• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google and duplicated meta tags problem

valerif

Hi,

On my Google webmaster page I can see the following problem that Google reports to me. They say I have a number of URLs that have duplicated meta tags. Then it show me the duplicated URLs. Here I show one of them as an example.

Do you know how to make Google understand that this is not real duplicated meta tags but the same URL with several currencies types.

‎/shipping.php

‎‎/shipping.php?currency=EUR‎‎

/shipping.php?currency=GBP‎‎

/shipping.php?currency=USD‎

I would think all OSC shops have the same king of problems that might affect negatively our Google ranking.

Any suggestion would be welcome

Thanks

• 9 months later...

I'd like some input on this one too.. most of my duplicate issues in google webmaster tools come from google following other currency links.

Is there a fix?

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to install this but i am having a little difficulty. I am using the "header tags for novices" contribution along with "ultimate seo urls". My meta info is as follows:

<title><?php echo ((strlen($categories['categories_name']) > 1) || (strlen($manufacturers['manufacturers_name']) > 1)) ? $header_tags['products_name'] . ' - ' . $breadcrumb_tags->trail_tags(' ') . ' - ' . TITLE : TITLE; ?>
</title>
<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $header_tags['products_name']; ?>">
<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo $header_tags['products_name']; ?>">

I just don't know where to add the:

ob_start();

and

$preventDuplicates->checkTarget(ob_get_clean());
echo $preventDuplicates->finalMeta . "\n";

any help will be greatly appreciated

Archived