• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Welcome Guest! not in index.php

yazawa

I've spent the morning trying to track down the Welcome Guest! section of code to change the font color. It was nowhere in the index.php file. It is still on the site, however, so it has to be someplace. I've used the Windows search feature to look for Guest!, within all files in the site's directories. It does not come up under any file. Anyone have a clue what is going on? On my site, the word Guest! bleeds into the background color and is nearly impossible to read. I need to change it, but can't unless I can find it. Thanks.

i belive it is in the english.php file which is the file that defines the text for each language.. so if you had multiple languages, it would say WELCOME GUEST in each language.

With that being said, in order to change the color of the text, you dont do that in the english.php file where the text is, you do that in the style sheet.

here is a page with the key for each item on the style sheet

Stlye Sheet Info

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Thanks. Just the info I needed.

i belive it is in the english.php file which is the file that defines the text for each language.. so if you had multiple languages, it would say WELCOME GUEST in each language.

With that being said, in order to change the color of the text, you dont do that in the english.php file where the text is, you do that in the style sheet.

here is a page with the key for each item on the style sheet

Stlye Sheet Info

Archived