• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Running mvs.sql for MSV

yazawa

I've been following the directions for installing MSV-V1.1, and it told me If you have NOT already run the mvs.sql file do that now. Since I'm a total noob at PHP, I haven't a clue how to do this. Can anyone tell me how, or point me to the correct instructions to do this. Thanks.

1) Go to your ISPs admin area for your site.

2) Click on the icon for Mysql, then find the link for phpmyadmin, it might be hidden away at the bottom but not on all admin sites. If you can’t find this, please consult your ISP's help desk.

3) In some cases, you may have to choose which database your OSC tables are located on. If this is the case, please choose using the dropdown box.

4) Click on "SQL" on the navigation bar.

5) Enter/paste your SQL in the textbox provided or, if you have a file containing the sql commands, click on Import and follow the on screen prompts.

6) For both methods click "Go"..

7) If all goes well, your SQL query will run successfully

For another explanation see:-

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...dmin+mysql+code

Or for a contribution to allow you to run SQL Script from Admin

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4567

Cheers!

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Thanks. Ran it, but got the following error

SQL query:

#

# mvs.sql

# For MVS V1.0 2006/03/25 JCK/CWG

# osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

#

#

# Modify Table structure for table `configuration`

#

INSERT INTO `configuration`

VALUES (

NULL , 'Enable Vendor Shipping', 'SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING', 'false', 'Enable Multi-Vendor shipping-(true/false)', 7, 6, '2004-09-07 13:19:40', '2004-05-04 14:43:03', NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'

);

MySQL said:

#1146 - Table 'XXXXXX.configuration' doesn't exist

Just so you know, I replaced the name in the Table with the XXXXXXs, just to be safe in not posting the real name.

Not sure what to do about this, though. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

1) Go to your ISPs admin area for your site.

2) Click on the icon for Mysql, then find the link for phpmyadmin, it might be hidden away at the bottom but not on all admin sites. If you can’t find this, please consult your ISP's help desk.

3) In some cases, you may have to choose which database your OSC tables are located on. If this is the case, please choose using the dropdown box.

4) Click on "SQL" on the navigation bar.

5) Enter/paste your SQL in the textbox provided or, if you have a file containing the sql commands, click on Import and follow the on screen prompts.

6) For both methods click "Go"..

7) If all goes well, your SQL query will run successfully

For another explanation see:-

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...dmin+mysql+code

Or for a contribution to allow you to run SQL Script from Admin

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4567

Cheers!

Looks like the version of osc you are running does not have a table called configuration in it or you did not select your osc db before you ran the sql.

If the former it will be a little difficult to use this contribution.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

There are 4 db listed on my site, the first three have absolutely no tables in them according to my control panel. The forth lists things that appear to have nothing to do with osc. Since my site seems to work, I had assumed it had installed a db on installation. If this is not the case, what do I have to do to get the osc database on my system?

Looks like the version of osc you are running does not have a table called configuration in it or you did not select your osc db before you ran the sql.

If the former it will be a little difficult to use this contribution.

Can you see ant products on your site?

If so, then you have a db installed.

Open includes/configure.php and see what the name of your db is.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Yes, I have products. I've found out that the name of the database in the configure.php file is off by one additional character that the sql is trying to access. FYI, the databases I have start with the one named in the file, and the other two have a 1 and 2 added to the end of the others, respectively. I ran the same sql on the db with the name found in the configure.php file, but got the same error.

I have access to adding tables and # of fields to each database. I'm just not sure which one to do this to, and how many fields it would need. Once again, any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Can you see ant products on your site?

If so, then you have a db installed.

Open includes/configure.php and see what the name of your db is.

Archived