• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback on look & feel

I've gotton over 2,000 products up, now I'm looking for peoples experiences with load time and navigation. This is an adult store and you must be 18+ to enter so don't say I didn't warn you!

If you are not offended by sex toys or other adult items, if you would take the time to check it out I'd be grateful.

the store is at http://adarkdesire.com

Thanks!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

site loads REALLY fast for me. its bright and clean looking.. kinda fun design but not too crazy.. i like it. The images for the products are good, the products with multiple parts are really good too like the ultimate kit with the bag.

I would get the hacker banners out of the header and put them in the columns or the footer. they take away from the design, but they are good to have there.. also i would move the geotrust down a little more too.

If you can, i would add a phone number and address to your contact us page. It makes people feel like its DEFINITELY a real business.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

site loads REALLY fast for me. its bright and clean looking.. kinda fun design but not too crazy.. i like it. The images for the products are good, the products with multiple parts are really good too like the ultimate kit with the bag.

I would get the hacker banners out of the header and put them in the columns or the footer. they take away from the design, but they are good to have there.. also i would move the geotrust down a little more too.

If you can, i would add a phone number and address to your contact us page. It makes people feel like its DEFINITELY a real business.

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't realize I didn't have the phone, etc. on the contact page *argh*. I think you're right about the hacker stuff...I'll move it.

I moved the hacker stuff to the footer, and added the other contact info to the contact page, but I think the geotrust is too important to move down. I moved it up *laughing*. Anyway, I think you're right, and it looks cleaner. Thanks for your imput!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I've done some changing to the look and feel. I plan to get up the 1 page checkout later on today, but I'm interested in what people think about the look and feel and navigation as it stands now.

Any feedback appreciated.

i think you can take out the text for the categories that shows under your graphics because they already have a text in there.. just make sure there is an alt. text for people who can't get the graphics to load

otherwise, looking good!!!

p.s. i am SOO immature, you categories made me giggle

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

i think you can take out the text for the categories that shows under your graphics because they already have a text in there.. just make sure there is an alt. text for people who can't get the graphics to load

otherwise, looking good!!!

p.s. i am SOO immature, you categories made me giggle

LOL! Some make me giggle too! You may think you're immature, but you're the only one that has the guts to check out my site and give any feedback, so....what's up with that?

Good point on the categories. Thanks for the feedback.

i have feedback on your store that i will post shortly but you log in is not functioning. receive the error when i click on log in:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_session_close() in /usr/home/darkdesire/domains/adarkdesire.com/private_html/store/includes/functions/general.php on line 16

Over all, you have a great site.

.Likes:

Renamed the category box to match the site.

Majority of the site has the borders removed except the bottom and right side of the products. Gives it a unique look.

Loads really quick

Contact info easily obtained

PWA installed

Opportunities:

Some buttons have square corners and others are rounded.

You have the initial landing page but no way to get back to it once inside the site.

And by the way, I’m n Colorado Springs with my own site online. Good to see another one in Colorado!

Matthew

Over all, you have a great site.

.Likes:

Renamed the category box to match the site.

Majority of the site has the borders removed except the bottom and right side of the products. Gives it a unique look.

Loads really quick

Contact info easily obtained

PWA installed

Opportunities:

Some buttons have square corners and others are rounded.

You have the initial landing page but no way to get back to it once inside the site.

And by the way, I’m n Colorado Springs with my own site online. Good to see another one in Colorado!

Matthew

Hey Matthew! Thanks for looking! I was trying to install the one page checkout when you were on. I cringed when the error happened! Quickly uploading my trusty backups, the site came back up within 30 seconds. Dont you hate when that happens!

True enough, you can't get back to the landing page unless you type in the url without the index.php in it. What are you selling on your site? Another adult site? Have you been to the Enclave?????

Which QUICK CHECKOUT contribution were you using?? i would love to test it if you got it all set.. I wanted a streamlined checkout, but i can not find one that does EXACTLY what i want.. well, i DID find one, btu the guy is selling the code for $250!!

Which QUICK CHECKOUT contribution were you using?? i would love to test it if you got it all set.. I wanted a streamlined checkout, but i can not find one that does EXACTLY what i want.. well, i DID find one, btu the guy is selling the code for $250!!

This one is $149 (something like that). I'll have to get with him on Monday because I'm having a problem with one of the modifications to general.php

He says he'll work with you one on one, so I figured it would be worth the money for a non buggy one page check out.

I got rid of the redundant sub category text btw. You're right, looks much better.

I came to the same conclusion. Pay someone to make a good solid contribution and offer REAL support. would you mind PMing me that person info, i would love to check it out.. that is my next big venture

oops.. i lied. it was $149.. not 250! It was probably the same guy.. i would love to see how it worked out on your store

i was clicking through your site and saw that some of your product images are funky. I went to the forecepts to add them to my cart and test out your checkout process and the large image was already there (without having to click to englarge) and the BUY NOW button was half covered.

you also have non-secure items warning popping up when i go to check out. Probably a weird image link or something. I wasnt able to make an order because i guess you're still installing the new contribution.. It said TABLE_VISITOR does not exist

i was clicking through your site and saw that some of your product images are funky. I went to the forecepts to add them to my cart and test out your checkout process and the large image was already there (without having to click to englarge) and the BUY NOW button was half covered.

you also have non-secure items warning popping up when i go to check out. Probably a weird image link or something. I wasnt able to make an order because i guess you're still installing the new contribution.. It said TABLE_VISITOR does not exist

Okay....lemme check that out. thanks for the heads up!

is that the FAST CHECKOUT that you paid $149 for??

you also still have insecure images in your check out.

Hey Debora,

Looks good! Just a tip, you can change the colors in the checkout by editing the /includes/checkout/checkout.css file. That blue kinda clashes with your red!

Are you still having problems with the one page checkout installation? I'm about to be leaving, but let me know what's not working and I'll get back to you on Monday.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

first i would like to check with you this is your site you are talking about:

http://adarkdesire.com

if the answer is YES, then, I know you may have hired someone with great osc skills to a bit of work on your site, so with all respect, i must be honest to say your so-called one page checkout is utterly misleading. in fact there is nothing new or first class in that checkout system, and further more you collect card details on your site BUT you even fail to make sure the secure padlock is present on my browser due to the fact that your have insecure contents on these checkout pages, a very basic thing any osc coder would need to ensure to get this right before talking about anything else.

i am sorry if what i said ruins your good feeling but i just want to be honest, which may save some other people time to check it out your sensational 'one-page' checkout system.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

i am a little confused.. First, i dont see any blue, and second, the checkout that i am going through is just the basic PURCHASE WITHOUT ACCOUNT... or did you not impliment the new checkout a bit..

And GemRock, that was a tad RUDE in your wording. I know its the net and you cant read tone, but you shoudl re-read what you wrote, it was a tad harsh. What is MISLEADING about the checkout?? I really dont think its misleading, but its not what i expected (but if you havent installed that contribution then i get it)

Just as an FYI, i did try making a test purchase using the 411111111111111 account number, btu it was declined, so i fyou see something on there with a declined credit card, it was me. I just wanted to really test it out..

AND KEN she DOES have an SSL.. look in your browser - theres a padlock there the INSTANT you log into your account!!! She also HAS a site seal that says SECURED BY GEOTRUST right in the banner.

Excuse my language, but WHAT A DONKEYS BEHIND!

i...AND KEN she DOES have an SSL.. ..

i suppose you dont know what your are talking about and you confused SSL and/or any logo with truely a secure page, and you dont seem to appeciate if others say something that is true but does not agree with you: the secure padlock shown on a browser means the page (in the browser's eye - IE7 here) is a secure page, yes there must be SSL in order for the padlock to show but SSL does NOT guarantee the padlock to show IF there is, eg, insecure links to pages/contents either within the site and/or outside the site, which is THE case on the site in question.

Now please show me the 'one-page' checkout if you cant then dont say i am rude to point out that is misleading.

my comments did not aim at you but those who may come here and want to know what this one page checkout is all about - and i was telling them what i saw.

for all those who have worked long enough on osc would know if there is a true one-page checkout then that's a great, sentiosational achievement!

i apologise as i know i am not someone who is good at hiding own feelings.

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

FEELINGS??? where in the world do feelings belong in a forum about websites.. she wasnts asking about your FEELINGS, so hiding them would not be nessesary.. and i didnt say that you were RUDE for pointing out that her checkout was "misleading" i pointed out that your choice of words were RUDE and misleading doesn't even make sense. How does the checkout actually mislead the customer?? it doesn't trick them or lie to them??

I also don't THINK that the contribution she was talking about was entirely installed, because i have seen the one on the demo page and that wasn't it (i don't think) AND she even said that she didn't make it up herself, but instead BOUGHT it, or hired soemone to do it..

You are either just PISSED that you searched the forum for ONE PAGE CHECKOUT and found this, or just jadded in general.

Constructive criticism is one thing..

oh yea, and the insecure images were already pointed out AND if you looked, they were alreay fixed.. and i have NO IDEA what you were saying about SSL.. your sentence structure needs some work

The sites look good and loads fairly fast...

The site appears to not use the one page checkout yet, so i guess those who wants to see it in action will have to wait.

I have had a look at the demo for the one page checkout which is available for 149 usd and it looks very nice.

There is also a contribution for one page checkout available in the contributions section, but as it stands now it has some limitations in regards to how shipping is handled....But the shipping issue should be possible to fix using javascript/ajax.

first i would like to check with you this is your site you are talking about:

http://adarkdesire.com

if the answer is YES, then, I know you may have hired someone with great osc skills to a bit of work on your site, so with all respect, i must be honest to say your so-called one page checkout is utterly misleading. in fact there is nothing new or first class in that checkout system, and further more you collect card details on your site BUT you even fail to make sure the secure padlock is present on my browser due to the fact that your have insecure contents on these checkout pages, a very basic thing any osc coder would need to ensure to get this right before talking about anything else.

i am sorry if what i said ruins your good feeling but i just want to be honest, which may save some other people time to check it out your sensational 'one-page' checkout system.

Ken

If you would actually read, the one page checkout system is not yet in effect. It should be installed Monday. I'll post it when it is.

Archived