• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking for one page checkout

I'm looking for a one page and one page only checkout. The two contributions I found (Fast Easy Checkout, and Checkout Alternative) still seem to involve multiple pages. The flow I'm looking for is this: add item to cart, review cart. When you click "Checkout" from the cart, it takes you to one page, where you put in all info, and then clicking submit on that submits the order. Does this exist anywhere?

Thanks!

Alternative Purchase System v2.0 version by empo 19 Jul 2005 is a one page checkout

That was one of the two I looked at - sorry, I slightly misnamed it above. It looks like it still goes to the confirmation page after the checkout page though, doesn't it? So it's a two page?

Also, it doesn't seem to be working with PWA when I put it on my test shop. Still searching for a resolution on that...

That was one of the two I looked at - sorry, I slightly misnamed it above. It looks like it still goes to the confirmation page after the checkout page though, doesn't it? So it's a two page?

Also, it doesn't seem to be working with PWA when I put it on my test shop. Still searching for a resolution on that...

I had some problems implementing it, any success sites as reference?

Belt Buckles

Also, I've seen references to Alternative Purchase working with PWA, but no one that actually seems to have gotten it working and active. Anyone? It's still going to have an extra page (the confirmation), but...

• 3 weeks later...

The Alternative Purchase System works.

It gives you a one in all page for all the checkout information followed by the checkout confirmation page.

(The checkout confirmation stage can be "skipped" by a simple javascript snipet.)

So it can infact be made to be a one page checkout....

The main problem is that it does not have a complete solution for shipping calculations, but this can be made using javascript.

So to sum up, it does have potential ... but to be fully workable for most shops it needs some code cleanup and some javascript/ajax added.

Edited by toyicebear

Nick,

Are you volunteering your time to do that ? :lol: Because this could be a very useful contribution after a superior member makes some minor alterations.

<note the suck up ??> :D

Chris

It gives you a one in all page for all the checkout information followed by the checkout confirmation page.

(The checkout confirmation stage can be "skipped" by a simple javascript snipet.)

So it can infact be made to be a one page checkout....

The main problem is that it does not have a complete solution for shipping calculations, but this can be made using javascript.

So to sum up, it does have potential ... but to be fully workable for most shops it needs some code cleanup and some javascript/ajax added.

Have you been able to get it to work well with PWA? Cause I'd say that's the biggest problem. Does anyone force account creation any more? I've got some weird amalgam of PWA and Alternative Checkout, but it's really rough, and not yet handling a few things correctly (and I'm having a hell of a time figuring out why).

I am not using it on any live sites myself, i have made one page checkout for clients though (including checkout without account, but their sites is very custom and it would not work on standard oscommerce without a lot of rewrites).

If i get some free time in the near future i might make a more general version of a one page checkout and release it as a contribution.