• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Graphical Borders

spooks

Hey Sam, can you take a look at www.eleatherline.com for me, I'm kinda lost at what's going wrong..Index and product pages are both having problems with image alignment.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Sam, can you take a look at www.eleatherline.com for me, I'm kinda lost at what's going wrong..Index and product pages are both having problems with image alignment.

You appear to have 2 issues.

1 in IE all is fine but the columns are wider than b4 this is due to the way g borders works, the graphics it adds are 14px wide, so your cols are now 26px wider than b4 (2px originally)

2 In firefox there are extra spaces, I`ve seen this b4 2, you're using a template, something in the css for that is interfering, check the css carefully.

;)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

You appear to have 2 issues.

1 in IE all is fine but the columns are wider than b4 this is due to the way g borders works, the graphics it adds are 14px wide, so your cols are now 26px wider than b4 (2px originally)

2 In firefox there are extra spaces, I`ve seen this b4 2, you're using a template, something in the css for that is interfering, check the css carefully.

;)

I'm not using a template...obviously...but I will check.

Okay, so any suggestions about the first issue? Frankly it's all a bit confusing. any extra CSS has nothing to do with infoboxs, so I'm a bit dumbfounded when you say to check it, none the less I will.

Thanks for the help thus far.

I notice you fixed your problem in firefox, well done.

It would be nice if you posted your solution, then others that have the same dont have to start over again.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

This is a wonderful contribution and a very good addition to my development site but i am having one slight problem and because i am an amateur to php i don't know where i fix this and hoping someone can help me.

Everything was working fine and still is working except when i installed the following contribution i got into a problem:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4944

The problem is that through out the whole site the borders are working fine except in this contribution the pop up window this contribution shows i am only getting the corners of the borders and missing the top, bottom, left, right sides.

The following is the only infobox code i see in the contibution:

$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $popup_headings[$payment]);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false); // Custom: change true, true to false, false

$popup_text = array();
$popup_text = array('viaklix' => TEXT_viaklix_HELP,
					'viaklix_cvv' => TEXT_viaklix_cvv_HELP,
					'cc' => TEXT_cc_HELP,
					'paypal_ipn' => TEXT_paypal_ipn_HELP,
					'interac_email' => TEXT_interac_email_HELP,
					'moneyorder' => TEXT_moneyorder_HELP,
					'cod' => TEXT_cod_HELP);

$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $popup_text[$payment]);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

How do i fix this please?

I would suspect the paths, but to tell any more I`d need to see the site.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi,

I have installed this mod and am trying to make my own boxes by replacing your images. I need to edit the pixles on a couple but is there anyway to remove the white background behind the text?

My_Screenshot_268.jpg

As you can see a white box appears behind the main text. Also on the header of the box lines appear behind it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You need to create transparent gif images, then no backround

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

all of them

Sam

Contributions:

After just checking all the images are already transparent as they are saved as gif's so it cannot be that. In the stylesheet I notice that the background for the center is set to white. Would this have anything to do with it?

Edited by crag364

After just checking all the images are already transparent as they are saved as gif's so it cannot be that. In the stylesheet I notice that the background for the center is set to white. Would this have anything to do with it?

gifs are'nt transparent unless you make them so when you create them!!

Sam

Contributions:

I would suspect the paths, but to tell any more I`d need to see the site.

Unfortunately the site is not in a position that it can be put online just yet. Its in development state in it only works on localhost.

Whe you say the paths, what paths are you talking about? The code that i showed you has no relevance to the showing of the borders?

Hi,

I have made alot of progress and the boxes i've made now look like this:

Without%20bot.jpg

As you can see there is a gap at the bottom. This seems to be where the bot.gif has to be placed. However when I place this in the image it turns out like this:

With%20Bot.jpg

I can not get it looking any differntly. Any ideas how I get this right?

Thanks!

Craig

Hi,

I have made alot of progress and the boxes i've made now look like this:

Without%20bot.jpg

As you can see there is a gap at the bottom. This seems to be where the bot.gif has to be placed. However when I place this in the image it turns out like this:

With%20Bot.jpg

I can not get it looking any differntly. Any ideas how I get this right?

Thanks!

Craig

the defaul corners are 14 x 12 and bottom is 2x12, if your bottom hieght dont match cornerd you get this.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Guys,

This contrib was easy to install, the only issue I have is with the category product listing center box. the headings are not over the graphics, and are instead below, as white on white background, any pointers appreciated. To help please visit www.amazingcomics.com.au and go to a product category. run the mouse around the top of the box to see the titles,

Cheers

Chris

The borders are achieved by wrapping the box in a table, to which the background pics are applied, these elements are seperate to the those of the box they surround, if you place your heading titles in this they will not line up with the colums below to which they apply. I do not believe there is a solution except apply size settings to border elements & box elements, this would be awkward & site specific.

I would point out manufacturer & category names can be placed within the border header without problem.

If you were to use the latest of Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6051

that has drop downs for sort order, so eliminates need for column headings

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Spooks,

?Thanks for your reply. I'm a little confused as all other boxes left/rigt columns, and featured products have the heading text appear over the graphic? Are these different classes, treated diferently?

Cheers

Chris

The borders are achieved by wrapping the box in a table, to which the background pics are applied, these elements are seperate to the those of the box they surround, if you place your heading titles in this they will not line up with the colums below to which they apply. I do not believe there is a solution except apply size settings to border elements & box elements, this would be awkward & site specific.

I would point out manufacturer & category names can be placed within the border header without problem.

If you were to use the latest of Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6051

that has drop downs for sort order, so eliminates need for column headings

No, I said it can be done, but if you do it wont line up!!

Sam

Contributions:

Guys,

Great contribution and nice and easy to install!

One quick question though..

My text on the main page is not in a box and I think it would look a lot nicer if it did! (This is the main text in the central column).

Is it a case of adding a bit of code to the "define('TEXT_MAIN'... in languages\english\index.php? or is there a little more to it?

Thanks in advance.

Mat

If you look ealier in this thread the answers are there:

You can style any box using the included functions........

Sam

Contributions:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Great looking boxes, if I could get them to work completely. The borders work around the sides and bottom of the boxes, but not the top. I have separate_price_422, FCKeditor_1.2 installed and figure there must be something in there that affects this contri. and I just can't figure it out. Maybe it is more simple than that, but I can only bumble my way through the code. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here's what I get and if I comment out .mws_boxTop in the stylesheet there is no change. example.jpg

Check your install, perhaps your missing an image?

Sam

Contributions:

Check your install, perhaps your missing an image?

That was my first thought, but notice the font is not correct either. The font is an overlay on the gif, no? I have installed on a clean shop and it worked fine, but we need the separate price to work. I was going to install the borders first then manually do the sppc, but it is a big contri. so easier to install sppc on clean shop then add others. Plus, I figured I may end up in the same boat after all that work if I don't know what is causing it to miss that image. Any other thoughts? Thanks for the quick response.

Edited by naccm