• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Hi Sam

I am trying to convert this contribution to make an ‘All Products’ listing.

I have everything working except the page links (Results/Page, Sort Order, Result Pages)

Clicking ‘page 2’ takes me to the index page.

Could you tell me where this is set please?

Thanks

Ken

The paging is done by the split page results class, which is un-modified, it indicates there are issues with the sql query you are presenting.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Average reviews

P.S. Any plans to add a feature to display the average customer star rating on product listing, if the product has reviews?

The forthcoming version 2.7 will have the option of showing average review rating as well as thumbnails with rounded corners. smile.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Average reviews

The forthcoming version 2.7 will have the option of showing average review rating as well as thumbnails with rounded corners. smile.gif

Very good, but it would be interesting if you could put to work New_product random order, but only New_product because Product_New order date added is correct. I have made all attempts but has no way to run such a resource in their contribution. I'm looking forward to it.

Regards

Shazam

Sao Paulo - Brazil

Hi Sam

Thank you for your help.

I did find the problem. It was not the sql query. It was the filename.

all-products.php does not work. The hyphen causes 'pages 2' to re-direct to the index page.

allproducts.php works correctly.

Regards

Ken

Edited by Ken44

Hi Sam

Thank you for your help.

I did find the problem. It was not the sql query. It was the filename.

all-products.php does not work. The hyphen causes 'pages 2' to re-direct to the index page.

allproducts.php works correctly.

Regards

Ken

I suspect the issue is not split page, but a seo url package you have, the convention within osC is to use underscores in filenames & that is what seo packages expect, they also tend to use hyphen's as seperators.

Its always best to keep to conventions, prevents un-expected issues. wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

I suspect the issue is not split page, but a seo url package you have,

Hi Sam

I am not using any SEO urls.

all-products.php (by Jack) was working correctly until I replaced product_listing.php

with the one from this contribution.

I was going to re-write all-products.php using the products_new.php but it appears this is not necessary. All I need to do is rename it.

Regards

Ken

Hi Sam

Love the changes you made in the upgrade package, esp the tooltip and truncated description in the product listing. Thanks.

This is not a big problem, but can we have it so that there is no text or infobox displayed when there are no new products.

See here:

In my case there are actually new products in the sub categories, just not the top level one. Also I don't want any unnecessary text appearing in SE listings.

Ashley

all-products.php (by Jack) was working correctly until I replaced product_listing.php

with the one from this contribution.

That would imply an issue with your tep_href_link function, its not an issue with my file (I have tested to confirm)

What version of all products do you have, in those I`ve seen the file is called allprods.php

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Sam

Love the changes you made in the upgrade package, esp the tooltip and truncated description in the product listing. Thanks.

This is not a big problem, but can we have it so that there is no text or infobox displayed when there are no new products.

See here:

In my case there are actually new products in the sub categories, just not the top level one. Also I don't want any unnecessary text appearing in SE listings.

Ashley

The text displyed is that defined in TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS in your relavent language file, alter there.

Sam

Contributions:

The text displyed is that defined in TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS in your relavent language file, alter there.

Cool, thanks. I was wondering how to delete the infobox if there is no text, but I see the box is not displayed when there is no text.

Thanks

ashley

That would imply an issue with your tep_href_link function, its not an issue with my file (I have tested to confirm)

Hi Sam.

You are correct – It is not this contribution. I just replaced product_listing.php with the original one and the problem is still there.

I am using AllProducts_SEO_v_1.1 by Jack. Which includes a file called all-products.php

The only other contributions I have installed recently are

KissMT (Meta tags) and the function setPhpSelf here

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/348589-serious-hole-found-in-oscommerce/page__st__80__p__1467014entry1467014

I only noticed all-products.php was not working when I installed Product Listing Enhancements V2.6 and some of the ‘buy now’ buttons were missing.

So it seems it may not have been working for longer. I will have to look further back.

My tep_href_link function looks OK/standard.

Regards

Ken

I would suspect a issue with PHPSELF as thats whats used for the link, in this case the link is generated by the split page results class too.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Sam.

Thank you for your help.

Is IS the code by FWR Media to reliably set PHP_SELF that is causing the problem.

I will look for a fix or post in the correct support thread.

Thanks again for your help. I doubt I would have ever found that without your suggestions.

Regards

Ken

Hi Sam,

I can hardly wait to test your new version! :D

I've got two short questions to v2.6.

1. Is it possible to add a mouse:hover background color to thumbnails in grid?

2. in list mode, the products_price is displayed right next to the products name, unfortunately many of my product names are very long and that does not look really nice in IE. What can i do to display the price right under the products_name? I use TaxInfo contrib.

Many Thanks

regards

Harry

Hi Sam.

Thank you for your help.

Is IS the code by FWR Media to reliably set PHP_SELF that is causing the problem.

I will look for a fix or post in the correct support thread.

Thanks again for your help. I doubt I would have ever found that without your suggestions.

Regards

Ken

Hi, got the same problem some times ago. It comes with new version of USU5 (r141)!

to fix it, just change the filename in includes/filenames.php to all_products.php

then rename all-products.php to all_products.php, do the same with your language files.

Thats all

regards

Harry

Edited by 2fix4u

1. Is it possible to add a mouse:hover background color to thumbnails in grid?

2. in list mode, the products_price is displayed right next to the products name, unfortunately many of my product names are very long and that does not look really nice in IE. What can i do to display the price right under the products_name? I use TaxInfo contrib.

1. in grid mode the prod display uses the class .infoBoxGrid modify that

2. Sounds like you have global titles on, turn that off

Sam

Contributions:

1. in grid mode the prod display uses the class .infoBoxGrid modify that

2. Sounds like you have global titles on, turn that off

Thank you

1. i will try

2. where i can do that? I cant find any option whether in the file or in admin/product listing :blush:

Another question

where come the function: "tep_get_att_price" from, is that possibly another kind of TaxInfo? :blush:

Many thanks for your support

Edited by 2fix4u

2. where i can do that? I cant find any option whether in the file or in admin/product listing blush.gif

where come the function: "tep_get_att_price" from, is that possibly another kind of TaxInfo? blush.gif

Global titles is refered to in the doc, the setting is called Display Product Name/Price above all other fields

tep_get_att_price is a function I wrote & use on some sites, I have never released it. It does what it implies.

I don't know TaxInfo

Sam

Contributions:

Global titles is refered to in the doc, the setting is called Display Product Name/Price above all other fields

tep_get_att_price is a function I wrote & use on some sites, I have never released it. It does what it implies.

I don't know TaxInfo

Many thanks,

but this mode looks bad too.

TaxInfo changes the code in includes/classes/currencies like this:

////////////// incl. TAX INFO 1.6 /////////////////////
function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
if (TAX_INFO_ONOFF == 'Enabled') {
		$return = $this->format($this->calculate_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity));
		global $tag;
	if(DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX=='true'){
		$return .= "<br><div class=\"tax_info\">" . sprintf(TEXT_INFO_TAX, $products_tax, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING)) . "</div>";
	} else {
		$return .= "<br><div class=\"tax_info\">" . sprintf(TEXT_INFO_TAX_ZZGL, $products_tax, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING)) . "</div>";
	}
	return $return;
} else {
	return $this->format($this->calculate_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity));
}
  }

function display_price2($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
if (TAX_INFO_ONOFF == 'Enabled') {
	$return = $this->format($this->calculate_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity));
	global $tag;
	#$return .= "<br><div class=\"tax_info\">" . sprintf(TEXT_INFO_TAX, $products_tax, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING)) . "</div>";
	return $return;
} else {
	return $this->format($this->calculate_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity));
}
}   
}
/* ORG:
   function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
   }
*/
////////////// eof incl. TAX INFO 1.6 /////////////////////

and i think its a problem with the <div> tags. But i really don't know because I'm not a programmer.

If you have time to take a look at my site (with IE) its possibly easier to understand what i mean.

With firefox there is no problem.

My link

Many Thanks

have you tried using block mode, you could alse reduce the font size for the product name,

you could download firefox's web developer & firebug plugins, then use that to find the css of any element on a page.

Sam

Contributions:

have you tried using block mode, you could alse reduce the font size for the product name,

you could download firefox's web developer & firebug plugins, then use that to find the css of any element on a page.

Thank you very much!

I will try my best!

Best regards

Uploaded new version 2.7

Added rounded borders to thumbnails, see notes for use and requirements.

Added the option of showing the products average review rating within the listing.

Completed re-write of the installation doc!!.

Fixed bug in products_new.php file.

Fixed query bug in new_products.php module.

Modified thumbnail button positioning.

Modified specials.php file to always use product listing module, so create more consistant look to site.

Added new css entry for product name field.

Changed files: product_listing.php, products_new.php, new_products.php, specials.php, english.php.

css entries: classes .infoBoxProducts & SPAN.list_info:hover span & .productListing-name (new) & changed image tooltip css.

New files: page-header-inc.htc & DD_roundies.js.

UPGRADING

Upload any changed & new files & apply SQL upgrade file if needed, edit your style sheet. You will also need to edit index.php, advanced_search_result.php and products_new.php

if you wish to use all features.

Enjoy biggrin.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Uploaded new version 2.7

Added rounded borders to thumbnails, see notes for use and requirements.

Added the option of showing the products average review rating within the listing.

Completed re-write of the installation doc!!.

Fixed bug in products_new.php file.

Fixed query bug in new_products.php module.

Modified thumbnail button positioning.

Modified specials.php file to always use product listing module, so create more consistant look to site.

Added new css entry for product name field.

Changed files: product_listing.php, products_new.php, new_products.php, specials.php, english.php.

css entries: classes .infoBoxProducts & SPAN.list_info:hover span & .productListing-name (new) & changed image tooltip css.

New files: page-header-inc.htc & DD_roundies.js.

UPGRADING

Upload any changed & new files & apply SQL upgrade file if needed, edit your style sheet. You will also need to edit index.php, advanced_search_result.php and products_new.php

if you wish to use all features.

Enjoy biggrin.gif

Hi Sam,

thank you for this update!

Found two little issues:

specials.php:

1054 - Unknown column 'm.manufacturers_name' in 'field list'

select pd.products_name, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from products p, products_description pd, specials s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '2' and s.status = '1' order by p.products_date_added DESC, pd.products_name limit 0, 12

[TEP STOP]

thumbnail view rounded corners:

thumbnail.jpg

Any Ideas?

Thank you

Harry