• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Graphical Borders

spooks

I`m not sure u should fix for every browser, thier suppost to follow the same rules!! (microsoft excluded of course!!)

In classes boxes, around 106 find:

.mws_boxTop    {
background: url('images/infobox/top.gif');
font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 11.5px;
text-align : left;
font-weight: bold;
background-repeat:repeat-x;
vertical-align: middle;
white-space: nowrap;
color: #FFF;

after this to add:

width: 200px;

but I think your solution is more neat.

Thanks again!

---

Max Terbeck

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spooks, let me first THANK you for this great, but most of all, easy Graphical Borders contribution!

I've often looked at it for implimantation in my webshop but found it to difficult to implement, until you came along.

As many others I also have a small "problem" with it and that is related to the product info page, here I'm missing the nice smooth look that I have in the product listing.

Also the specials.php, products_new.php and products_new.php etc. are missing the nice look.

It still looks like it did before, could you point me where I should look?

I did read this whole topic from back to front and vice versa but cannot find what needs t0 be done.

The contentBox($info_box_contents); to look for is not in those files.

I'm using MS 2.2 060817.

Thanks!

Edited by i2Paq

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

The changes are gloabal for all pages, so if it works for one it must work for all!

Without doubt your issue is the cache, clear it & all will be fine.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

The changes are gloabal for all pages, so if it works for one it must work for all!

Without doubt your issue is the cache, clear it & all will be fine.

Hello Spooks, thanks for your reply.

I found out that I was mistaken, the product_info.php is not a box, and thus will the graphical borders not work.

I also think that if it would work the site would look "to bussy" with all the borders.

I changed my background and now everything looks nice, I only need to change the borders itself to fit more into my colorscheme.

I'm looking for someone to do that for me, you maybe? :lol:

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

• 1 month later...

Powerful mod! Just a quick newbie question about the infobox header text. After installing Graphical Borders, I edited the top three graphics of the infoboxes to match the look of my site. But now the title text of the infoboxes is riding too low. I tested CSS variations with .mws_boxTop_main and others but haven't been able to get anywhere. Any ideas on what I need to do to get the title text to move up a bit in the infoboxes? Thanks for any suggestions.

its mws_boxTop !

use firefox tools to help

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

this works on images, so install & replace images with what u need

Sam

Contributions:

• 3 weeks later...

You can style any box using the included functions

if you have say

new contentBox($info_box_contents)

change to

mws_boxHeader ()

new noborderBox($info_box_contents)

mws_boxFooter()

if you need to place a title in the header, add the text within the brackets.

I tryed this in starproducts but i dont have this line in the file

the closest i get is new contentBox($star_products);

if i change that then i get an error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_NEW

can anybody tell me what to do

help please

Danta67

looks like u made an error,

post the b4 & after code, otherwise cant tell anything

Sam

Contributions:

<?php
//REMOVE THIS LINES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SHOW THE HEADER
 //$header_star_product = array();
 //$header_star_product[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => sprintf(STAR_TITLE));
 new contentBoxHeading($header_star_product);
//END OF -REMOVE THIS LINES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SHOW THE HEADER-

function tep_star_product_with_attributes($products_id) {
 $attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
 $attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes_query);

if ($attributes['count'] > 0) {
return true;
 }
 else {
return false;
}
 }

$star_products_query = tep_db_query("select substring(pd.products_description, 1, 598) as products_description, p.products_id, p.products_image, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_tax_class_id, sp.product_id from ((" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_STAR_PRODUCT . " sp) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id) where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_description != '' and p.products_id=sp.product_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
 $star_products = tep_db_fetch_array($star_products_query);
 $star_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($star_products['products_id']);
 $evita_cortar_palabras = explode( ' ',  $star_products["products_description"] );
array_pop( $evita_cortar_palabras );
$star_products["products_description"]  = implode( ' ', $evita_cortar_palabras );

if (!tep_star_product_with_attributes($star_products['products_id'])) {
 $star_products["0"] = array('align' => 'center',
				  'params' => 'width="100%" valign="top"',
								  'text' => '<tr>
							 <td height="15%" width="85%" class="star-product-title">' . $star_products['products_name'] . '</td>
					   <td align="right"  height="100%" width="15%" rowspan="2"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '"' . ' target="popup"' . ' onClick="window.open(this.href, this.target, \'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes, copyhistory=no, width=' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . ', height=' . SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT . '\').focus(); return false;">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $star_products['products_image'], $star_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*2) . '</a></td>
					 </tr>
					 <tr>
					   <td height="80%" width="85%" class="star-product">'. strip_tags($star_products["products_description"]) . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $star_products["products_id"]). '">' . STAR_READ_MORE . '</a></td>
					 </tr>
					 <tr>
					   <td height="5%" width="85%" class="star-product-price" align="center">'.
$currencies->display_price($star_products['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td>
					 </tr>
					 <tr>
					   <td><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $star_products["products_id"]). '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/more_info.gif') . '</a>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '10') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a></td>
					 </tr>');
$star_products_output = array_slice($star_products, sizeof($star_products)-1);
new contentBox($star_products_output);
}

else {
								  'text' => '<tr>
							 <td height="15%" width="85%" class="star-product-title">' . $star_products['products_name'] . '</td>
					   <td align="right"  height="100%" width="15%" rowspan="2"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '"' . ' target="popup"' . ' onClick="window.open(this.href, this.target, \'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes, copyhistory=no, width=' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . ', height=' . SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT . '\').focus(); return false;">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $star_products['products_image'], $star_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*2) . '</a></td>
					 </tr>
					 <tr>
					   <td height="80%" width="85%" class="star-product">'. strip_tags($star_products["products_description"]) . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $star_products["products_id"]). '">' . STAR_READ_MORE . '</a></td>
					 </tr>
					 <tr>
$currencies->display_price($star_products['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td>
					 </tr>
					 <tr>
					   <td><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $star_products["products_id"]). '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/more_info.gif') . '</a>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '10') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a></td>
					 </tr>');
new contentBox($star_products);
}
?>

this is my starproduct file

thanks for the quick answer

So did you replace the

with:

mws_boxHeader ();
new noborderBox($star_products);
mws_boxFooter();

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Your file is creating the issue as it is putting row elements within columns

modify the file to:

<?php
//REMOVE THIS LINES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SHOW THE HEADER
//$header_star_product = array();
//$header_star_product[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => sprintf(STAR_TITLE));
new contentBoxHeading($header_star_product);
//END OF -REMOVE THIS LINES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SHOW THE HEADER-

function tep_star_product_with_attributes($products_id) {
$attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
$attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes_query);

if ($attributes['count'] > 0) {
return true;
}
else {
return false;
}
}

$star_products_query = tep_db_query("select substring(pd.products_description, 1, 598) as products_description, p.products_id, p.products_image, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_tax_class_id, sp.product_id from ((" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_STAR_PRODUCT . " sp) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id) where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_description != '' and p.products_id=sp.product_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
$star_products = tep_db_fetch_array($star_products_query);
$star_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($star_products['products_id']);
$evita_cortar_palabras = explode( ' ', $star_products["products_description"] );
array_pop( $evita_cortar_palabras );
$star_products["products_description"] = implode( ' ', $evita_cortar_palabras );

if (!tep_star_product_with_attributes($star_products['products_id'])) {
'text' => '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr>
<td align="right" height="100%" width="15%" rowspan="2"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '"' . ' target="popup"' . ' onClick="window.open(this.href, this.target, \'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes, copyhistory=no, width=' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . ', height=' . SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT . '\').focus(); return false;">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $star_products['products_image'], $star_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*2) . '</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $star_products["products_id"]). '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/more_info.gif') . '</a>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '10') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a></td>
</tr></table>');
$star_products_output = array_slice($star_products, sizeof($star_products)-1);
new contentBox($star_products_output);
}

else {
'text' => '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr>
<td align="right" height="100%" width="15%" rowspan="2"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '"' . ' target="popup"' . ' onClick="window.open(this.href, this.target, \'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes, copyhistory=no, width=' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . ', height=' . SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT . '\').focus(); return false;">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $star_products['products_image'], $star_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*2) . '</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $star_products["products_id"]). '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/more_info.gif') . '</a>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '10') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a></td>
</tr></table>');
mws_boxHeader ();
new noborderBox($star_products);
mws_boxFooter();
}
?>

Sam

Contributions:

looking at thwe source shows the file is un-changed, have u uploaded the changed file? and reset (or turned off) the cache?

Sam

Contributions:

can u revert to

Sam

Contributions:

u still seem to have an issue, iether u are not calling mws_boxFooter()

or you have failed to install the code for the mws_boxFooter() function correctly

Sam

Contributions:

yes, at some point near footer u are closing a table thats not open, often easest way to find is validate with w3c

Sam

Contributions: