• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal standard drops shipping

celadon

We are using the paypal.php (v 1.1.1.1) payment module. We should have flat shipping up to $75 and free above that. Our cart shipping and order modules are configured correctly. When the customer orders one item < $75, they get the flat shipping charge correctly. If they order 2 or more items, when they first get to PayPal, the correct order total with shipping shows on the login screen. Once they log in, the order does not include shipping on the "Review Order" page and so they are not getting charged the correct shipping.

The PayPal shipping options are set to "Override shipping with transaction."

I searched for solutions, but all I found were suggestions to check this setting, which is already correct.

Do I need to install a different PayPal payment module?

thanks

art - music - video

shipping should have a value 0,1 or 2 change to 2 and chek.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

shipping should have a value 0,1 or 2 change to 2 and chek.

I double-checked the module settings again and the "paypal" module is installed but not enabled, we are using the PayPal IPN module. paypal_ipn.php,v 1.1.2.11

Where is the 'shipping' setting you are referring to? The PayPal module has no shipping setting. Do you mean 'shipping' in the Order Total sort order? Shipping is currently set to 5 there.

Thanks.

art - music - video

<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="19"><input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0">

chek the form that gets submitted to Paypal.

This no_shipping should be 0

Got it, thanks. The no_shipping hidden field is currently set to 1.

Should I try and update the IPN module? I noticed there is a more recent IPN contribution.

My problem is that I did not originally set this site up, I am new to working on it. I made a copy of the site and backed up the database on my local development system, and got the osCommerce basic functionality working (and installed the patches). However, none of the modules are working on my test site - The code files are in the includes/modules directory, but when I go to the modules page, they are not listed so I can't use or even try to re-install them. Any suggestions on how to resolve that? I will want to get it figured out so I can test module upgrades on my test system before deploying to the production system.

art - music - video

Hmmm. Looking through our paypal_ipn code, the no_shipping is hard-coded to 1: $parameters['no_shipping'] = '1';

Is this something that should be configurable? Should I just change it to 0?

Thanks - Eric

art - music - video

Yes do change to 0 and test.

That should solve Your shipping cost getting lost problem solved.

Satish

Thanks, I'll try.

BTW, I did not see anything about this variable in the paypal "Order Management Integration Guide" docs in the listing of IPN and PDT variables. Is there another document I should get that is more complete?

Thanks - Eric

art - music - video

Well, setting the no_shipping field to '0' did not work. When I did that, Paypal charged both the shopping cart shipping ($6.53) plus the shipping set up in paypal ($5.99) so the shipping option they offered cost $12.52.

However, when I switched back to the old version of the file that had the variable set to '1' now it seems to work, even though it is back to the way it was before! So I don't know what the problem was...

Oh well. I will probably try to upgrade the paypal modeule anyway once I am sure I can test it accurately on my test server.

thanks for your help.

art - music - video

Thanks, I'll try.

BTW, I did not see anything about this variable in the paypal "Order Management Integration Guide" docs in the listing of IPN and PDT variables. Is there another document I should get that is more complete?

Thanks - Eric

Chek Paypal IPn Integration guide(something similar name).

I had faced this problem for the first time after having had worked on hundreds of site.

I changed the no shipping var value and it started working.

I also feel that with Paypal updating it system some unknown bugs are being faced By site owners.

I would also like an insite into this from some experts.

Satish

I did some searching on the paypal site, and the no_shipping variable is supposed to control whether the customer is asked for a shipping address or not (on the paypal site). It does not seem like it should make any difference to the amount of shipping paypal charges.

The documentation is in the knowledge base here: https://ppmts.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ppdts.cf...php?p_faqid=392 and also apparently in the "Website Payments Standard Integration Guide" (which I just downloaded, I only had the Order Management guide before).

I still don't know why it's working now, unless maybe setting and then re-setting that no_shipping variable "kicked" the paypal profile and made it rebuild a table or something that cleared out a bad configuration...

thanks

art - music - video

Well from the document on Paypal what You stated is true.

Still if a solution works its ok to apply.

Satish Mantri

Hi

I have the same problem.

Which file is it that is sent to paypal that contains the following code? Ive looked around for it but i cant find it.

<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="19"><input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0">

Thanks

Thomas Graham

In paypal payment Module(includes/modules/payment/paypal...) there is a code that generates the Form that is submitted.

As Am not sure of the version You are using cant comment.

So look into that file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I cant find that code still.

I am using paypal.php,v 1.39

Should I update my paypal module first? so that i can use the shipping on my website rather than using the settings for shipping set in paypal.

Thanks for your help

If You are not able to find.

do the following:

Trap what is posted as a request t paypal and post here.

Also call Paypal and ask why shipping getting overriden there sustomer service will look at Your account and will guide.

I do not see as a code issue.

Satish