• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is this Possible? How? Paypal Problems....

mrssocolov

Hello

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this....

Ok, so I had a customer purchase from me. Just about all of my items are downloadable items. So, once they complete the Paypal payment - they are given the downloading link for that item.

So, I had a customer purchase a downloadable item. Select Paypal for payment - go through the payment process - I think complete the payment process - and then the order is recorded(with Paypal Payment as form of payment) but I did not receive the payment/money/funds? How is it possible the customer to can go through the process of Paypal payment - the order is recorded in my order system - they get the item and I do not get payment? Has anyone else run into this problem? If so - how did you solve it? Or stop it from happening again?

So, I tried looking up possible solutions to this problem - Has anyone tried the Downloads Controller v5? Any takes on this contribution? Is it a good thing? Or should I try something else?

- Thanks

Marlo

MarloDee Designs - www.marlodee.com

Dance as if No One were Watching ~ Sing as if No One were Listening ~ And Live Life everyday as if it were Your Last!

Hello

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this....

Ok, so I had a customer purchase from me. Just about all of my items are downloadable items. So, once they complete the Paypal payment - they are given the downloading link for that item.

So, I had a customer purchase a downloadable item. Select Paypal for payment - go through the payment process - I think complete the payment process - and then the order is recorded(with Paypal Payment as form of payment) but I did not receive the payment/money/funds? How is it possible the customer to can go through the process of Paypal payment - the order is recorded in my order system - they get the item and I do not get payment? Has anyone else run into this problem? If so - how did you solve it? Or stop it from happening again?

So, I tried looking up possible solutions to this problem - Has anyone tried the Downloads Controller v5? Any takes on this contribution? Is it a good thing? Or should I try something else?

- Thanks

Marlo

MarloDee Designs - www.marlodee.com

A common occurence with paypal not returning to your site. There are several paypal modules and different settings that can overcome this. Do you have any other payment options apart from paypal?

I do not have downloadable products, but the recommendation is that the Downloads Controller contribution is vital for downloadable products.

Well - actually I tested the system - PLEASE no one test my ordering system unless you tell me you are doing so - and it is actually working fine. I have two paypal accounts - so I was able to send payment to the account attached to my website. And the order went through fine and recorded as an order in the system. So it isn't a matter of the Paypal process isn't following through. It is working fine. It is just on this order - she ordered three items (one was a downloaded item) and paid all three suposedly with Paypal. It recorded fine but I didn't receive payment for it. And of course her email isn't valid. So, I can't get a hold of her. She is out of country(out of US). I am thinking this was a hack of some sort to get the downloaded item. Is it possible to hack the order via Paypal to get a downloaded item? I know you can with a bogus credit card number (which is another one of my options - I offer credit cards as a payment option as well) - but I wasn't aware that you can hack the Paypal payment too?

Dance as if No One were Watching ~ Sing as if No One were Listening ~ And Live Life everyday as if it were Your Last!

Well use Paypal IPN and properly configure download system values.

With the Paypal that came along with MS2.2 (prior to rc version) that did not use IPN there was a possible hack.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Well use Paypal IPN and properly configure download system values.

With the Paypal that came along with MS2.2 (prior to rc version) that did not use IPN there was a possible hack.

Satish

There was a post about a paypal hack a while ago. It said basically that any paypal ipn can be hacked and gave instructions. Some turkey from the osc site did it on my shop, the order processed ok, but no payment in paypal. My solution, remove the paypal module altogether.

There was a post about a paypal hack a while ago. It said basically that any paypal ipn can be hacked and gave instructions. Some turkey from the osc site did it on my shop, the order processed ok, but no payment in paypal. My solution, remove the paypal module altogether.

lol - if I updated to Paypal IPN - it can get hacked. If I remove Paypal - I lose a lot of my customers and with a dummy credit card number it can still get hacked - so it is a lose lose situation.

I guess I was just wondering how it happened - oh well - guess I will just have to live with it. Hopefully it doesn't happen too much - or I will have to turn everything into CDs to ship - or close the store all together. Such as life I guess.

Thanks anyway.

going by the code analysis.

The code that IPN has it is impossible to hack unless You have modified and by passed some security code.

Can YOu give Me the link of the hack coment.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.