) {
?>
<br>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

Replace with

<?php
 if ((basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_DEFAULT) && (!empty($current_category_id)) && ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic',  $current_category_id))) {
$banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic',  $current_category_id);
 } else {
$banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic',  'Banner_group');
 }
 if (tep_not_null($banner)) {
?>
<br>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

This line is doing 3 things

if ((basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_DEFAULT) && (!empty($current_category_id)) && ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic',  $current_category_id))) {

1. Checking to make sure we are on the index page

2. Checking to make sure the current_category_id is present

3. Checking to make sure tep_banner_exists = the current_category_id

If so then your banner will display. If not or you are on the default part of index, selected a manufacturer or are on any other page then your Banner_group will display.

This line checks to make sure there is a banner. If so it will display. If not it won't.

if (tep_not_null($banner)) {

Like I say, I'm sure there is a better way but it seems to work.

Brian

Brian

Wow! That works like a charm. Beautiful solution and simple too.

Thanks Alot!

Glad it works for you. Yes, simple as possible is the best way.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
Glad it works for you. Yes, simple as possible is the best way.

Brian

Hi Brian

Sorry about this - but I have a very similar problem to tny681 which appeared to have not been resolved. I'm still getting an empty box with the image replacement text inside after applying your code to remove the category image and text. I haven't used any templates although my pages are somewhat modified.

Here is a link to a page witht he problem

http://www.theelectric-underground.com/cat...ex.php?cPath=24

And here is my index.php code...Please let me know if you have any ideas on this as I've been pulling my hair out over this for the last 10 hours!!

<?php
/*
 $Id: index.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
 $category_depth = 'top';
 if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
   $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
   $cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
   if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
     $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
   } else {
     $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
     if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
       $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
     } else {
       $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
     }
   }
 }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="790" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" align="center">
 <tr>
   <td width="186" valign="top" background=""><table border="2"  bordercolor="#333333" width="190" cellspacing="6" cellpadding="2" >
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<?php
 if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
         <tr>

</tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
<?php
   if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
     $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
     for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
       $categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
       if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
         // do nothing, go through the loop
       } else {
         $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
         break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
       }
     }
   } else {
     $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
   }

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
   while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
     $rows++;
     $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
     $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
     //echo '                <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
     if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
       echo '              </tr>' . "\n";
       echo '              <tr>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// needed for the new products module shown below
   $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
            <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
   $define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
                        );

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
   reset($define_list);
   while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
     if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
   }

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
     switch ($column_list[$i]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
         break;
     }
   }

// show the products of a specified manufacturer

//$select_colunm_list .= " pd.products_url, "; //ALTAMIRO
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
     }
   } else {
// show the products in a given categorie
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     }
   }

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('^[1-8][ad]$', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
     for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
       if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
         $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
         break;
       }
     }
   } else {
     $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
     $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);

switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $listing_sql .= " order by m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
         $listing_sql .= " order by final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
     }
   }
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
         <tr>

<?php
// optional Product List Filter
   if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
       $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
     } else {
       $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
     }
     $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
     if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
       echo '            <td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
       } else {
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
       }
       echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
       while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
         $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
       }
       echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
       echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form></td>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// Get the right image for the top-right
   $image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
     $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
     $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
     $image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
   } elseif ($current_category_id) {
     $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
     $image = $image['categories_image'];
   }
?>
           <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><!--ALTAMIRO --><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 } else { // default page
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="4" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
         <tr>

</tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main" align="center"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
            <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); ?></td>
         </tr>
<?php
   include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 }
?>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="186" valign="top" ><table  border="2" bordercolor="#333333" width="186" cellspacing="6" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Many thanks in advance - a fantastic thread btw, been a great help on quite a few other things.

Terry

Terry, are you talking about the pics on the right in yuour Top 10 box? If so look in catalog/includes/boxes/bestsellers.php. Thats where your problem is.

• 3 weeks later...
hi can anyone tell me how to change the colour on the sub category text or make it a bit bigger?

HELLO Brian

Thanks for the great post.

When I click the Categories->Hardware-> (6) , the sub category image and text links appear.

It is possible to make all the 6 products appear below the sub category image and text links ?

thanks.

When I click the Categories->Hardware-> (6) , the sub category image and text links appear.

It is possible to make all the 6 products appear below the sub category image and text links ?

This already happens. Can you explain more as to what you want?

This already happens. Can you explain more as to what you want?

thanks

I mean, that i want to make all the 6 products to appear in the same page with the sub category image and text while i click the Categories->Hardware-> (6) in the index.php

thanks

I mean, that i want to make all the 6 products to appear in the same page with the sub category image and text while i click the Categories->Hardware-> (6) in the index.php

In a default setup of osc Hardware is top level category which has no products. It contains 8 subcategories. In those subcategories are the 6 products you are talking about.

When you click on Hardware the default setup is to show no more than 9 products from the subcategories.

I guess I'm just not understanding what you are asking.

In a default setup of osc Hardware is top level category which has no products. It contains 8 subcategories. In those subcategories are the 6 products you are talking about.

When you click on Hardware the default setup is to show no more than 9 products from the subcategories.

I guess I'm just not understanding what you are asking.

thank u Brian

"In a default setup of osc Hardware is top level category which has no products. It contains 8 subcategories. "

yes, the top level category has no products, It cantains 8 subcategories,

I mean, Is possible to make the top level category has products?

I mean, Is possible to make the top level category has products?

Yes. Just add products to that category in the admin. Keep in mind by doing that the new products module will not be displayed when clicking on Hardware. Only the products for Hardware will be shown.

Yes. Just add products to that category in the admin. Keep in mind by doing that the new products module will not be displayed when clicking on Hardware. Only the products for Hardware will be shown.

thanks , i mean that to make the hardware's products appear at the below of the subcategories of the default setup of osc Hardware . and not to add another products to that category in admin.

• 3 weeks later...
thanks

Is it possible to set the Sub Category Image & Text Links into the mainpage?

I think there is a contrib called main categories that may be what you are looking for.

Brian

Archived