• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Graphical Borders

spooks

If you install on a vanilla setup you will see that the box headings do overlay the top graphic.

I know sppc does much messing, I have no need for it so wont go near unless a client asks me to, so I`m afraid you'd best ask in the sppc forum, sorry.

;)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bummer, I was hoping you could wave your magic wand. I suspect the people of sppc will have the reverse problem of knowing about this contri. Nonetheless I will give it a try. It must be the call to the box heading that was affected by sppc., but I can't figure it out. Thanks for the help.

Side note - Your image is driving me crazy because I know I have seen it. Wasn't Shaun of the Dead, but am I on the right track?

-Mac

Side note - Your image is driving me crazy because I know I have seen it. Wasn't Shaun of the Dead, but am I on the right track?

No, much more furureristic!!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

You need to speak to Mike Summers, but I don't think he about any more.

Sam

Contributions:

If you install on a vanilla setup you will see that the box headings do overlay the top graphic.

I know sppc does much messing, I have no need for it so wont go near unless a client asks me to, so I`m afraid you'd best ask in the sppc forum, sorry.

;)

I went back through, again, and found that I must have fouled something up. All is well. I had checked on my "vanilla" install and found the page source to be exactly the same, so knew it was something I copied over incorrectly. Guess that is the problem with working on stuff at 3am. Thanks again.

Hi,

Im trying to install the addon of Easy Graphical Borders v1.1. I dont seem to have the carpet infobox_main.

I have the latest oscommerce version. Can it be instead informationbox carpet?

Thanx

Osc does not have carpets, they go in your lounge????

If you mean function infoBox that must be modded.

informationbox does not exist in stock osC

Sam

Contributions:

• 1 month later...

Hello,

First, thanks for this great contribution!

But still have a question :)

suppose i also want to wrap borders around the Header, is this possible?

or i'm i asking something stupid...

Thanks!

Jeo

• 4 weeks later...
Is there any way to make the borders printable. The normal infobox without graphical borders prints fine. Once adding the contribution the tops and sides do not print borders. Only the corner images are printed. Is this normal?

Yes, they are background images.

To print background images in ie, open Tools menu, select Internet Options, switch to Advanced and enable Print background colors and images in the Printing section.

Sam

Contributions:

Hello:

First to thank for this contribution, it is super easy to install congratulations!

I have a little problem, now I get "categories" as href (www.mydomain.com/catalog/1) and I do not know where to leave it normal, attached image.

categoriasox9.png

I'm using oscommerce 2.2Rca and contribution show_sub-categories_onmouse_over_v2

Thank you very much for everything.

PS: Translated with google

Sorrym I've no idea what your saying!!

Sam

Contributions:

If your saying you don't want the borders on the categories, use the noborderbox option.

Sam

Contributions:

Hello,

I hope to be able to explain,

Before installing the contribution, the menu entitled "categories" was not a href.

After installing the contribution, the menu entitled "categories" has become a href leading to "catalog / 1" (which does not exist)

What I want is that it does not become href

Thanks for all

Nothing to do with the contrib, it adds no links, check your code.

Sam

Contributions:

• 3 weeks later...
Hello:

First to thank for this contribution, it is super easy to install congratulations!

I have a little problem, now I get "categories" as href (www.mydomain.com/catalog/1) and I do not know where to leave it normal, attached image.

categoriasox9.png

I'm using oscommerce 2.2Rca and contribution show_sub-categories_onmouse_over_v2

Thank you very much for everything.

I got this on all the other boxes and seems to be added by the code that goes into the boxes section. The word/text link goes to /1 in all the boxes, but the right arrow goes to the correct link

I just played around, I dont know if this is good or bad but it fixes it for me by doing this.

in boxes.php change this

function mws_infoboxcontents($contents) {
     global $mws_headerText, $mws_headerLink, $mws_TxtLink;
     if ($mws_TxtLink) $mws_headerText = '<a href="' . $mws_TxtLink . '" class="mws_boxTop">' . $mws_headerText . '</a>'; 
     $this->table_cellpadding = '0';
     $this->align = 'center';
     $info_box_contents = array();
     $info_box_contents[] = array(array('text' => tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '6')));
     for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($contents); $i<$n; $i++) {
       $info_box_contents[] = array(array('align' => (isset($contents[$i]['align']) ? $contents[$i]['align'] : ''),
                                           'form' => (isset($contents[$i]['form'])  ? $contents[$i]['form'] : ''),
                                         'params' => 'class="boxText"',
                                           'text' => (isset($contents[$i]['text'])  ? $contents[$i]['text'] : '')));

to this

function mws_infoboxcontents($contents) {
     global $mws_headerText, $mws_headerLink, $mws_TxtLink;
     if ($mws_TxtLink) $mws_headerText = '<a href="' . $mws_headerLink . '" class="mws_boxTop">' . $mws_headerText . '</a>'; 
     $this->table_cellpadding = '0';
     $this->align = 'center';
     $info_box_contents = array();
     $info_box_contents[] = array(array('text' => tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '1')));
     for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($contents); $i<$n; $i++) {
       $info_box_contents[] = array(array('align' => (isset($contents[$i]['align']) ? $contents[$i]['align'] : ''),
                                           'form' => (isset($contents[$i]['form'])  ? $contents[$i]['form'] : ''),
                                         'params' => 'class="boxText"',
                                           'text' => (isset($contents[$i]['text'])  ? $contents[$i]['text'] : '')));

so just 1 change from . $mws_TxtLink . to . $mws_headerLink .

Edited by danielcompton

• 3 weeks later...

This contribution is great and has been something that I have been looking for a long time. It basically works like Adobe Illustrator's Brush tool.

I was wondering if it might be possible to have different borders on different boxes, (primarily on the center box in the index.php file, which shows the new products for that month?

I was also wondering if anyone knew how to put a border around the whole outside perimeter? There are some templates for sale that have a solid color band around all four sides, with the shop site nested in the center. I would like to put a border around the outside that looks like torn paper laying on a darker background. I had previously done this in an html site using the slice tool in Adobe Imageready, with the center being the editable text.

Thanks a million for this great contribution.

Nick Sekela

Hi

Just wondering if the size of the borders and the top heading tab can be changed. Reading through the thread, the colours etc can be changed, in Photoshop or Paintshop Pro, I assume. That is OK, I think I can work that out but is there any code to the mws.?? styles I need to change?

Cheers

Ian

You cab re-size the border images when you edit them

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Sam:

Any ideas how to have different borders on different boxes, (primarily on the center box in the index.php file, which shows the new products for that month?

I would be most grateful if you could even point me in the right direction.

Nick Sekela