• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Magento vs osCommerce

ctec2001

I would like to get a feedback on the use of Magento. In my opinion it is very difficult to use. Has anyone had experience with it? osCommerce is much easier and I believe that Magento leaning toward developers rather than shop owners. I would like to know anyone's thought.

Thank you.

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

Since its against forum rules to discuss other carts here, i guess this tread will be removed soon....

But here goes....

Magneto is a nice piece of works, but its still very much an in development cart.

NOTE: Magneto is very resource intensive so if you want to use it you should have a high spesification dedicated server to put it on.

On a standard shared web hosting account..it runs soooooooo slow....

I would like to get a feedback on the use of Magento. In my opinion it is very difficult to use. Has anyone had experience with it? osCommerce is much easier and I believe that Magento leaning toward developers rather than shop owners. I would like to know anyone's thought.

Thank you.

Magneto was an old telephony system going back to the late 19th early 20th century. After that came the central battery exchange, still with the switchboard operators making the connections. Then we got automatic exchanges in the 20s.

Am I on the right track?.

Since its against forum rules to discuss other carts here, i guess this tread will be removed soon....

But here goes....

Magneto is a nice piece of works, but its still very much an in development cart.

NOTE: Magneto is very resource intensive so if you want to use it you should have a high spesification dedicated server to put it on.

On a standard shared web hosting account..it runs soooooooo slow....

Wow, didn't see that in the rules. Must re-read again. I thought that General Chit-Chat

Off-topic and general discussions meant we could talk about anything. Kinda of a catch 22. I do however think that people already know about it and would like to know that osCommerce does have alot more positives than Magento. The community here is more advanced in my opinion.

But if it is against the rules, I do apologize.

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

Archived