• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] HelpDesk For osCommerce

to logon to the tellnet i put in mail.mydomain.com 110

is that right

That is not right :(

Adding recipes is not done by logging into the mail server daemon, it is done by editing mail daemon configuration files.

If your server is using Sendmail or Postfix, the example in the installation text will work for you. Otherwise you will need to find out how to add recipes specific to your MTA and/or consult your server administrator.

:heart:, osCommerce

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah Harald... well when posts get this long is hard to keep up...

anyways I got it working... was a dumb problem (alias spanned 2 lines in the file instead of 1)...

but can we do something about the email layout?? I did a test help ticket and sent a response from the admin and this is what the email I got (what the customer would get) looked like:

To: "Customer Name" <customeremail_@_domain.com>

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Mailer: osC mailer

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="=_ccb7cc710924bc6921da3fc71f803b5f"

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 18:25:18 -0600

X-Virus-Scanned-By: Amavis with CLAM Anti Virus on cpanel01.gzo.com

X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report

X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - cpanel01.gzo.com

X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - pop.belmont.edu

X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 99] / [99 99]

X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - cpanel01.gzo.com

--=_ccb7cc710924bc6921da3fc71f803b5f

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

reply contents where here

--=_ccb7cc710924bc6921da3fc71f803b5f

Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

reply contents where here

--=_ccb7cc710924bc6921da3fc71f803b5f--

I know I wouldn't want to reveice a reply from customer support that looked like that... no other emails OSC sends have all those headers or extra info... anything we can do about it in the helpdesk?

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

on another note, don't forget to change the email in admin from "[email protected]" to something else...

I forgot the 1st time I tested, and [email protected] is a valid and operational email address... I get an email back (they actually thought I was a customer with a question)... boy was my face red.

- Edmund Burke

Dude, checkout server.com's website!

They are the ones who should be red faced!! :lol:

The email layout has something to do with the mime thing I think.

I remember OSC does this if you enable html emails.

Not sure tho tbh.

Did you update it to Harald's latest release?

CC.

thanks CC>..

it was not the email layout (I have it set as HTML)... but it was email configure related...

I forgot to edit the email settings in admin when I uploaded to my server (develop of windows, live on redhat)... I had it set at SMTP and CRLF for redhat... switched it to the good ol sendmail and LF... now my face is more red... (but not as red as server.com's should be... haha... that site is seriously funny)

- Edmund Burke

And now for my redface :oops: :D

If only HTML emails are received, the body will not be inserted in the database.

plain/text and plain/text+html have no problems.

I will update the osc_mail2db.php script again to also insert html emails but with html tags stripped.

oh, by the way...

anyone on a cpanel administered server can set this up under the mail manager and forwarding maintenance:

cpanel01.jpg

- Edmund Burke

I think maybe a small bug here:

emails are not getting placed with the correct department... all emails are placed with the default department...

I have set up a Sales Department and a Customer Support Department... (2 different email addys, both with aliases)... all help tickets sent to the support department are listed under the sales department.

- Edmund Burke

in the database in the table helpdesk_entries, it shows the reciever is correct (Customer Support), but in the helpdesk_tickets it shows the department_id at "1" which is the id for Sales (the default department).

- Edmund Burke

emails are not getting placed with the correct department... all emails are placed with the default department...

For some strange reason mysql_num_rows is returning 0 for the departments query :(

A fixed osc_mail2db.php has been uploaded again to the Contribution package-set.

The error for the department query was a leading space existing in the email address.

oh, by the way...

anyone on a cpanel administered server can set this up under the mail manager and forwarding maintenance:

cpanel01.jpg

If we forward the e-mails to the osc_mail2db.php script, won't this forward it then delete it afterwards? What if the script fails?

Where do we set the 'backup' e-mail if the script does fail?

Also, I wouldn't mind getting a copy of the e-mail when one arrives on the [email protected] account since I use this account everyday as a normal part of business. Won't the above script forward ALL my [email protected] e-mails, including ones that aren't destined for osCommerce Helpdesk?

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

Dreamscape wrote:

CC wrote:

Oh why oh why do I not have a cpanel??!!!

doesn't your host give u any sort of administration control?

Yeh they do, but they use Plesk, which offers no option to add scripts to email alias.

So as far as this goes I'm buggered.

I am STILL waiting for my host to reply.

CC.

I've just been in touch with my host - easyspace.com,

USELESS!

they didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I asked them to

do the necessary...

What do I do now?

NO WAY!

Easyspace didnt know what to do???

They are one of the bigger hosts in UK.

Strange.

Just keep pushing them to find out.

It's what you are paying them for.

They dont just give you server space and say bye bye. Their job is to look after you with 'Aftercare'.

Maybe even give them the URL to this thread of the forums and ask them to follow it.

That might help them understand.

I would at least try and shame them, you know make them feel bad about the fact they dont even know how to do this, and yet they are the admins!

And if they dont know, they should sure as hell find out, cos someone might ask again.

I have to say I'm surprised at those guys.

CC.

Ok folks..heres how I got it working

I am using procmail.

Unix/Apache

Below is the code you need to put into the .rc.local.init file.

It should be in your mail directory. Mine was /root/www-mail/..

I tried putting it in the .procmailrc file but it didnt work so.. First make sure that the spam vault is installed, which creates the file you need.

This file is called: .rc.local.init Just paste this code in the next available line in the file. This will override anything in the .procmailrc file.

my address was "[email protected]"

:0

* $RECIP ?? ^^support@$DOMAIN

{

:0

|/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/path/to/commerce/osc_mail2db.php config=/home/path/to/commerce/admin/admin/includes/configure.php

}

This should work, I tried on a few separate domains.

Let me know if it works for you..

Cheers..

Mark

This is gonna be in danger of getting commercial, and no doubt someone is gonna say go to http://www.webhostingtalk.com.

But seeing as that site is crap for us in the UK, I have found this inmstead that I think we will be going for.

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/static/product_webpack_prof

I have seen complaints about them for domain reg, but I think their hosting is supposed to be good.

Anyway, nuff said from me!

not being commercial. Honest! :wink: :lol:

CC.

CC... can you do me a favour....

I don't fully understand this even tho i'm getting there..

can you write a description of what we are trying to achieve for my hosting company to understand coz they say they haven't got a clue what i'm trying to do..... :cry:

cheers

Richard,

If your host doesn't have a clue :roll: ... send them a link to this thread.

If they still don't have a clue, I know what I would do. :x

I have a brilliant host that happily responds to all my questions which can sometimes be 4 or 5 a day. :D :D

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

mate, to be honest...

If they can not follow this entire thread they really arnt worth spending your money on.

Currently for testing we use a really small compant called 34sp.com, they are great.

They listen, learn (i.e. One day they didnt know what GPG was, 2 days later they installed it on all servers!) and they are extemely flexible.

Although in this particular case I am waiting for a reply to this Helpdesk query... :shock:

I would look to change if they can not follow a simple forum thread.

But then thats me...

CC.